Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

JDMCQ's Garage

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #299361
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, that's them, yummie ... what makes the pics be so huge sometimes?
Old 08-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #299362
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Yep, that's them, yummie ... what makes the pics be so huge sometimes?

Depends on where you grab them from.

I just grabbed that from google images. Looked for the species native to here, copied, clicked "insert image", pasted the image addy, and posted.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #299363
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Morning Ken.

I've always heard to keep your dogs close by hiking for that very reason, they'll bring bears back to you. First time I've read that exact thing in an actual attack. Pretty tough woman hiking the 1.5 miles back to her truck and driving herself to the hospital. Lucky the bear left her in good enough shape to make it out.

Lot of bear attacks this year. We've had two on base this Summer.

BTW, I bought those tires. Got 'em back from my tire guy yesterday all mounted up along with picking up my propshafts from the machine shop. After a morning nap, I'll be putting the Ranger back together this afternoon. Might have to see if Kristi wants to take the grand kids blueberry picking Sunday as a test run.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
for blueberries...Hope the ranger works out with the new tires. Enjoy the day with the family
Old 08-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #299364
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Sup yo

Sup boydo. Mmmm blueberries
Quote:
Morning Boydo, Brandan.
Sup rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by johneman View Post
for blueberries...Hope the ranger works out with the new tires. Enjoy the day with the family
Ken
Old 08-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #299365
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Morning all...another beautiful day in southeast PA.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #299366
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Morning all...another beautiful day in southeast PA.

X2...here in South West NJ

54* when I woke up... 70* now. Good sleeping weather
Old 08-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #299367
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Fla blackberry
Old 08-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #299368
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Working on the Taco and lawn equipment. Just slept in, made a run to Walmart for oil, and drinking me coffee now. Once me coffees done Ill hit the backyard. Need to finish the DS rear leaf springs and shackle flip.
Have fun working on your lawn ornament. Surprised you took 2 weekends off in a row....slacker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post

Quote:
Yeah, we were watching from some distance away ... I wouldn't have wanted to be under it.

OK ... that reminds me of a quick story. Last August we took Kristi's uncle and aunt hiking Russian Lakes trail to the viewing plaform. Came across a black bear sleeping about 40 feet up a tree just off the trail. I was standing on the trail keeping an eye on our surroundings while the other three took pictures from different vantage points around the tree. The black bear was pretty chill and not showing any signs of agression or coming down out of the tree at all. A guy, his wife, small daughter (about 5 yrs), and their dog come up the trail. When they get about 30 yards away, I hear his side arm clear it's holster (distinctive sound when you've worked around weapons in a close environment like I did in different assignments), he got my full attention until they passed and got on down the trail. The whole time I was thinking "what is this guy's problem, this is no where near a threatening situation that calls for drawing a weapon." I was more concerned about that guy getting nervous with a loaded gun in his hand than I was about the bear."
Human idiots out in the wild are much more dangerous than the wildlife.
Yeah some people....I'm usually not too jumpy when I'm out. Keeping calm is the most impoartant thing. The only times that I've been truly scared is the night that the elk came into my camp (I was in bear country, thought it was a bear at first) and I was hiking a few years back in a really heavily wooded area and I heard a grunt/snort/growl from something. Never did see what it was but again I was in bear country so my senses were on high alert from that point on. Only time I've ever unholstered my bear spray too.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #299369
Life is good!!

Quote:
X2...here in South West NJ

54* when I woke up... 70* now. Good sleeping weather
76* here now and a sunny day. Waiting for the wife's cousins to show up then off to the pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Fla blackberry
Damn Jim, there goes my diet
Old 08-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #299370
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
76* here now and a sunny day. Waiting for the wife's cousins to show up then off to the pool

Damn Jim, there goes my diet
We make cobbler every year on the fire pit at the hunt camp to start off the season..
Old 08-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #299371
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Morning Ken.

I've always heard to keep your dogs close by hiking for that very reason, they'll bring bears back to you. First time I've read that exact thing in an actual attack. Pretty tough woman hiking the 1.5 miles back to her truck and driving herself to the hospital. Lucky the bear left her in good enough shape to make it out.

Lot of bear attacks this year. We've had two on base this Summer.

BTW, I bought those tires. Got 'em back from my tire guy yesterday all mounted up along with picking up my propshafts from the machine shop. After a morning nap, I'll be putting the Ranger back together this afternoon. Might have to see if Kristi wants to take the grand kids blueberry picking Sunday as a test run.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
Someone say blueberries

I didn't get any berries from my bush... they all disappeared when I went to AZ

Quote:
I forget half the stuff I'm supposed to do in my personal life... I blame it on work If I was marrying type I'm sure I would of been divorced 3-4 times by now.

