Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

need a new GPS

Old 10-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
need a new GPS

had the window down at work and someone reached into the armrest and I suddenly no longer had a GPS.

Im partial to garmin. They have like 3403236 nuvi ones out. Any recommendations? whats the difference between the 100 dollar ones and 400 dollar ones?
Old 10-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
definitely stay with garmin.........and try to get one with updated maps and such. the difference in price is features basically. we have a garmin nuvi 260w....and we love it.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
not sure what all features they have since their website sucks hard core. how is the blue tooth? I miss that on my last car.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a Nuvi 265WT (free traffic - sometimes good - sometimes bad traffic reports)
I paid about $150 refurbished with 1 yr warranty
I've loaded it up with 24k Topo West (of the areas I go) - I like it alot but they do say that there is better for under trees (I also keep a handheld garmin trex in the truck).
Old 10-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
not sure what all features they have since their website sucks hard core. how is the blue tooth? I miss that on my last car.
honestly not sure of the bluetooth, as i have never used it.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
I bought a Nuvi 265WT (free traffic - sometimes good - sometimes bad traffic reports)
I paid about $150 refurbished with 1 yr warranty
I've loaded it up with 24k Topo West (of the areas I go) - I like it alot but they do say that there is better for under trees (I also keep a handheld garmin trex in the truck).
Concur with the 265WT- It was a present from my folks- but I think is was still only in the 250-300 range. The blue tooth works great, the POIs, maps (preloaded and the ones I added), and user interface/menu nav are all really great IMO. The traffic stuff is handy- Haven't used it much- but it's good to get it now and again.