Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Don't want to donate to Tacoholics cause? How about this one?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Don't want to donate to Tacoholics cause? How about this one?

So, a close friend of mine has a son who recently turned 3. At 2 he was diagnosed with Leukemia and has had the most hellish treatment regiment you could ask of a toddler let alone an adult. His name is Colin and his family had a scare recently when the doctors in Anchorage thought he had relapsed. Fortunately he has not and is well on the way to recovery. Now with the donations... My wife has volunteered to participate in a 100 mile bike ride in September to help raise money for research. The cause is Team In Training and they are raising money for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Hodgkins Lymphoma research. Her goal is $2500 and she is currently at $1451. So rather than spend money on some persons truck mods how about those that can donate to the cause. The link to my wife's page for Team In Training My friends page about his son on Caring Bridge.

For those that choose to donate Thank you so very much.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Much better cause!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
subscribing to hit up in the morn.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Much better cause!
Thanks, it would help if people donate but I'm not asking for a lot. Just remember none of the money goes to me or my wife or my friends family. All money donated goes to scientific research.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Thanks, it would help if people donate but I'm not asking for a lot. Just remember none of the money goes to me or my wife or my friends family. All money donated goes to scientific research.
Do we get a say in the research?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Do we get a say in the research?
No the money goes to Leukemia, Lymphoma and Hodgkin's Lymphoma research
Old 08-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #7

Quote:
No the money goes to Leukemia, Lymphoma and Hodgkin's Lymphoma research
Good enough! I'll be making a donation this week. Do we donate per mile? Or a flat amount?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #8
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
It appears to be a flat amount.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
It appears to be a flat amount.
Ah..I have done things like this in the past, and it was a per mile thing.....
Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #10
The TW 1%
Flat amount. She will do 100 miles regardless of how much you donate. I will hopefully be providing support for gear and food if necessary during the ride if not I will be there cheering her on.

If it matters, within the last two years two people very close to me have been diagnosed with leukemia. One being a 38 year old that I worked for, the other being my close friend's son. As a father I could not imagine what my friend has emotionally gone through the last year let alone I could never imagine what his 2/3 year old has/had to go through.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Flat amount. She will do 100 miles regardless of how much you donate. I will hopefully be providing support for gear and food if necessary during the ride if not I will be there cheering her on.

If it matters, within the last two years two people very close to me have been diagnosed with leukemia. One being a 38 year old that I worked for, the other being my close friend's son. As a father I could not imagine what my friend has emotionally gone through the last year let alone I could never imagine what his 2/3 year old has/had to go through.
I am forwarding a link to this post to some people I know would want to contribute.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #12

Marines:
Quote:

I lost a family member to it also. Plus, how can we forget Michele. R.I.P.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
plus, how can we forget michele. R.i.p.

x2.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #14
The TW 1%
Thanks Chris, I am humbled.

And a huge thanks to those who take a gander or subscribe to the thread.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #16
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Can we get a PayPal?
You don't need paypal to donate to this cause. Paypal charges a fee for transactions.

Go to http://pages.teamintraining.org/wa/chuck09/mboonefavc

Where it says "Other $ " Enter an ammount and click on the Donate now button. You will be taken to an area where you can enter you rinformation and your credit card info and a message if you choose to.

To my knowledge there is no fee associated with donations. If someone finds a fee associated with a donation please let me know via pm.

Thanks again.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #18

Marines:
Just donated bump.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #19
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed.......and donating shortly.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #20
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Donated in memory of my friend Michele.

Thanks for your support of this KC, and thank you Mary for all your work too.