1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

other forums

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Viper-2, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Dec 16, 2007 at 5:01 AM
    Viper-2

Viper-2 [OP] Secret Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner with many mods
    I spend time at other forums checking things out. Mainly at Toyota Nation. But I was checking out TTORA and man they are serious jerkoffs over there.

If someone asks a question they just bash the shit out of the person calling them dipshit and C**T. A bunch of little boys. Over here we act like teenagers but everyone isn't a rude douchebag.

I'm actually starting to love you guys (and gals). :rolleyes: :D

2. Dec 16, 2007 at 6:12 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Does that include me too? :confused: & :canada:

3. Dec 16, 2007 at 6:27 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    I'm with you Viper, although the TW guys get rowdy once and a while, all and all they are a great bunch of guys (and gals):D

Happy Holidays to all You Great Taco World Members (and Guests)

Don G

4. Dec 16, 2007 at 7:23 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Well Viper, I have not been to other forums but knew right away that this one was cool. Great information salted with thinly veiled sarcasm, it's good from where I sit. :cool:

5. Dec 16, 2007 at 8:41 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    im in agreeance....tw is the best as far as im concerned. tundrasolutions isnt that bad, but ttora and customtacos is pretty bad. alotta assholes that like to run their mouths. we just like to have fun here!!! and for the record........i dont mind helping someone who asks about something thats been discussed a million times without searching.......thats why we are here, to help each other out.

6. Dec 16, 2007 at 9:27 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Like CJ I didn't spend alot of time on other Tacoma forums,I just stumbled upon TW and liked what I saw.I am however,a member of other forums for another hobby and have seen the dark side.I try to conduct myself on the internet as I do in real life.I don't type anything I wouldn't say to someones face for fear of getting a punch in the mouth.Sometimes it seems that internet anonymity breeds some keyboard tough guys and usually it's pretty transparent.I find that the guys who bash the most and like to dog-pile and name-call are usually either insecure or Chicken.

All that said,I love a healthy dose of good natured razzing.In my job if you've got thin skin you're not going to last.Again however,it's only fun as long as everyone's having fun.

As far as Newbies go,we were all new once.Heck,I'm a Newb here and I've recieved nothing but a warm welcome and positive feedback to my queries.....You get what you give, and someday when I get a little bit more knowlegable,I hope to be able to provide some new member with an answer they're looking for.

Actually,....what do I know,I'm just a dumb Canadian.;):D

7. Dec 16, 2007 at 10:51 AM
    concrete jedi

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Yeah Bacon you're right, but don't you get uppty ! :laugh:

8. Dec 16, 2007 at 11:29 AM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    tn does have alot of info. they've been around a long time. but tw is my favorite. we are small enough to tolerate a few misguided misfits having fun with their alliance thing. :rolleyes: LOL just kiddin

9. Dec 16, 2007 at 11:46 AM
    squad314

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade

You better be nice or I'll send down a low pressure system that'll have you shoveling for a week!........Probably a Yankee fan too!.........:rolleyes::D

10. Dec 16, 2007 at 12:32 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    this is the only taco forum that i've been on. i was on an s-10 forum back in the day and also had a forum for the old truck club i was in. this place is good enough for me. but yeah, people can be assholes anywhere i guess.

11. Dec 16, 2007 at 2:45 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Hey CD. Don't mess with Canadians :mad:. You dont want me to send a flock of Canada geese your way, do you? Hint hint.... they dont fly upside down like your birds :eek:.

12. Dec 16, 2007 at 3:53 PM
    concrete jedi

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    Touche' :laugh:

13. Dec 16, 2007 at 3:59 PM
    concrete jedi

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    I'll behave, I promise; although I did get maybe 7-8 inches of snow since Friday, maybe another 3 inches tonight, so far it's been a decent winter. The snow blower is working nicely, the Taco is stellar, I was out in it today, just playing, good fun. Yeah I follow the pinstrips, although with all this madness in professional sports, I am less a fan everyday. :canada:

14. Dec 16, 2007 at 4:36 PM
    Viper-2

Viper-2 [OP] Secret Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner with many mods
    Absolutely, our Canadians are far nicer than their Canadians. Their Canucks are brats and Assholes...ours are just Pompous and ignorant like a normal Canuck should be. :argue: It's like the rabble in Escape from New York over there.

I get a lot of info on Toyota Nation, no doubt about it. But it's kinda like Laughlin compared to Las Vegas...much more manageable over here and I cosider this more my home. :)

15. Dec 16, 2007 at 5:42 PM
    squad314

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    Aww shucks Viper,you're making me blush.:D

16. Dec 16, 2007 at 6:37 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    You can find good info on other sites but your time spent there will not be nearly as fun and entertaining. :thumbsup:

17. Dec 16, 2007 at 7:09 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    I've never been a member of a forum before this one. TW is right up my alley. I like to have fun. If you want to be serious, go to a funeral. This is like a family here. On that note, thankyou everyone for accepting me into your family.

18. Dec 17, 2007 at 6:03 AM
    keynote22

keynote22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TTORA is a good place to go to READ info on off road stuff, just never ask a question. ;) The are dedicated to off road mods. No threads on LED or sub installs over there. LOL The bad thing is that even though those guys are hard core off road, they dont post up info or have a good "how too" section. You are lucky to get one pic of a slider install or an honest comparison of different skid plates. They just flame people for asking about it. I have learned more about how to do my off road mods on this site than over there. I really appreciate the time and effort people have taken into the excellent write ups on stuff. That site is more like a bunch of kids than any I have ever been on. It's too bad that it is really the only place to go for serious off road mod questions. All the fabricators hang out there.

19. Dec 17, 2007 at 7:07 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    My Tacoma days started on TTORA and the PA Chapter back in 99 when I owened my 96. I was the PA Vice president also. Learned a lot, did a lot, and met some awesome people. Back then - it was small and only limited to Tacomas which were on the market for only 4 years. Today - there's 12 years worth of Tacomas on the market, plus they've added all Toyota 4WD vehicles - so the place has exploded with population. Of course - as large as its become....it's got its share of idiots on there. I still visit there and get and give information.

Since I bought my new truck - I've started visiting Toyota Nation, Custom Taco's, and Tacoma world. I don't visit Custom taco's as much - but I do have a very good friend there so I'll always go back to keep in touch. My new truck isn't an offroader (it could be, but I have a jeep for that).

There are gonna be idiots on every forum. There will be idiotic responses on all forums. The bigger & more popular the forum - the more azzhat responses you'll get. These forums are for the public and people can act anyway they want here..... they'll say anything they want.

You gotta remember - no matter which forum you visit, you've always gotta USE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT when it comes to information, feedback, oppinions, mechanical know-how, etc. '

Tacoma world is cool as its smaller and not as popular and more friendly - much like TTORA was nearly 8 years ago.

20. Dec 17, 2007 at 8:42 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels

I like your attitude! Now see, why can't you be like that TheMaster?

Products Discussed in

To Top