1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Criminal Records -- Free?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by bawilson21, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    bawilson21

bawilson21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    WA
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 V6 4x4 5-speed
    Rear Diff Breather Extension Deck Plate Mod 31" Destination A/T 3" Body Lift Rancho 5000 Shocks Grey Wire 7Pin Tow harness
    I was wondering if looking at criminal records was free. Theres alot of sites online that would love to charge you money, but I thought all public records were free of charge to review. Mainly what Im after is court proceedings. I'm looking for new roommates, but I also curious about certain family members. Im looking for stuff in Washington state. Any ideas?

2. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    You can go down to your local court house and get the records for free there. There are some other online places that give it out for free, but they are not very accurate.

3. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    bawilson21

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    WA
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 V6 4x4 5-speed
    Rear Diff Breather Extension Deck Plate Mod 31" Destination A/T 3" Body Lift Rancho 5000 Shocks Grey Wire 7Pin Tow harness
    Darn it! Im in Arizona as you know. lol Oh well. I was just curios. I dont like the idea of paying for free stuff. Like my credit score.. that one really pisses me off. Sure, I can get it free once a year (theoretically.. I havent been able to get mine) but I think thats something we should have access to all year round for free.

Small things that urk me!

4. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    Slygrin

Slygrin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Moses Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access cab V6 SR5 Timberland Mica
    De-badged, Foglights on anytime, Tailgate hose clamps, GPS semi-permanent mount, WeatherTech mats, Front mounted hitch, Blacked out front emblem, Color matched grille, Running boards, Bed mat, UWS low profile toolbox, Scanguage II, Prestige Alarm w/remote start, Snowsport snow plow
  5. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    bawilson21

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    WA
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 V6 4x4 5-speed
    Woot! Another Washington Member!

Checked there, All I can get is Case numbers. I guess Ill probably have to wait till I go home next to do it. I made the mistake of searching a family member and asking about it... Now im Hella curious about it.

My advice to all is to let the skeletons in the closet be.

6. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:46 PM
    Slygrin

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Moses Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    De-badged, Foglights on anytime, Tailgate hose clamps, GPS semi-permanent mount, WeatherTech mats, Front mounted hitch, Blacked out front emblem, Color matched grille, Running boards, Bed mat, UWS low profile toolbox, Scanguage II, Prestige Alarm w/remote start, Snowsport snow plow
    They used to list what the actual case was. Very interesting. They stopped doing that and now just list case numbers.

7. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:52 PM
    bawilson21

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    WA
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 V6 4x4 5-speed
  8. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:54 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    In Orange County CA: Occourts.org... Good thing. I checked mine and they it showed that I didn't go to driving school - and I had! Went to the court house the next day. I met another guy in line that had the same problem. I exchanged numbers with him saying that if one of us finds a solution we would share it with the other. When it was my turn up to the counter, they told me I had to write to the school and yada, yada, yada. I kept on being polite and asking, "If we could clear this up today, what would we need to do?" The other guy goes to another clerk and makes an asshole out of himself. My gal introduced me to her supervisor after a while and she had me sit on the bench. I waited 5 mins and everything was cleared up. Needless to say the other guy left all pissed off. Lesson: be cool and ask the right questions.

9. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    Slygrin

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Moses Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    It turned cold here all of a sudden. 40 now and supposed to drop down to 19 tonight!

10. Oct 10, 2009 at 8:00 PM
    bawilson21

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    WA
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 V6 4x4 5-speed
    Yay for cold ass Alberta Low Systems :p

11. Oct 10, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    WATRD

WATRD Keyser Soze

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Duvall, WA
    Vehicle:
    '01 S/C SAS TRD
    WATRD.com
    Most public records can be had for free, what you pay for is the convenience of having someone make them easy to find and use.

Most of the background check services use these guys anyway, so you can cut out the middle man and go straight there... for a fee:

http://www.intelius.com/

In a past life, I had a job where I spent a lot of time snooping around ;) That site approached the effectiveness and accuracy of the "professional" tools, at a consumer level and fairly reasonable price.

Products Discussed in

To Top