Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

JDMCQ's Garage

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 06:54 AM   #299341
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Morning Lisa.

Yep, word is they're in early this year.

You in the Tetons yet, or getting ready to head out?
morning.
have fun picking - I got to do that once and it wasn't a very good crop but damn those were tasty berries!

Not camping yet, had some things to take care of last night still. Just gotta get my butt moving and pack my cooler and I'll be good to go! Kinda glad I stayed home last night - super lightning storm came through. There was this long roll of thunder for like 10 seconds and then the rain started and the lightning. Just hope there was more rain than lightning overall - the last storm started like a dozen fires!

Having fun working on the ranger today - hope ya don't end up with any spare parts.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:05 AM   #299342
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
morning.
have fun picking - I got to do that once and it wasn't a very good crop but damn those were tasty berries!

Not camping yet, had some things to take care of last night still. Just gotta get my butt moving and pack my cooler and I'll be good to go! Kinda glad I stayed home last night - super lightning storm came through. There was this long roll of thunder for like 10 seconds and then the rain started and the lightning. Just hope there was more rain than lightning overall - the last storm started like a dozen fires!

Having fun working on the ranger today - hope ya don't end up with any spare parts.
I like taking the grand kids. My grand daughter had me laughing last year. Once I showed her she could eat the berries straight off the bush, her ratio was something like 1 berry in the bucket - 5 berries in her mouth.

IMHO thunderstorms in Montana are just so very cool to watch and listen to. I still remember our ferry/road trip from here to Iowa in June 2002. We sat in a rest area and watched the lightning and listened to the thunder for 30 or 45 mins. So impressive ... gave me a real understanding of what they mean by "Big Sky Country." Yeah, I hope no fires too.

Hope you find your mooses. Stay safe out there kid.

EDIT: I labelled all the different mounts bolts, etc in separate ziploc bags for exactly that reason...gotta keep the "sometimers" at bay some how. Take care and have fun.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:15 AM   #299343
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post

Do we need to start a poll on when XXXX will mail the parts to Brady??
I forget half the stuff I'm supposed to do in my personal life... I blame it on work If I was marrying type I'm sure I would of been divorced 3-4 times by now.

Quote:
Might have to see if Kristi wants to take the grand kids blueberry picking Sunday as a test run.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Woot! I love some berries

Quote:
Morning Lisa.

Yep, word is they're in early this year.

You in the Tetons yet, or getting ready to head out?
We were picking them 3 weeks ago and they were about a week early. You can drive the trails and pick them from the truck because they are so narrow this time of year. Every time we stopped at a beach when we were kayaking I was grabbing handfulls and eating them. Everyone else was looking at me like I was crazy and asking me if they were poisonous

Perfectly safe....just wild...not the genetically modified ones people are used to seeing at the grocery store
Old 08-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #299344
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like taking the grand kids. My grand daughter had me laughing last year. Once I showed her she could eat the berries straight off the bush, her ratio was something like 1 berry in the bucket - 5 berries in her mouth.

IMHO thunderstorms in Montana are just so very cool to watch and listen to. I still remember our ferry/road trip from here to Iowa in June 2002. We sat in a rest area and watched the lightning and listened to the thunder for 30 or 45 mins. So impressive ... gave me a real understanding of what they mean by "Big Sky Country." Yeah, I hope no fires too.

Hope you find your mooses. Stay safe out there kid.

EDIT: I labelled all the different mounts bolts, etc in separate ziploc bags for exactly that reason...gotta keep the "sometimers" at bay some how. Take care and have fun.
I had the same picking technique as your grand daughter

The storms here can be awesome depending on your vantage point. I know a few of the storms last summer were a little too close for comfort for me when you see the lightning flash the same time you hear the thunder crack you know you're close!

Thanks - I do try to be careful when I'm out. Its usually the other people I worry about though - some folks just have no common sense anymore
Old 08-16-2014, 07:26 AM   #299345
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I forget half the stuff I'm supposed to do in my personal life... I blame it on work If I was marrying type I'm sure I would of been divorced 3-4 times by now.

Woot! I love some berries

We were picking them 3 weeks ago and they were about a week early. You can drive the trails and pick them from the truck because they are so narrow this time of year. Every time we stopped at a beach when we were kayaking I was grabbing handfulls and eating them. Everyone else was looking at me like I was crazy and asking me if they were poisonous

Perfectly safe....just wild...not the genetically modified ones people are used to seeing at the grocery store
Some people learn their lesson much sooner.

One of the meets out here there were wild raspberries growing along the road and I snagged a few along the way....same reaction from otheres too "should you be doing that?!?!"

You working today Boydster?
Old 08-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #299346
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Some people learn their lesson much sooner.

One of the meets out here there were wild raspberries growing along the road and I snagged a few along the way....same reaction from otheres too "should you be doing that?!?!"

You working today Boydster?

Working on the Taco and lawn equipment. Just slept in, made a run to Walmart for oil, and drinking me coffee now. Once me coffees done Ill hit the backyard. Need to finish the DS rear leaf springs and shackle flip.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #299347
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #299348
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had the same picking technique as your grand daughter

The storms here can be awesome depending on your vantage point. I know a few of the storms last summer were a little too close for comfort for me when you see the lightning flash the same time you hear the thunder crack you know you're close!