We were picking them 3 weeks ago and they were about a week early. You can drive the trails and pick them from the truck because they are so narrow this time of year. Every time we stopped at a beach when we were kayaking I was grabbing handfulls and eating them. Everyone else was looking at me like I was crazy and asking me if they were poisonous

Perfectly safe....just wild...not the genetically modified ones people are used to seeing at the grocery store

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, we were watching from some distance away ... I wouldn't have wanted to be under it.

OK ... that reminds me of a quick story. Last August we took Kristi's uncle and aunt hiking Russian Lakes trail to the viewing plaform. Came across a black bear sleeping about 40 feet up a tree just off the trail. I was standing on the trail keeping an eye on our surroundings while the other three took pictures from different vantage points around the tree. The black bear was pretty chill and not showing any signs of agression or coming down out of the tree at all. A guy, his wife, small daughter (about 5 yrs), and their dog come up the trail. When they get about 30 yards away, I hear his side arm clear it's holster (distinctive sound when you've worked around weapons in a close environment like I did in different assignments), he got my full attention until they passed and got on down the trail. The whole time I was thinking "what is this guy's problem, this is no where near a threatening situation that calls for drawing a weapon." I was more concerned about that guy getting nervous with a loaded gun in his hand than I was about the bear."
Human idiots out in the wild are much more dangerous than the wildlife.
how true that is

Quote:
Sup yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Fla blackberry
Old 08-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #299372
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #299373
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Old 08-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #299374
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Old 08-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #299375

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Just my boss again. Friday at 4:20 (10 mins before we left the job site) I called him to confirm plans for Monday (earlier in the day he texted everyone was going to be at our northern job site). He told me yes, everyone would be there so I left all my tools I took with me there from our other job site (~1 hr away). Saturday at 6:30 pm he messages everyone on a group text that we are splitting up the crews for Monday, I'm going to the south site, him and the other guys are going to the north site. Right away my labourer texts me saying he left his tool belt at the other job because I told him we would be back there on Monday.
I messaged the boss saying I wish he had made up his mind Friday when I called him rather then changing the plans again Saturday evening. Told him I left all my tools there because he told me I would be back and that I have nothing but an empty trailer at the other site.

So Sunday morning at 12:11 am he sends a group text again saying everyone would be back up at the north site

I want to effing quit, I'm tired of this bouncing around shit
Old 08-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #299376
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Just my boss again. Friday at 4:20 (10 mins before we left the job site) I called him to confirm plans for Monday (earlier in the day he texted everyone was going to be at our northern job site). He told me yes, everyone would be there so I left all my tools I took with me there from our other job site (~1 hr away). Saturday at 6:30 pm he messages everyone on a group text that we are splitting up the crews for Monday, I'm going to the south site, him and the other guys are going to the north site. Right away my labourer texts me saying he left his tool belt at the other job because I told him we would be back there on Monday.
I messaged the boss saying I wish he had made up his mind Friday when I called him rather then changing the plans again Saturday evening. Told him I left all my tools there because he told me I would be back and that I have nothing but an empty trailer at the other site.

So Sunday morning at 12:11 am he sends a group text again saying everyone would be back up at the north site

I want to effing quit, I'm tired of this bouncing around shit
what a db!!! Can't he make up his freaking mind? Sorry... hope you get the interview with the other guy and it's a good fit for both of you... Could you survive until you find another job if you quit?
Old 08-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #299377

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what a db!!! Can't he make up his freaking mind? Sorry... hope you get the interview with the other guy and it's a good fit for both of you... Could you survive until you find another job if you quit?
This is the same thing every friggin day. I get a text or email late at night changing the plans for the next day.

I could survive right now if I quit, but I'm trying to line up something first so I know I will be good
Old 08-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #299378
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
This is the same thing every friggin day. I get a text or email late at night changing the plans for the next day.

I could survive right now if I quit, but I'm trying to line up something first so I know I will be good
How does he expect you to get anything done if he keeps changing his mind? I could say, have a liquid lunch to get you through the afternoon...

Good call on getting something else lined up... You know I wish you good luck in getting something sooner rather than later...
Old 08-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #299379

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How does he expect you to get anything done if he keeps changing his mind? I could say, have a liquid lunch to get you through the afternoon...

Good call on getting something else lined up... You know I wish you good luck in getting something sooner rather than later...
Lol! Liquid lunch sounds like a great idea lol

Thanks Susan, I'm sure something better will come along, just need to be a bit patient and not rush into anything

Products Discussed in this Thread