Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Who else is far from home on this fiine Sat. Night?

Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Gonzoso is on a distinguished road

Name: Keith
Gonzoso's Tacoma Gallery
Who else is far from home on this fiine Sat. Night?

I am 450 miles from my home right now. I have been here since June 8th. I leave August 24th. It is wicked hot tonight and the no-see-ums are coming through my screen and biting me.

But life is good, I'm listening to some Johnny Cash and nursing a Jack and coke.

I was rained on every day from June through mid July. And the skeeters don't quit. I am on my third can off deet.

And I know I have it good compared to some folks. So where are you all and what are you doing on this fine evening? And what do you miss most?

I miss my motorcycle and my guns the most. I am gonna ride for 6 hours or more until my butt wants to fall off when I get home. And I am stopping at a range to blast off a few hundred rounds of .45.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you at?
Old 08-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #3

Gonzoso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Where are you at?
I am in the White Mountains in New Hampshire. I am originally from the Pocono Mountains in PA.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sweet.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I am approximately 5 feet from the center of my house. But soon may be a little bit further away. I was about 7,500 miles away though last week
Old 08-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #6

I've been all over the place this summer.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I was 16,776 km away from home a couple summers ago.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #9

Gonzoso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderbrat View Post
2208 miles (3553 km) (1919 nautical miles)
getting closer home on the 21st
So do you have camel spiders or crazy mountains to deal with? I am a bitch as I am in a peace zone even acting as a LEO.

I am counting down the days until I leave. Good luck and stay safe.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoso View Post
So do you have camel spiders or crazy mountains to deal with? I am a bitch as I am in a peace zone even acting as a LEO.

I am counting down the days until I leave. Good luck and stay safe.
lol I was in the gulf of Aden on a boat bout a day and a half out of pearl harbour now.
Was in a lot of ports on the gulf never saw a camel spider
Old 08-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoso View Post
I am 450 miles from my home right now. I have been here since June 8th. I leave August 24th. It is wicked hot tonight and the no-see-ums are coming through my screen and biting me.

But life is good, I'm listening to some Johnny Cash and nursing a Jack and coke.

I was rained on every day from June through mid July. And the skeeters don't quit. I am on my third can off deet.

And I know I have it good compared to some folks. So where are you all and what are you doing on this fine evening? And what do you miss most?

I miss my motorcycle and my guns the most. I am gonna ride for 6 hours or more until my butt wants to fall off when I get home. And I am stopping at a range to blast off a few hundred rounds of .45.
listening to some johnny cash and having a jack and coke....nothing better than that man!