Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

JDMCQ's Garage

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #268881
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
ahh...victoria day. you canucks and your fake holidays
Not fake if I get paid for it
Old 05-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #268882
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
FTFY
I just rode cholo style to lunch in a crown Vic. Loud messican music. Hahahahaha
Old 05-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #268883
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
approved by the bank pending the appraisal
FTW!!

A giant step in the positive direction.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #268884
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
At the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, just took a racing modified Ferrari 430 GT for a rip. 500+ hp, 2600 pound super car.

Ho-lee-shit. Life is good.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #268885
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Toro self paced, easiest mowing I've ever done.
Thanks for the info.... how does it self pace... i want to walk at my speed, not it's

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
I has 6th one down on self propelled list. Love it

Quote:
approved by the bank pending the appraisal
Congrats!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #268886
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Susan:
I have had my Toro Self propelled mower since the early 90's and it still works well. I am thinking of getting the newer one to take advantage of the self pace feature and better mulching power.

My son ran over a tree stump a few years back, my fault for not digging it all the way out the same day, and the shaft is a little bent. Vibrates at idle but runs smooth at full power.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #268887
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Also I rebuilt a Honda mower last year and gave it to my nephew. The Honda self propelled is also a very nice mower. My neighbor gave me the mower and it had been sitting for 5 or 6 years. The gas had turned to a paste in the carb.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #268888
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Susan:
I have had my Toro Self propelled mower since the early 90's and it still works well. I am thinking of getting the newer one to take advantage of the self pace feature and better mulching power.

My son ran over a tree stump a few years back, my fault for not digging it all the way out the same day, and the shaft is a little bent. Vibrates at idle but runs smooth at full power.
Main reason don't want self propelled, I want to walk at MY speed... sometimes fast and sometimes slower. Not the same steady rate.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #268889
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Main reason don't want self propelled, I want to walk at MY speed... sometimes fast and sometimes slower. Not the same steady rate.
The Toro self pace does exactly that.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #268890
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
The Toro self pace does exactly that.
really.... hmmmmm How's it do that?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #268891
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
This is what the web site says.

Personal Pace Self Propel BOS

Toro’s innovative Personal Pace® self propel system automatically senses and adapts to your walking speed. Walk faster and the mower self propels faster to match your pace.

I would go and talk to a dealer. They are on sale through the 22nd of the month. I would also ask about a veteran discount, you might get lucky. I have seen my SIL do this. Play the widow on a fixed income card. It works for her. I have seen it in action.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #268892
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
really.... hmmmmm How's it do that?
See above

The Toro Personal Pace senses the pressure you put on the handle to begin pushing and turns the wheels in response. The handle the guy is holding on to moves similar to a trigger on a variable speed drill or gas pedal on a car. more pressure = more speed.

The Hondas have variable speed Smart Drive. It's a lever in the middle of the handle that acts just the same as above except you press it with your thumbs. More pressure = more speed.

Push them both on and off on the fly.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #268893
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Jelly much
Old 05-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #268894
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #268895
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
Not fake if I get paid for it
Lucky you
Old 05-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #268896
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
See above

The Toro Personal Pace senses the pressure you put on the handle to begin pushing and turns the wheels in response. The handle the guy is holding on to moves similar to a trigger on a variable speed drill or gas pedal on a car. more pressure = more speed.

The Hondas have variable speed Smart Drive. It's a lever in the middle of the handle that acts just the same as above except you press it with your thumbs. More pressure = more speed.

Push them both on and off on the fly.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #268898
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

if your fine with the weight go for it.

if you have the ability to tighten the cables and belts on a self propelled as they loosen go for self propelled - all the ones listed will go at your speed.

I personally wish I got a basic push mower.

I got my mom a Toro just like I have and I have to adjust hers just like mine. While I haven't had to replace any belts in over 8 or 9 years they will go one day and need to be replaced.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #268899
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
if your fine with the weight go for it.

if you have the ability to tighten the cables and belts on a self propelled as they loosen go for self propelled - all the ones listed will go at your speed.

I personally wish I got a basic push mower.

I got my mom a Toro just like I have and I have to adjust hers just like mine. While I haven't had to replace any belts in over 8 or 9 years they will go one day and need to be replaced.
Think I'll just go with a regular one... less pieces / parts to break.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #268900
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
only 4 work days left until my 4-6 week "vacation"

Products Discussed in this Thread