Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Tape Measure Age Trick

Old 10-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
Tape Measure Age Trick

this has been driving me nuts this afternoon.

A couple years ago an electrician showed me trick with a tape measure where you lined up like the year you were born with the current year and in the crease of the tape it showed you your age. Something like that.

If anyone knows please drop some knowledge on me about this!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=tape+measure+age+trick
Old 10-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^^
Old 10-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Old 10-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
"Hi Im looking at the title "Measure Tape Can Tell Your Age", I wonder how the measure tape can tell you age, I'll explain how.. Most people who don't how to do math well, they could do the year that they were born from the year that's present,for instance they can find the answer by using the year that were born (2007-1980) from the present year, but the measuring tape can find the answer quickly, i"ll explain how- you have to bend over the tape and find the number that is the present year (2007=107 on the measuring tape) then find the year you were born (1980=80 on the measuring tape this will be where the bend of the tape is) then look across for your age (the tape hook will be on your age) and that would be your answer . Good luck and enjoy !"

Saw this on a site, dont know if it works..... Good luck!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
"Hi Im looking at the title "Measure Tape Can Tell Your Age", I wonder how the measure tape can tell you age, I'll explain how.. Most people who don't how to do math well, they could do the year that they were born from the year that's present,for instance they can find the answer by using the year that were born (2007-1980) from the present year, but the measuring tape can find the answer quickly, i"ll explain how- you have to bend over the tape and find the number that is the present year (2007=107 on the measuring tape) then find the year you were born (1980=80 on the measuring tape this will be where the bend of the tape is) then look across for your age (the tape hook will be on your age) and that would be your answer . Good luck and enjoy !"

Saw this on a site, dont know if it works..... Good luck!
What the bejeezus?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
What the bejeezus?
He asked about the trick. I saw this on a site. Copy and paste. Whats the problem?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
Never seen Forest Gump

tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
He asked about the trick. I saw this on a site. Copy and paste. Whats the problem?
There's no problem. I'm just still confused. No tape measure at hand.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #9
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
not that hard. extend the tape measure out to 109"s, bring the end of the tape measure back towards you, running it along side the first half of the tape measure until you match the end of the tap measure with the 109" mark on the tape measure. Then just read back on the tape measure to the year you were born, say for me '86, and it will read the years of age on the opposing side, 23 in my case.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
There's no problem. I'm just still confused. No tape measure at hand.
All you're doing is lining up the start of the tape measure (0") with the year (109, in this case.) From there, since the folded over tape measure will count up the "age" on one side while counting down the "years" on the other.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #11
Never seen Forest Gump

tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Thanks everyone!