1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota to recall 3.8million vehicles (Tacoma too)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Packman73, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Feb 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Two different recalls.

2. Feb 3, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    That's ITRC (If Toyota Recalls Correctly) :)

3. Feb 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM
    Raven65

Raven65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Camden, SC
    Vehicle:
    '09 Magnetic Gray Reg Cab 5-Lug
    Curt hitch, D-rings, bed mat
    The first recall was the stupid floormat issue - where the fix is for them to chop off the bottom of your accelerator pedal. The Tacoma IS affected by that recall (however, they will NOT be doing that to the pedal in MY truck... I know how to install a floormat properly, thanks).

The second recall is for the defective pedal itself - where the fix is to install some kind of metal shim behind the pedal assembly. The Tacoma is NOT affected by that recall (yet). My wife's '07 Camry IS though... and I'm not convinced that their "fix" will solve the problem. They say this issue is wear-related. Well, our car has over 60K miles on it, so that premature wear has probably occurred. I want a NEW pedal assembly.

4. Feb 4, 2010 at 2:45 AM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    I'm putting my $ on some kind of computer related fault. The accelerator does not have a cable like in prehistoric times, it's an electrical connection called drive by wire. Electronics can get F'd up intermittently. Intermittent problems are a bitch to find cause if it ain't broke how do you fix it and when it is broke you accelerate to 100 mph. Some fun.

5. Feb 4, 2010 at 4:15 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    To me.... seems like they're utterly confused about what's really going on and they're applying some fixes just to show the consumers they're trying to do something about it.

First - it's the floor mats. Then - it was adjust/cut the pedal. Now - it's a pedal design but tacomas aren't included. Just seems kinda strange but I can't blame them.... They're trying to troubleshoot a problem and the communication & feedback about this problem probably varies greatly from person to person. Until they can actually replicate the problem over and over again...do they truely have the answers.

And now, their Prius hybrid has a recall (I believe) on the ABS system.

Overall - I hope all these issues gets toyota BACK on the quality trail. Afterall, their quality has slipped over the years. I hope these issues makes them realize this.

6. Feb 4, 2010 at 4:31 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    They had no problems when they were manufactured in Japan & the parts were all Japanese & not some US or Mexican or Canadian supplied parts. Seems like the short cut on saving money/time shipping them overseas to market by building them in the market is catching up & biting them on the ass. Same shit different smell - build them here and have same problems that big 3 have been having all along. Paints an eye opening picture doesn't it?

7. Feb 4, 2010 at 4:43 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    It's not the drive by wire system.

8. Feb 4, 2010 at 4:45 AM
    MurphyZ

MurphyZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
    i was just at yokem toyota in shreveport la and they said that it is not the case. the tacoma is not in it.

Products Discussed in

To Top