Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

I have a rant about this time of year.

View Poll Results: Are you annoyed by this too?
Yes 58 64.44%
No 9 10.00%
I don't much care 21 23.33%
Does this mean I get more presents? Because I ain't seeing them. 7 7.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
I have a rant about this time of year.

I don't know who else feels this way, but it annoys the crap out of me. Ok, here it goes.

I was driving down the road on the night before Halloween and saw Christmas decorations being put up. October 30th and already with the Christmas stuff. Really? I can see an ad here and there recommending that you get your shopping done early, but there is no reason to start decorating and playing music for Christmas almost two months out. Now I love Christmas and New Years as much as anyone else does, but Thanksgiving should be celebrated as well. It has gotten to the point where I get mad when I hear Christmas music now. I think I am going to start setting up for the 4th of July right after Christmas. And my Birthday can be any day as long as it is at least three months ahead of time. I think we need to take back Thanksgiving and push Christmas' bullying ass back to where it belongs on the 25th of December, not two days before Halloween.
//End Rant//
Old 11-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
I kind of agree with you. I wait to decorate the house for Christmas until after Thanksgiving.

I find myself enjoying Thanksgiving more anyway. There's no obligation for gifts and it is genuinely nice to have people get together and spend time with one another.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
^^ agreed. It gets annoying because I actually like thanksgiving decorations as much as I do christmas decorations. And it seems like every year people are decorating less and less for thanksgiving.
Also, if you decorate for christmas and play christmas music, by the time christmas comes around you're so tired of it that you want it to be over rather than enjoying it...
Old 11-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Colton is awesome

but to get back on topic, it pisses me off when people do that too.
And have parties til 4 in the morning....... DAMN!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
agreed 10000000000000000000% i hate seeing xmas decorations before halloween
Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #7
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Now I don't feel alone on this.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I completely agree with you! The day after Thanksgiving is when we put the tree up...
for serious thats when we do it too
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Thanksgiving is the best. I can eat all I want and won't be judged as much
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
annoys the piss outta me. im a scrooge anyway...just the way its been for quite some time. playing Christmas music and playing Christmas movies.........before thanksgiving....is ridiculous.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #12
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I agree 100%, I really cant stand the people that leve their stuff up for 2 months after. I mean yes, the decorations look really cool and some look amazing but it is annoying. As I write this there is a christmas commercial on. I agree, what happened to Thanksgiving?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I completely agree with you! The day after Thanksgiving is when we put the tree up...

People here usually wait til after thanksgiving but I do see some up now. Meaning the decorations not the tree............but
It has been unseasonably warm this November............
Old 11-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #14
Shovels is on a distinguished road
Name: Shovels
Shovels's Tacoma Gallery
There are only a few times where I drive around and I say "are you f'ing kidding me?" Seeing the neighborhood idiot put up decorations novemeber 1st is one of those times
Old 11-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
I start decorating after Thanksgiving. But it doesn't bother me if some people start early. Different cultures, different ways. I've lived in a place for a long time where you start seeing Christmas decorations and hearing music just when the month ends with "BER".
If it's their way to celebrate Christmas, I say leave them alone.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #16

You are right, but there is a difference between tradition and just trying to be the first out with Christmas stuff.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #17
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just trying to be the first out with Christmas stuff.
I would get annoyed by then.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
toast is on a distinguished road
toast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by martie View Post
I find myself enjoying Thanksgiving more anyway. There's no obligation for gifts and it is genuinely nice to have people get together and spend time with one another.
This.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #19
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Christmas decorations should only be up a two weeks before Christmas, any earlier and its just looks like you dont own a fucking calendar.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #20
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
i feel like their trying to rush us through the holidays anymore by doing Christmas stuff right after Halloween. I mean I love Christmas and celebrate it for the reason that it should be, but I like my Thanksgiving dinners too. Thanksgiving is a lot less of a hassle also. I don't think I've seen stuff for Thanksgiving out at the stores.