Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Nationwide TW gathering

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
1st EVER Nationwide TW gathering

I've talked to a couple of folks about this...and the mods...and i've gotten a positive reaction so far

how does everyone feel about trying to get a NATIONAL TW gathering rolling?

The "other" sites both have their own national get-togethers and always have a good showing of folks...

I feel like TW is a much closer-knit group of people and I'd really like to see something like this happen

I feel like if we start planning now...perhaps sometime in the spring of next year we can accomplish a good showing

Planning now = time to save for everyone who's a bit tight on cash (like myself)

I think personally, because of the wide range of membership here, we should kind of mix the ideas of the other 2 gatherings

Tacoberfest is just a hang out...chill...meet other tacoma owners...work on trucks kind of weekend...whereas takeover is an all-wheeling trip

i'd LIKE for it to be held somewhere that can allow both...so that everyone can be involved and feel welcome

I'd also like to see some folks who have ties with business owners maybe get some raffle prizes etc...stickers...tshirts...the whole works

now then

as far as my free time goes...i'll do what i can...however im in the middle of a huge promotion at work and that means more time in training (that ill be away from my computer for 9 weeks)

Anyone wanna step up and at least help me out and get the ball rolling?

any suggestions as to places?

thoughts?

*EDIT 1*
Suggestion of places
-Texas
-Iowa
-Kansas City

Old 07-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
I think that'd be pretty awesome!! Subscribing

Old 07-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like fun.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
What about smack dab in the middle of the country, so it would be equally as far for somebody from SoCal and for somebody from VA like me or NC?

I'll most definitely help out! I'm kinda limited to school though, so I'll do what I can. What you want me to do, Boss?

Old 07-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #6
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Hell of an idea

Old 07-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i think somewhere in the middle of the US would be perfect for the first one...however im open to any and all ideas

I'd like somewhere that has camping availability for those of us who like to rough it...but hotels for those of us (and any better halves that may come) who dont

Old 07-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's a good idea...

but before any planning can commence... we need a name...

Old 07-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I think it's a good idea...

but before any planning can commence... we need a name...
FINE

lets have a name too then

Old 07-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i think somewhere in the middle of the US would be perfect for the first one...however im open to any and all ideas

I'd like somewhere that has camping availability for those of us who like to rough it...but hotels for those of us (and any better halves that may come) who dont
I'll do some research on some places near the middle of the US, see what I can find. I'm liking this idea even more.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

id vote for socal if tcbob will let us all stay at his house

Old 07-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #12
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard the Ozarks are nice but I don't know if there's any good wheeling out there

Old 07-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #13
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like fun... gonna depend on work and my grand kid time.

Middle of the country would be great....

Good idea TF

Old 07-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

im thinking around april/may would be a good time

Old 07-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #16
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
i am in md so if it is in the middle of the country then i am in.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #17
GASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
GASH's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea, some where in the middle sounds like the best option.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #19
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Im down!

Old 07-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #20
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
New Orleans is actually pretty centrally located.

Closed Thread