Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Job Searching Tools

Old 02-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Job Searching Tools

Ok here's a question. If i wanted to look for another job, what is the best way to do that? I know about MonsterJobs.com and Careerbuilder and Craigslist but do any of you know of any other useful tools or sites? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
Local News Paper Might Have A Web Site
Old 02-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
You could probably go down to the city dump to apply in person
Old 02-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and through your college if you're still in college.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Oh and through your college if you're still in college.
Not still in college but i think they might help out alumni. I dont HAVE to find a new job, i'm just ready for a change in pace. problem is i'm not really sure what i want to do. i think i'm gonna get my realtors liscense and see if that is any fun.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Not still in college but i think they might help out alumni. I dont HAVE to find a new job, i'm just ready for a change in pace. problem is i'm not really sure what i want to do. i think i'm gonna get my realtors liscense and see if that is any fun.
Let me know when you do. My wife wants to move to the Carolinas. Find us a cheap decent house. PA sucks my ballsack!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
PA sucks my ballsack!
It must, if you want Couch as your neighbor!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Let me know when you do. My wife wants to move to the Carolinas. Find us a cheap decent house. PA sucks my ballsack!
NOOO ,New York sucks ballsack !!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Have you tried male prostitution ? very little required
Old 02-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
NOOO ,New York sucks ballsack !!
As men, you would think all this ball sucking would be a good thing, but no, not really. PA mighta been good a couple hundred years ago, but it just doesn't do it for me these days.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #11
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
nd, I'm told the Chinese are hiring. Its yours for the picking and you get free noodles for dinner with sumyoungguy and mixed vegetables.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #12

Quote:
As men, you would think all this ball sucking would be a good thing, but no, not really. PA mighta been good a couple hundred years ago, but it just doesn't do it for me these days.
True that !!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #13
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003greenbean View Post
Local News Paper Might Have A Web Site
Hey greener ******, why are you are shooting at that American dude hoisting the Canadian flag in your signature? What's with that? You will see more of them as the US election nears and hoards of them after the elections. Canada is beginning to look good to the Americans after all these years.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Hey greener ******, why are you are shooting at that American dude hoisting the Canadian flag in your signature? What's with that? You will see more of them as the US election nears and hoards of them after the elections. Canada is beginning to look good to the Americans after all these years.
it might be looking bad to the uptight, coservative (nazi) americans...but not to us free thinking, outside of the box americans....this election is gonna be a great time...lol
Old 02-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #15

All joking aside, look at what your personal needs are, then determine what are deal breakers; i.e travel, inside a building all day, too much labor, whatever. After you have figured those out, find out which ones could be moved to another area, i.e. India or China, wherever. I am fortunate that my job needs boots on the ground, I also enjoy it. I don't get paid very well but I have a lot of freedoms and an understanding boss. All in all, I am happy for the time being, hoping to move up in the company. This is something you need to look at yourself, once you find something that looks interesting, research the company, see what there motives are, have they had lay off recently ?, do they ship jobs off shore ? once you have this job, now what ? Where too now ? Getting a job is easy, getting THE job is hard, but it's worth it. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i was stuck doing a crappy job for 13 months before i found one that i really liked and could see myself doing for a while. after i moved from sc to nc, it's gotten much better as far as pay and all. same company, but better pay, people, and already moved up to a supervisor position here. u just gotta be on the watch. i had a routine of looking at 10-12 websites a day for jobs
Old 02-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #17

Sometimes the job you take to hold you over til something better ends up being a job you like. That's what happened to me. I was an honor student in highschool......now I'm a garbage man, but I kinda enjoy it. Sick, I know.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:38 AM   #18

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will do, that will be my first order of business if i get my liscence

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
It must, if you want Couch as your neighbor!
I am an awesome neighbor. I'm such a good neighbor, that just in case you missed the previous nights party till 4AM, i'll make sure to have another one every night that week until so you have a chance to enjoy the party

Quote:
Have you tried male prostitution ? very little required
too many nasties out there. i'd gladly prostitute myself to "hotties only"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
nd, I'm told the Chinese are hiring. Its yours for the picking and you get free noodles for dinner with sumyoungguy and mixed vegetables.
Really? you avoid the site for a week and thats the best you can do? come on Bacon, reach deep and come up with something substantial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
it might be looking bad to the uptight, coservative (nazi) americans...but not to us free thinking, outside of the box americans....this election is gonna be a great time...lol
Allright hodge, we need to talk. I am one of those conservative nazi's (alhtough i hate Bush with a passion) but this race is a joke. There are NO good candidates on either side. The republicans are all EXACTLY the same and the democrats are a nightmare. Hillary!?!? she's a joke, when Bill was in office she spent months and millions of dollars locked away with a bunch of officials coming up with a health care solution. you know what we got for all our money? jack shit! She is incompetant (i'll say she is as bad as Bush).

Obama is at least well spoken and LOOKS like an descent candidate, but you gotta look close. look at his policies. Also, his campaign and the media have downplayed his muslim upbringing but come on! his middle name is HUESAIN! We just went to war to kill a Huesain and now we're gonna elect one as our president? Also, the church he went to previous to his run for office was known for being incredibly anti-christian anti-infidel. Lets face it, in this election there are NO good candidates whatsoever. none. Both sides are a joke. I'll gladly admit that the republicans all suck, but why wont democrats admit that their candidates are nothing but a circus act?

