Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Just be carefull guys

Old 12-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
WildcaTaco is on a distinguished road
WildcaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just be carefull guys

I know this is a truck forum but even if this douche had hit one of our trucks results would have been the same. My thoughts and prayers go to the family of the supra driver.

**** Warning video link below not for the weak of stomach***

http://www.abc15.com/mediacenter/loc...xv.dayport.com

Story:

Two people were killed when a police pursuit of a suspected bank robber, carried live on TV, ended in a head-on collision on the Salt River Reservation Wednesday afternoon.
The suspect barreled into a white Toyota Supra. No passengers were in either vehicle.

"This is tragic," Department of Public Safety spokesman Sgt. Tim Mason said. "You can't get around that."

The suspect is believed to be the same man wanted for three attempted bank robberies in the East Valley - the Nov. 20 robbery of a Chandler Washington Mutual and the Nov. 24 and Dec. 3 robberies of a Chandler Wachovia, police said.

The chase began after the armed man held up a Bank of America near McClintock Drive and Warner Road in Tempe around 1:50 p.m., police said. The man entered the bank, pointed a handgun at several customers and tellers and demanded money, police said. He then fled with an undisclosed amount of money.

Witnesses described to police the sedan driven by the suspect, a gray Nissan Altima. Police found the man near Baseline Road and Country Club Drive in Mesa. Officers tried to stop the gunman, but he fled again, leading police through several East Valley cities.

At one point, DPS officers threw out tire deflation devices on northbound Loop 101 near Elliot Road, but the driver swerved to the right, missing them.

At the time of the crash, DPS and Chandler police officers were trailing the car, officials said. According to police, the suspect exited and got back onto the freeway several times.

The suspect then exited northbound Loop 101 at McKellips Road and headed east, where he slammed into the Toyota at what appeared to be a high speed.

TV viewers of at least one channel got a close-up view as the suspect's vehicle swerved into the oncoming lane and crashed head-on into the Toyota. The names of those involved were not available Wednesday night.

Tom Bell, news director of Channel 5, said he decided not to show the graphic video on evening newscasts Wednesday night.

"The crash was tragic. While it occurred live, we moved away from the images of the impact moments after it happened," Bell wrote in a statement.

Channel 15 also had video of the crash on its Web site, but their video was from a different angle and was not as zoomed in as that of Channel 5.

Channel 12 said it showed video of the police pursuit but not the crash.

DPS Cmdr. Tom Woodward declined to estimate how fast the Altima or patrols were going. Video footage of the pursuit shows officers were some distance from the cars. Police reported losing visual contact with the vehicle at some points. DPS officials would not say how close patrol cars got to the Altima throughout the pursuit. Speed and the fact that the chase occurred in a populated area factors into the DPS pursuit policy, but those are not sole determinants, Woodward said.

Mason said DPS chose to chase "a violent, fleeing felon when we're able to safely."

"We don't create these situations," he said. "We do everything we can to avoid it."

Reporters Cyrus Karimi, Jim Walsh, Senta Scarborough and Dave Seibert contributed to this article.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Kind of speechless,
Old 12-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a firm believer of punching one through the engine block of those who chose to run from the cops. Get a police helicopter airborne with a sharpshooter and get on top of them and one right through the hood. If they happen to miss and hit the roof, oh well you should not have run.

Suck bad though poor guy was probably going to work or home to his family when some asshat decides to run knowing full well that he isn't going to get away. The only good thing is the robber died and I hope his funeral is a closed casket.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I'm a firm believer of punching one through the engine block of those who chose to run from the cops. Get a police helicopter airborne with a sharpshooter and get on top of them and one right through the hood. If they happen to miss and hit the roof, oh well you should not have run.

Suck bad though poor guy was probably going to work or home to his family when some asshat decides to run knowing full well that he isn't going to get away. The only good thing is the robber died and I hope his funeral is a closed casket.

im right there with ya banshee!!! makes ya really wonder why some people do some of the really stupid things they do!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
That is so sad. I agree with you banshee, the coast guard shoots out engines of drug runners in cigarrete boats, the police should do the same thing to cars. I have no smypathy for anyone that puts anyone elses life in danger. My prayers go out to the victims family.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Did it seem to anyone else that he swerved into the supra on purpose? there were no cars in his lane but he went into oncoming traffic and it looked like he hit the supra intentionally. what an asshole, if you wanna kill yourself fine, but hit a bridge support or use the gun you just used to rob the bank, dont take an innocent life with you....
Old 12-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I agree. This was something that never should have happened. I think he swerved on purpose. I don't know what I would have done... I don't know that anyone could have done anything about it, except the driver of the Altima.