Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Someone tried to break into my shed.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
Someone tried to break into my shed.

I can't say for sure, but it looks like someone might have tried to get into the old crappy wooden shed in the back of my yard. Its a 100 year old shed with real thick heavy wooden doors. One of the strap hinges is barely hanging on. So I installed an additional hinge. I came out yesterday and all of the screws in the new hinge were removed. On the other hand I had used sort of short screws and there's the possibility that they worked their way out. I have since used bolts and run them through the door and bent them over on the inside. I'm thinking of getting a security light and a heavier lock mechanism. Anyone have some suggestions to make it more secure?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Is anything missing from the shed?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Big Ass Dog

the security light is a great idea too. Bars on the windows and type of hinges that the screws are in the inside of the door so they can't just be taken off outside
Old 11-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slygrin View Post
Remington 870
Plus a motion sensing light, so you know where to aim!
I'd love to have a sound play-back of "pumping 1 into the chamber" trtiggered at the same time as the light came on!
UNMISTAKABLE SOUND!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
you need to check this thread (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...-yer-guns.html)
and pick one you like
Old 11-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The shed is made out of solid wood with plaster. There are no windows. The doors are 3" thick and made of solid wood too. The weakness is the hinges and the lock. I think it would take too much time to get the hinges off. I'm thinking that maybe I could attach chains on the inside, securing the doors to the walls in case someone actually does remove the hinges. Then they couldn't remove them all the way and get in.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
You have to be one stupid redneck to not be able to break in to a 100 year old shed successfully.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
How is the door? The hinges are on the door frame right? Go to home depot and buy the big thick steel ones. Put four. Then in the same aisle buy 2 padlock and hasps and nolt them to the front of the door. The nice thing about the padlock hasps is when is closed and locked you cant unscrew anything.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #10

Quote:
You have to be one stupid redneck to not be able to break in to a 100 year old shed successfully.
These aren't stupid rednecks. More like stupid ghetto trash.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #12

I'm thinking of welding metal strips over the top of the hinges. Course' the landlord will never again be able to remove the hinges, but oh well!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #13
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Put a power wire to one handle and the ground wire on the other, when they grab both handles you'll know who it was cuz they will still be there in the morning..... unless you use low voltage.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosabre View Post
Put a power wire to one handle and the ground wire on the other, when they grab both handles you'll know who it was cuz they will still be there in the morning..... unless you use low voltage.
i like that idea. hmmm... now how to make this work for my car....
Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #15
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosabre View Post
Old 11-05-2009, 01:17 PM   #16
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Remington 870
Lol, I thought Mossberg 590 before I opened the thread. Glad to see we're on the same page though.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #17
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Remington 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Plus a motion sensing light, so you know where to aim!
I'd love to have a sound play-back of "pumping 1 into the chamber" trtiggered at the same time as the light came on!
UNMISTAKABLE SOUND!

+1

Then put up a sign on the door too... That says,
"This shed isn't supply, nor is it yours. If you are the theif that has guts enough to try to break into this; have enough guts to turn around and stare down the barrell of my shotgun. I'll be watching, so don't forget to smile for the camera."
Old 11-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #18
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Tack a weld on the screw and hinge, all you have to do is grind it down when you want to remove it.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #19
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Get a dog. My two dogs wake me up when they hear someone around the house, then take your weapon of choice and deal with it