Quote:
All joking aside, look at what your personal needs are, then determine what are deal breakers; i.e travel, inside a building all day, too much labor, whatever. After you have figured those out, find out which ones could be moved to another area, i.e. India or China, wherever. I am fortunate that my job needs boots on the ground, I also enjoy it. I don't get paid very well but I have a lot of freedoms and an understanding boss. All in all, I am happy for the time being, hoping to move up in the company. This is something you need to look at yourself, once you find something that looks interesting, research the company, see what there motives are, have they had lay off recently ?, do they ship jobs off shore ? once you have this job, now what ? Where too now ? Getting a job is easy, getting THE job is hard, but it's worth it. Good luck.
Thanks Jedi, i guess i gotta figure out what i want to do first....
Old 02-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Obama is at least well spoken and LOOKS like an descent candidate, but you gotta look close. look at his policies. Also, his campaign and the media have downplayed his muslim upbringing but come on! his middle name is HUESAIN! We just went to war to kill a Huesain and now we're gonna elect one as our president? Also, the church he went to previous to his run for office was known for being incredibly anti-christian anti-infidel. Lets face it, in this election there are NO good candidates whatsoever. none. Both sides are a joke. I'll gladly admit that the republicans all suck, but why wont democrats admit that their candidates are nothing but a circus act?
no, i'd definately be voting for obama....and the muslim thing...i thought we were supposed to be religious tolerant in this country? so what if he was brought up muslim...i dont practice any religion b/c i think they are all jokes, but atleast i'm not gonna put someone down for practicing one or another. hell, i used to have daily conversations w/ iraqi muslims when i was over there...and i didnt think they were gonna try to kidnap me, chop off my head, or try to become president and run my country into the ground. i think a lot of people in this country need to get a clue and realize that people arent the same as they were back in the 50's w/ macarthur and all that jazz...and get over themselves and see that times are changing...even for the better in my book. thats one reason that i'd never vote for a republican b/c their mindsets are all back to the 50's and thinking they can do whatever they want. shit dont happen like that. even IF they republicans had a descent candidate, they'd still lose b/c of all the shit that bush has done to prove their party is WAY too oldfashioned and that he has the IQ of half a baby carrot. corky from life goes on is smarter then the prez.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #20

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
no, i'd definately be voting for obama....and the muslim thing...i thought we were supposed to be religious tolerant in this country? so what if he was brought up muslim...i dont practice any religion b/c i think they are all jokes, but atleast i'm not gonna put someone down for practicing one or another. hell, i used to have daily conversations w/ iraqi muslims when i was over there...and i didnt think they were gonna try to kidnap me, chop off my head, or try to become president and run my country into the ground. i think a lot of people in this country need to get a clue and realize that people arent the same as they were back in the 50's w/ macarthur and all that jazz...and get over themselves and see that times are changing...even for the better in my book. thats one reason that i'd never vote for a republican b/c their mindsets are all back to the 50's and thinking they can do whatever they want. shit dont happen like that. even IF they republicans had a descent candidate, they'd still lose b/c of all the shit that bush has done to prove their party is WAY too oldfashioned and that he has the IQ of half a baby carrot. corky from life goes on is smarter then the prez.
You have a good point about Bush ruining the chances for the next republican candidate. i will be AMAZED if they vote another republican into office in this upcoming election. But the American people forget fast. Bush did a terrible job so people will vote democrat this time around. but if the democratic prez sucks then they'll say "hey, democrats suck, lets vote republican" and we'll have a republican after that. Thats the problem with our system. There are only two viable parties and they trade off everytime a president messes up. I say i'm conservative but in reality im more of a libertarian, the problem is, that no third party will be elected into office for at least a century, so i vote republican because i have a problem with alot of democratic ideals. My philosophy is simple. i'll leave you alone, you leave me alone, and make your own way in life and dont expect handouts. Traditionally republicans have been in favor of a small federal government and democrats favor a large central government. over the past few years this has changed. both sides are now fighting for power and in the process the government is growing no matter which side is in office. a larger more "involved" government means less freedoms for citizens and more restrictions. As far as the whole "i'll leave you alone you leave me alone thing", that doesnt work since the government thinks they know better than me what i should eat, or what i should think and what i can say. In a lot of respects democratic philosophy and republican philosophy are no longer that different. They claim to be different but they are getting closer and closer to both parties being out of control. I have problems with enablers. i see the democrats as enablers. "oh, you dont have a job? heres some money". "Oh you have a job but you dont make enough to support your 5 bastard children and you have a crack habbit? well here's some money for each kid and dont worry, your job cant fire you for your drug addictions since thats a "dissability". My big problem with the Democrats is not abortion or anything like that. my problem is that democrats "help" those in society by enabling them to continue to contribute nothing. Where's the incentive to go out and contribute and get a job if the government is giving you money...... money that i earn and have to give the government out of each check. Everyone is able to pull themselves up by their bootstraps if they have the desire too. its time to stop treating adults like spoiled teenagers.

As for being tolorant of religion.... being tolorant does not mean being accepting or embracing. Tolorant means that the government wont break into your house and drag you through the streets for going to a mosque. If Obama were just another citizen, i could care less if he was muslim. But we are currently at war with a muslim nation, the last thing we need is a muslim leader. He can worship allah if he wants to. he wont be persecuted for it, but it doesnt mean i'll accept it or want him to lead a nation of "infidels" as seen through the eyes of his religion.