Thanks - I do try to be careful when I'm out. Its usually the other people I worry about though - some folks just have no common sense anymore
Yeah, we were watching from some distance away ... I wouldn't have wanted to be under it.

OK ... that reminds me of a quick story. Last August we took Kristi's uncle and aunt hiking Russian Lakes trail to the viewing plaform. Came across a black bear sleeping about 40 feet up a tree just off the trail. I was standing on the trail keeping an eye on our surroundings while the other three took pictures from different vantage points around the tree. The black bear was pretty chill and not showing any signs of agression or coming down out of the tree at all. A guy, his wife, small daughter (about 5 yrs), and their dog come up the trail. When they get about 30 yards away, I hear his side arm clear it's holster (distinctive sound when you've worked around weapons in a close environment like I did in different assignments), he got my full attention until they passed and got on down the trail. The whole time I was thinking "what is this guy's problem, this is no where near a threatening situation that calls for drawing a weapon." I was more concerned about that guy getting nervous with a loaded gun in his hand than I was about the bear."
Human idiots out in the wild are much more dangerous than the wildlife.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #299349
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
Sup yo

Old 08-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #299351
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, that's them, yummie ... what makes the pics be so huge sometimes?
Old 08-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #299352
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, that's them, yummie ... what makes the pics be so huge sometimes?

Depends on where you grab them from.

I just grabbed that from google images. Looked for the species native to here, copied, clicked "insert image", pasted the image addy, and posted.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #299353
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Morning Ken.

I've always heard to keep your dogs close by hiking for that very reason, they'll bring bears back to you. First time I've read that exact thing in an actual attack. Pretty tough woman hiking the 1.5 miles back to her truck and driving herself to the hospital. Lucky the bear left her in good enough shape to make it out.

Lot of bear attacks this year. We've had two on base this Summer.

BTW, I bought those tires. Got 'em back from my tire guy yesterday all mounted up along with picking up my propshafts from the machine shop. After a morning nap, I'll be putting the Ranger back together this afternoon. Might have to see if Kristi wants to take the grand kids blueberry picking Sunday as a test run.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
for blueberries...Hope the ranger works out with the new tires. Enjoy the day with the family
Old 08-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #299354
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sup yo

Sup boydo. Mmmm blueberries
Quote:
Morning Boydo, Brandan.
Sup rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by johneman View Post
for blueberries...Hope the ranger works out with the new tires. Enjoy the day with the family
Ken
Old 08-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #299355
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Morning all...another beautiful day in southeast PA.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #299356
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Morning all...another beautiful day in southeast PA.

X2...here in South West NJ

54* when I woke up... 70* now. Good sleeping weather
Old 08-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #299357
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Fla blackberry
Old 08-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #299358
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Working on the Taco and lawn equipment. Just slept in, made a run to Walmart for oil, and drinking me coffee now. Once me coffees done Ill hit the backyard. Need to finish the DS rear leaf springs and shackle flip.
Have fun working on your lawn ornament. Surprised you took 2 weekends off in a row....slacker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post

Quote:
Yeah, we were watching from some distance away ... I wouldn't have wanted to be under it.

OK ... that reminds me of a quick story. Last August we took Kristi's uncle and aunt hiking Russian Lakes trail to the viewing plaform. Came across a black bear sleeping about 40 feet up a tree just off the trail. I was standing on the trail keeping an eye on our surroundings while the other three took pictures from different vantage points around the tree. The black bear was pretty chill and not showing any signs of agression or coming down out of the tree at all. A guy, his wife, small daughter (about 5 yrs), and their dog come up the trail. When they get about 30 yards away, I hear his side arm clear it's holster (distinctive sound when you've worked around weapons in a close environment like I did in different assignments), he got my full attention until they passed and got on down the trail. The whole time I was thinking "what is this guy's problem, this is no where near a threatening situation that calls for drawing a weapon." I was more concerned about that guy getting nervous with a loaded gun in his hand than I was about the bear."
Human idiots out in the wild are much more dangerous than the wildlife.
Yeah some people....I'm usually not too jumpy when I'm out. Keeping calm is the most impoartant thing. The only times that I've been truly scared is the night that the elk came into my camp (I was in bear country, thought it was a bear at first) and I was hiking a few years back in a really heavily wooded area and I heard a grunt/snort/growl from something. Never did see what it was but again I was in bear country so my senses were on high alert from that point on. Only time I've ever unholstered my bear spray too.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #299359
Life is good!!

Quote:
X2...here in South West NJ

54* when I woke up... 70* now. Good sleeping weather
76* here now and a sunny day. Waiting for the wife's cousins to show up then off to the pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Fla blackberry
Damn Jim, there goes my diet
Old 08-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #299360
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
76* here now and a sunny day. Waiting for the wife's cousins to show up then off to the pool

Damn Jim, there goes my diet
We make cobbler every year on the fire pit at the hunt camp to start off the season..

Products Discussed in this Thread