Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

M&M's vs. Smarties....the REAL story....

Old 10-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
M&M's vs. Smarties....the REAL story....

Ok...So, Often we have the 'ol debate, What candy is better? M&M's or Smarties?? Its a tough debate, with individual tastes conflicting, and skewing any results. It useually tunrs into a big argument, with name calling, and all sorts of hatred. WELL! I have tested the 2 head to head. Here are the results.....

Packaging, Options, and features.

Clearly, from the pics below, you can see the 2 are packaged totally different. The Smarties have the advantage here, as they come in a box. Much better built for the off roading crowd. The box seems very well made, if not a little over built. The M&M's come in a heat sealed "Bag". Both did very well, however, in my drop test. No candies received any damage when subjected to a 4 foot drop onto concrete. I must say, the M&M's are packaged in a more pleasing to the eye package. ALso, I was able to tear into the bag of M&M's very quickly. Good for if you need them RIGHT NOW, where as the Smarties actually took a little bit of work to get into. If you are high, and need a quick sugar fix, the M&M's are the better choice, as they can be opened with blury vision. (Note....the test was performed with me wired on coffee to simulate a high stress, need sugar high, as I dont do, or endorse the use of drugs, but Im trying to apeal to everyone).

One major concern I have with the Smarties, is that there is a game on the back of the box. This is not a good thing, as if you are driving, while playing this (IMHO fucking stupid game), you could crash, and injure people or property.

Now...As you can see, the Smarties are a little bit larger than the M&M's in diameter. Good deal, Eh? NO! As they are also thinner than the M&M's. I threw them on my bathroom scale to see if there was a difference in weight, and they both came in at 00.0 lbs.

NOW. Down to brass tacks!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
I think we have a copyright infridgement problem on our hands here. These are the smarties I know. I have never heard of chocolate smarties. I would have to give the edge to the M & M though...especially the peanut ones. nom, nom, nom...

Old 10-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
I have never heard of chocolate smarties.
Maybe the chocolate has something to do with the metric conversion?

I got a variety pack of Smarties that included tropical, Extreme sour, and bubble gum smarties in addition to the good old fashioned AMERICAN type.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
You have entirely too much time on your hands.

But, as always, an excellent writeup!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
I think we have a copyright infridgement problem on our hands here. These are the smarties I know. I have never heard of chocolate smarties. I would have to give the edge to the M & M though...especially the peanut ones. nom, nom, nom...

Ah yes, He has tested the wrong "smartie"

Once again gross government spending on useless research at it's best.

Marc M
Old 10-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thats some funny shit right there!!! Seriously Chris...your my hero
Old 10-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
lol you didnt pick a winner@!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #11
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
lol you didnt pick a winner@!
Yes. In the last vid I make it clear the M&M's won. Soorry.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #12
bawilson21 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Veteran
Name: Bryan
bawilson21's Tacoma Gallery
LoL Thats awesome! I wonder what candy holds up better in the heat though, as that holds alot of weight for me, expecially in Arizona. Also, How long can you hold a handful of smarties/M&Ms before they start to melt in your hand?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #13
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nad's Tacoma Gallery
oo i dont have sounds cause im at work i get it now. yeah i agree tho smarties are flat and small, peanut m&m's ftw
Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawilson21 View Post
LoL Thats awesome! I wonder what candy holds up better in the heat though, as that holds alot of weight for me, expecially in Arizona. Also, How long can you hold a handful of smarties/M&Ms before they start to melt in your hand?
GOOD IDEA!!!

I'll work on this test right now.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
you should do a melt in your hand test

hold a handful of one of each color in each hand for a certain amount of time, then post pics
Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #16
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
wow talk about same idea at the same time
Old 10-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #17
XC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
XC4ME's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome write up Chris!

M&M FTW!

lol this place is great!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #18
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
Smarties are awesomer.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #19
bawilson21 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Veteran
Name: Bryan
bawilson21's Tacoma Gallery
Im anxiously awaiting the results! Im all goose bumpy now!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #20
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Very detailed and precise experimentation...thanks for sharing! So, in your professional opinion, which one is the better choice? I noticed you used the word "eh" during your presentation. Is this phenomenon caused by the smarties comeing from over the boarder? Yes, the age old conflict of which candy is better has been discussed here, but by no means is this over. I sometimes think it all comes down to which one makes the less mess...something you need to keep in mind if your offended by people asking..."what's that brown stuff on your finger?"