Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

1000 pound boulder. How much would it cost?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
1000 pound boulder. How much would it cost?

Maybe someone with landscaping experience would have a good guess? Im looking to get a large boulder to put in the yard to add some character. Just want to get a guess on what this could possibly cost, and where one might go about getting such a boulder.

A 1000 pound boulder would be roughly the size of a big cooler, from my home brewed calculations.

We are not talking about delivery charges here, just the cost of the boulder assuming it is some kind of generic rock. Nothing fancy.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
go for a drive and bring a shovel... cost.. gas money
Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Come to my house and start digging, you will find them anywhere from a few pounds to as big as your truck.

No charge, you can have as many as you want
Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
see thats the only problem, how to get a 1000 pound rock into the truck. i could lift a 900 pound rock with my bare hands, but for 1000 pounds id probably need a forklift or something.

i dont know any farmers or anyone with huge rocks laying around their property. maybe ill put an ad on craigslist. "Free boulder removal. must have forklift to qualify"
Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
go to a landscaping company... they deliver

no muss, no fuss and no broken truck or back from trying to move it.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
When you are purchasing a boulder, you will typically be buying by volume, not by weight. The price is going to very drastically by what type of stone. Granite and limestone will be much more expensive than sandstone. Local stones will be less expensive than some thing from Italy.

Something in that size range, you are probably looking at $350-1000. That would be my estimation (I am a construction estimator). Really wide range, I know. It just depends on the stone you pick.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
Rangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant future

Army: 75th Ranger Regiment
Rangerpeterson's Tacoma Gallery
For that amount go rent a Bob-cat.... find your own (get creative) and you'll have one hell of a story... (and a rock)!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:55 AM   #9
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Since nobody really answered your question... I did a quick Google search.

This might give you a ballpark idea....
http://www.thehouseofrocks.com/decorative.htm
Funny that place is about 4 miles from my house.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:42 AM   #10
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Janster;849475]Since nobody really answered your question... I did a quick Google search.

This might give you a ballpark idea....
http://www.thehouseofrocks.com/decorative.htm[/quote]
Me too. It's a stones throw away from where I'm sitting this minute.

Find ya a rock. Then borrow a tractor and load it on a trailer. Or call a landscaper. They typically have bobcats and dumptrucks. Or rent you a truck from Home Depot or someplace similar with a flatbed.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
rent a trailer that will be able to carry that much weight. maybe Uhual.

thats about as useful as i can be for this topic.