Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Funny Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #82103
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #82104
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post

So it is a Taco with an old school atv in the back..... a really old school atv
Old 08-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #82105
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTacoDriver View Post
So it is a Taco with an old school atv in the back..... a really old school atv
no...if it was an atv it would be an All Terrain Velociraptor.

that is just the standard ATT
Old 08-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #82106
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #82107
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 08-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #82108
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
Found it:
http://www.ajeepear.com/foros/index.php?showtopic=30621 (just need to translate it )
On the 24th of October 2009, responding to an invitation from a couple of friends from Celaya, the Jeepsters from Salvatierra directed ourselves to that city (Salvatierra) at 9 in the morning. The meet-up point was the gas station located at the exit to San miguel Allende where we began to arrive together with other friends from Queretaro. Once all of the invited arrived, the caravan began our trip towards Comonfort GTO. But before arriving there we took a detour to the community of Neutla.

It is worth mentioning that the person who invited us (Lobo Loco) on this trip/route climbed into my car together with my daughters so we could lead the trip/route. Once we arrived at this town, we traversed it and we arrived at what appeared as some sort of glen/wash in which in the center could be seen small puddles of stagnant water. We proceeded and a short distance later a chipi chipi (light rain) began to fall which did not implicate any major problem. It remained that way until we arrived to a spot approximately 500 meters of where we began the trail, where there were some rocks we'd have to cross over. At that moment, Lobo Loco got down from the car to spot & guide us through that section. Once I passed this section, he asked me to proceed a little further to leave enough room for the other jeeps that were following behind. I proceeded about 50 meters and it began to rain stronger. At that moment, I was alone with my daughters and we noticed that from the tall sides of the wash, curtain like flows of unstoppable water was falling. At that moment, I commented to my daughters that this was getting very ugly and that we would need to go back. Once I was able to turn around, I tried to advance as fast as I could but the water behind us began to make the jeep float and my engine shut off losing complete control of the vehicle. After the water took us to where the other 2 jeeps had gotten stuck on the rocks, it turned my jeep 90 degrees until I was completely perpendicular in the wash.

I yelled at my daughters that we had to abandon the jeep, but at the moment the water that was already stronger and kept getting higher, flipped the jeep until it left it on it's left side. I got one of my daughters out and then the other from the passenger side window and I told them to jump to the other jeep that was nearby. Once all three of us were on the jeep's hood, we were safe for the moment. The other friends had the opportunity of getting out with their cars and were safe. But the problem was that we were on the other side of the wash. A few moments later, a young man who lived all his life near the Rio Lerma and was accustomed to these type of currents, got a rope from one of the cars that was able to get to safety and wrapped it from his neck to his back. He ran upstream and jumped into the water to swim across so he could go up the other side of the wash at the only place possible. Once he was on the other side, he tied one end of the rope to his body and tossed the other end to me. Since the rope wasn't long enough to secure my daughters, I decided to tie the rope around her body and I hugged her and we both jumped into the water with what little we could of the rope. Once my youngest daughter was safe, I went back for my eldest daughter but unfortunately the rope was even shorter making the rescue even more difficult. We tried doing the same thing but the current was even stronger and there was a moment when my daughter could no longer resist and she slid, only holding onto me with one hand and my other hand on the rope. We were so tired that at this moment, she looked at me and said "Dad, I love you very much", and all I said to her was "Don't let go daughter, we're going to get out of here". At that moment, my daughter Maria jose laid on the floor to hold onto Richard who was reaching out to try and grab Lucero (eldest daughter). After struggling a while, Richard yelled out "I have you Lucero!". Securing her by the collar of her clothes. He began to pull her and I pushing her up the tall walls of the wash. Once I saw that both my daughters were safe, I remained hanging from the rope for a good while thinking about what had just happened and at the same time resting a little bit due to the tiring ordeal I had injured my left foot which I had previously injured due to a motorcycle accident.

After a while, Richard helped me get out of the wash so all 3 of us were safe. Until that moment, I could appreciate the magnitude of the events that had just taken place. When my jeep was wheels up in the air and I couldn't even see the differential. Also at that moment, I noticed my daughters were completely covered in mud from head to toes and bare foot. I attempted to take my shoes off so they could wear them but they rejected the offer. From there i looked over to our friends that were on the other side of the wash and in their faces you could see the total anguish because of all that had happened and their complete inability to help.

At that moment, I realized our angel Salvador had disappeared, he had gone back to Neutla to ask for help and he came back with a suv/truck that took us back to town. Once there, we got off and we began to wash their hair, face and their entire body with the water that ran through the gutters of the houses.

After we were done, I directed myself to a small store and I asked the owner where I could buy shoes for my daughters. She responded, astonished "What happened to them?", I explained what had happened while my daughters picked out some tennis shoes. At the moment, the owner came out with some mugs filled with Coffee and some bread that at that moment tasted glorious. A moment before then, a neighbor had walked into the store that ran out to her house and came back with a lot of clothes so they could change into, and the store owner led them into her bathroom to change. At that moment, Richard came back with the Civil Protection agents and these ladies gathered lots of clothes and a large kettle with coffee to share with our friends that were still trapped at the same location. Once possible, we distributed the coffee and the retrieval of the vehicles so we could place them in a lot and come back the following day with a tow truck to transport them back home.

It is worth mentioning that all of this that I recount to you happened in less than 5 minutes. From the moment the wash was empty until the moment it almost completely covered the jeep.

I want to make a comment about the controversy that I've read in this very web page a short time ago regarding the "escape alto" (I believe he means a snorkel. But when googling it, all that comes up are exhaust pipes), some said that they are only to "show off", others said that they are only for "darse quemadas" (Not sure what he means here). But I assure you that if in some moment my jeep would have had the "escape alto", it wouldn't have shut off and possibly I would have had the chance to get out and not have gone through all of this. I also want to say that I used to say "That will never happen to me" but "It happened to me". So next time that you are invited on a trail in a wash, as small as it may look, above all during the rainy season, think about it. You don't want it to be your names instead of Lucero, Maria Jose and Jose Tapia.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #82109
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
I was just thinking this, fans bitch about every character casting. I mean, when they cast a woman as Starbuck in BSG she got death threats. Fans need to chill out.
I'm not a huge fan of Affleck, but I (personally) hate Bale as Batman. He talks like he just got back from the dentist and there is still cotton in his mouth, while he strains to make a "dark" sounding voice. I know a lot of people like Bale, but it was time for him to go.

Michael Keaton FTW!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #82110
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't a fan of the way he can't turn his head
Old 08-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #82111

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Affleck, but I (personally) hate Bale as Batman. He talks like he just got back from the dentist and there is still cotton in his mouth, while he strains to make a "dark" sounding voice. I know a lot of people like Bale, but it was time for him to go.
Yeah I don't really like his "batman voice"...
Old 08-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #82112

Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #82113

Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #82114

Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #82115

Old 08-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #82116

Old 08-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #82117
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
I wasn't a fan of the way he can't turn his head
He is very stiff with everything in the Dark Knight series. I guess that makes it no surprise he is a dick on set. That is the same deal with his talking, he tries to not show his teeth at all.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #82118
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I was actually talking about Michael Keaton lol. His suit is a one piece headpiece
Old 08-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #82119
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
I was actually talking about Michael Keaton lol. His suit is a one piece headpiece
Ah... well he was still better, head turning or not.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #82120
Yea, MK was a good Batman. I think CB brought on more of the Dark Knight though. Definitely a difference

Products Discussed in this Thread