Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

other forums

Old 12-16-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
other forums

I spend time at other forums checking things out. Mainly at Toyota Nation. But I was checking out TTORA and man they are serious jerkoffs over there.

If someone asks a question they just bash the shit out of the person calling them dipshit and C**T. A bunch of little boys. Over here we act like teenagers but everyone isn't a rude douchebag.

I'm actually starting to love you guys (and gals).
Old 12-16-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
I'm actually starting to love you guys (and gals).
Does that include me too? &
Old 12-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with you Viper, although the TW guys get rowdy once and a while, all and all they are a great bunch of guys (and gals)

Happy Holidays to all You Great Taco World Members (and Guests)

Don G
Old 12-16-2007, 08:23 AM   #4
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Well Viper, I have not been to other forums but knew right away that this one was cool. Great information salted with thinly veiled sarcasm, it's good from where I sit.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
im in agreeance....tw is the best as far as im concerned. tundrasolutions isnt that bad, but ttora and customtacos is pretty bad. alotta assholes that like to run their mouths. we just like to have fun here!!! and for the record........i dont mind helping someone who asks about something thats been discussed a million times without searching.......thats why we are here, to help each other out.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #6
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Like CJ I didn't spend alot of time on other Tacoma forums,I just stumbled upon TW and liked what I saw.I am however,a member of other forums for another hobby and have seen the dark side.I try to conduct myself on the internet as I do in real life.I don't type anything I wouldn't say to someones face for fear of getting a punch in the mouth.Sometimes it seems that internet anonymity breeds some keyboard tough guys and usually it's pretty transparent.I find that the guys who bash the most and like to dog-pile and name-call are usually either insecure or Chicken.

All that said,I love a healthy dose of good natured razzing.In my job if you've got thin skin you're not going to last.Again however,it's only fun as long as everyone's having fun.

As far as Newbies go,we were all new once.Heck,I'm a Newb here and I've recieved nothing but a warm welcome and positive feedback to my queries.....You get what you give, and someday when I get a little bit more knowlegable,I hope to be able to provide some new member with an answer they're looking for.

Actually,....what do I know,I'm just a dumb Canadian.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Like CJ I didn't spend alot of time on other Tacoma forums,I just stumbled upon TW and liked what I saw.I am however,a member of other forums for another hobby and have seen the dark side.I try to conduct myself on the internet as I do in real life.I don't type anything I wouldn't say to someones face for fear of getting a punch in the mouth.Sometimes it seems that internet anonymity breeds some keyboard tough guys and usually it's pretty transparent.I find that the guys who bash the most and like to dog-pile and name-call are usually either insecure or Chicken.

All that said,I love a healthy dose of good natured razzing.In my job if you've got thin skin you're not going to last.Again however,it's only fun as long as everyone's having fun.

As far as Newbies go,we were all new once.Heck,I'm a Newb here and I've recieved nothing but a warm welcome and positive feedback to my queries.....You get what you give, and someday when I get a little bit more knowlegable,I hope to be able to provide some new member with an answer they're looking for.

Yeah Bacon you're right, but don't you get uppty !
Old 12-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #8
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
tn does have alot of info. they've been around a long time. but tw is my favorite. we are small enough to tolerate a few misguided misfits having fun with their alliance thing. LOL just kiddin
Old 12-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #9
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post

You better be nice or I'll send down a low pressure system that'll have you shoveling for a week!........Probably a Yankee fan too!.........
Old 12-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
this is the only taco forum that i've been on. i was on an s-10 forum back in the day and also had a forum for the old truck club i was in. this place is good enough for me. but yeah, people can be assholes anywhere i guess.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #11
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Hey CD. Don't mess with Canadians . You dont want me to send a flock of Canada geese your way, do you? Hint hint.... they dont fly upside down like your birds .
Old 12-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Hey CD. Don't mess with Canadians . You dont want me to send a flock of Canada geese your way, do you? Hint hint.... they dont fly upside down like your birds .
Touche'
Old 12-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #13

Quote:
You better be nice or I'll send down a low pressure system that'll have you shoveling for a week!........Probably a Yankee fan too!.........
I'll behave, I promise; although I did get maybe 7-8 inches of snow since Friday, maybe another 3 inches tonight, so far it's been a decent winter. The snow blower is working nicely, the Taco is stellar, I was out in it today, just playing, good fun. Yeah I follow the pinstrips, although with all this madness in professional sports, I am less a fan everyday.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #14
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Does that include me too? &
Absolutely, our Canadians are far nicer than their Canadians. Their Canucks are brats and Assholes...ours are just Pompous and ignorant like a normal Canuck should be. It's like the rabble in Escape from New York over there.

I get a lot of info on Toyota Nation, no doubt about it. But it's kinda like Laughlin compared to Las Vegas...much more manageable over here and I cosider this more my home.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #15

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
Absolutely, our Canadians are far nicer than their Canadians. Their Canucks are brats and Assholes...ours are just Pompous and ignorant like a normal Canuck should be.
Aww shucks Viper,you're making me blush.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:09 PM   #17
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I've never been a member of a forum before this one. TW is right up my alley. I like to have fun. If you want to be serious, go to a funeral. This is like a family here. On that note, thankyou everyone for accepting me into your family.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:03 AM   #18
keynote22 is on a distinguished road
keynote22's Tacoma Gallery
TTORA is a good place to go to READ info on off road stuff, just never ask a question. The are dedicated to off road mods. No threads on LED or sub installs over there. LOL The bad thing is that even though those guys are hard core off road, they dont post up info or have a good "how too" section. You are lucky to get one pic of a slider install or an honest comparison of different skid plates. They just flame people for asking about it. I have learned more about how to do my off road mods on this site than over there. I really appreciate the time and effort people have taken into the excellent write ups on stuff. That site is more like a bunch of kids than any I have ever been on. It's too bad that it is really the only place to go for serious off road mod questions. All the fabricators hang out there.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #19
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My Tacoma days started on TTORA and the PA Chapter back in 99 when I owened my 96. I was the PA Vice president also. Learned a lot, did a lot, and met some awesome people. Back then - it was small and only limited to Tacomas which were on the market for only 4 years. Today - there's 12 years worth of Tacomas on the market, plus they've added all Toyota 4WD vehicles - so the place has exploded with population. Of course - as large as its become....it's got its share of idiots on there. I still visit there and get and give information.

Since I bought my new truck - I've started visiting Toyota Nation, Custom Taco's, and Tacoma world. I don't visit Custom taco's as much - but I do have a very good friend there so I'll always go back to keep in touch. My new truck isn't an offroader (it could be, but I have a jeep for that).

There are gonna be idiots on every forum. There will be idiotic responses on all forums. The bigger & more popular the forum - the more azzhat responses you'll get. These forums are for the public and people can act anyway they want here..... they'll say anything they want.

You gotta remember - no matter which forum you visit, you've always gotta USE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT when it comes to information, feedback, oppinions, mechanical know-how, etc. '

Tacoma world is cool as its smaller and not as popular and more friendly - much like TTORA was nearly 8 years ago.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #20
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I like your attitude! Now see, why can't you be like that TheMaster?