LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Any Pilots?

Old 07-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
kasey200's Tacoma Gallery
Any Pilots?

Thinking about starting flight lessons... any pilots on here with any advice?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey200 View Post
Don't crash
Old 07-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
my dad got his liscense a few years ago. It was very expensive. money that could be spent on some mods.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
dont tell the instructors that u dont need to know how to take off or land, just fly...
Old 07-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Took lessons way back in 1972 and my instructor told me this.
" There are OLD pilots and BOLD pilots, but no OLD-BOLD pilots"
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I fly gliders, but haven't really made my way into powered flight yet.
It's more or less easy to fly powered....You have the option to add power unless the engine is out....and engines going out isn't THAT common.

Gliders- You are going down no matter what you do...
Old 07-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
It's funny. I just posted these on TW Live today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
Lol flying solo over Atlantic city nj
Quote:
Atlantic city, nj. I love flying and texting
Old 07-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
It's more or less easy to fly powered....You have the option to add power unless the engine is out....and engines going out isn't THAT common.

Gliders- You are going down no matter what you do...
Yeah, I'm at the mercy of the wind and the thermals.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #12
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Yeah, I'm at the mercy of the wind and the thermals.
It takes balls to do that. I need the engine safety net lol
Old 07-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #14
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lucky you- I get threatened with getting kicked out of training if I take photos of myself while I'm flying...
I'll be joining you in 6-7 years. I want to fly helos for the USCG so bad!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #15
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey200 View Post
Okay but advice for you from what I've learned...

-Study for the knowledge test.
-Commit.
-Get ready to spend 6-8K for the license. Yes it's that expensive. No you probably can't do it cheaper.
-Don't be stubborn (It's not like driving a car and the person in the right seat knows more than you no matter what you think)
-Get ready to have a shit ton of fun!!!

Oh and when I tell a girl I'm a pilot... yea that works wonders for ya
Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #16
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
I'll be joining you in 6-7 years. I want to fly helos for the USCG so bad!!!
If that's the case- Don't spend too much money on flight lessons/plane rentals now.

I didn't have any hours before I started and I'm doing just fine-

Spend your money on other fun stuff and make sure you are doing well in school and involved in your community...That'll get you in OCS or the Academy and into a flight spot pretty easily...and then it's just studying and flying!!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #18
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If that's the case- Don't spend too much money on flight lessons/plane rentals now.

I didn't have any hours before I started and I'm doing just fine-

Spend your money on other fun stuff and make sure you are doing well in school and involved in your community...That'll get you in OCS or the Academy and into a flight spot pretty easily...and then it's just studying and flying!!
Going to Ithaca College in upstate NY in about a month. Then doing OCS, getting my time on a ship out of the way, learn to fly helos.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:03 PM   #19
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
<----Pilot

go for it... I even applied my PPL in an unconventional manner and turned it into a job.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #20
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
<----Pilot

go for it... I even applied my PPL in an unconventional manner and turned it into a job.
Technically that illegal LOL