Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Here's something you don't see everyday!

Old 07-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
Team Wonderbread
Tugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jim
Tugboatdude's Tacoma Gallery
Here's something you don't see everyday!

Here is something you don't see everyday (well, I do, it's my job) This was taken from a helicopter looking down on a barge loaded with cranes outbound the Long Beach Channel. I'm on one of the tugs! Can you say tight squeeze....

Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet pic and sweet job!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...thats frickin awesome!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i didnt know tugboats could type? lol

thats a pretty cool job ya got there.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #8
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
wow that is pretty amazing!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Nice photos- I can't wait to be in a helo in position to take shots like that!!

Another close call:
Took this ship:
Under this bridge:

With approx 2.9 feet to spare at low tide. It was planned for two days before we got there, including "stepping the masts" lowering them down to allow us under that bridge at all, and haning observers all over the place.

I think the CAPTs ass may have eaten whatever underwear he had on that day.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
Team Wonderbread
Tugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post

Another close call:
Took this ship:
Under this bridge:

With approx 2.9 feet to spare at low tide. It was planned for two days before we got there, including "stepping the masts" lowering them down to allow us under that bridge at all, and haning observers all over the place.

Nice! I've been on that ship. How'd you like the Coast Guard Academy?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboatdude View Post
Nice! I've been on that ship. How'd you like the Coast Guard Academy?
It's a good place to have graduated...

It wasn't that bad. Not a typical college experience, but I enjoyed most of it. My job now is awesome...and that is due directly to graduating the Academy.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
thats pretty cool stuuf you guys do!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #13
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Lcdr, retired
Name: Jonathan
Delrivpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Very nice, finally, a nautical theme thread!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #14
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
[attach]Here's something you don't see everyday!-img_0091.jpg[/attach]
Attached Thumbnails
Here's something you don't see everyday!-img_0090.jpg  
Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #15
Red Sox Nation

better picture
Old 07-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #16
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
these pix r neat!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
Team Wonderbread

Quote:
It's a good place to have graduated...

It wasn't that bad. Not a typical college experience, but I enjoyed most of it. My job now is awesome...and that is due directly to graduating the Academy.
I hear ya, I went to the Maritime Academy. Feel the same way. It was pretty cool, got to see some amazing things, and I totally dig what I do now.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:54 AM   #18
Red Sox Nation
Which one Tug? CMA? Mass Maritime here. No question a small community and specialized school.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 AM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Cool stuff guys. Rode tugboats pushin gasoline barges back in the 80s up & down the Mississippi & all the tributaries off it for Ole Man River Towing out of Vicksburg,MS. Really enjoyed it, great times. Been lots of places by water that I've never been to by land. Love me some nautical stuff.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #20
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Another close call:
Took this ship:
Under this bridge:

Damn never thought i would see people who went to a maritime academy or the coast guard academy on a taco forum. I actually got to spend time on the eagle goin from brunswick georgia to norfolk, an amazing ship and an amazing opportunity.

I was gonna go to CMA but legal things came up and it doesn't seem like much of an option now, maybe i could transfer some day when its all cleared up