Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Michigan?

Old 02-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
From Michigan!!
boks will become famous soon enough
boks's Tacoma Gallery
Michigan?

Are there any regular TW members that are from Michigan? Calling all Michigan Tacoma drivers!

Boks
Old 02-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I was from Michigan, you have a real beautiful state.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
From Michigan!!
boks's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I think it's quite beautiful also... especially northern Michigan. Then if you head to the Upper Peninsula you'll see why 4wd is a must. Plus we can occasionally get a crap load of snow.

Boks
Old 02-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I was born and raised there but now I live in Jersey.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:44 AM   #5
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
I have relatives in the UP (Houghton). That place is beautiful (in the summer).
Old 02-09-2008, 06:41 AM   #6
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
i live in northern Indiana , where about in Michigan?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #7
From Michigan!!
boks's Tacoma Gallery
West Michigan in Grand Rapids.

I'll be heading through Houghton next summer up to Copper Harbor. It's amazing up there.

Boks
Old 02-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a couple of buddy's, and we do a camping weekend, I can only assume that there is plenty of places to go ? I am looking for areas where I am not going to see hoards of campers, looking for a place pretty desolate, does such a place exist in Mich. ?
Old 02-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #9
From Michigan!!
boks's Tacoma Gallery
I have a perfect area for truck camping in the Manistee National Forest right on the Manistee River. There's a bunch of hidden campsites back on these 2-tracks that not many know about. Great area for canoeing, mountain biking, hiking and fishing. This area is located between Grand Rapids and Traverse city. So yes. Even better is the Upper Peninsula where you want find crowds anywhere.

Boks
Old 02-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #10
04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold
04asphalt's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

GR/Holland area
Old 02-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #11
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boks View Post
West Michigan in Grand Rapids.
That's where I'm from originally. I used to live about 3 miles from the Meijers on Kalamazoo St & 28th St. Then the family moved out to the Forest Hills area (near Ada). I left in 1980 and have been in San Diego since.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:42 AM   #12

Thanks Boks, it a place me and the boys haven't been, we always try someplace new.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:41 AM   #13
From Michigan!!
boks's Tacoma Gallery
Jedi, Let me know if you want more info. But look up Tibbe Dam or Hodenpyle Dam area along the Manistee.

San Diego huh... You've got the nice weather. Today is the first time we saw the sun in 3 weeks and the wind chill is -17! I actually live in the Ada area.

Boks
Old 02-10-2008, 07:48 AM   #14

Thanks Boks
Old 02-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #15
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
San Diego huh... You've got the nice weather. Today is the first time we saw the sun in 3 weeks and the wind chill is -17! I actually live in the Ada area.

Boks
There is a sun tax out here though. Median price for a home is about $450K. In my area that buys you a 1200 sq ft 1940s home with no basements on 1/4 acre lot.
I lived off a little dead-end road called "Maple Hill". Going East down Ada drive, it used to be the first street after Spaulding Avenue. My father was an electrical maintenance man at the Amway Plant there in Ada for a couple years. My brother John currently lives in Ada.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #16
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll be heading through Houghton next summer up to Copper Harbor.
Been there a bunch of times. Sure is nice. My mom has a summer house in Eagle River, just a few miles south of Copper Harbor. I try to get there whenever I can to work on the house. Last time (2005) i added a deck.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:12 AM   #17
From Michigan!!
boks's Tacoma Gallery
It'll be my wifes first time up in the Keweenaw. We are going for at least a week and bring the canoe to Isle Royale National Park. We plan on touring round the Keweenaw a bit while up there and I know Eagle River down 26 is on the route. I've been up that way a few times but always stuck to 41 (and cliff drive).

Boks
Old 02-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #18

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. Cliff drive is less than 200-300 yds south of the turnoff for Eagle River. My mom's side of the family is from Houghton. My uncle taught at Mich Tech for 30 some years. There is a bunch of cool little towns on the way to check out. Phoenix, Calumet, Laurium, Hubbell, Ahmeek, etc. Be sure to check out the Quincy Mine too.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #19
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to be attending MTU up in houghton next fall