Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Garages

Old 02-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
BLOCKADE will become famous soon enoughBLOCKADE will become famous soon enough
BLOCKADE's Tacoma Gallery
Garages

So I am planing on sinking some money into garage organization as soon as it warms up a little bit. I've been looking for some ideas on how to go about it and thought, who better to ask than a bunch of people who love their trucks (which I assumed would mean they spent a lot of time in their garages)...

So....

Lets see your Garage!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my Garage. You can see a 98 Taurus Engine on the right. My son didn't realize the red oil light meant that there was something WRONG!
It is usually pretty clean but they made a mess swapping motors. There's buckets of oil and grease everywhere.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
Here is my Garage. You can see a 98 Taurus Engine on the right. My son didn't realize the red oil light meant that there was something WRONG!
It is usually pretty clean but they made a mess swapping motors. There's buckets of oil and grease everywhere.
Ouch! I bet that engine swap was fun. I just swapped a transmission on an accord, those fwd cars are like working in a coffin.

Keep the pics coming!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm taking up space in someone else's garage at the moment.

Sing it with me now: "One of these things is not like the other..."
Attached Thumbnails
Garages-img_1975.jpg   Garages-img_1976.jpg   Garages-img_1979.jpg  
Old 02-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I'm taking up space in someone else's garage at the moment.

Sing it with me now: "One of these things is not like the other..."
That vette yours? NICE! If yes...do you get out to Ridley Creek on Sundays?
I love that color!!!

My garage is too small, is stuffed with a vette & a Wrangler and gawd knows it's a mess in there!!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
My garage is an embarassing mess. I can fit my truck into it, but after that, the only room for me is in the truck or under it. I too need some budget organization.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
That vette yours? NICE! If yes...do you get out to Ridley Creek on Sundays?
I love that color!!!

My garage is too small, is stuffed with a vette & a Wrangler and gawd knows it's a mess in there!!
Nope -- mine is the Tacoma tucked back in the far corner in the last picture.

That vette was in for a straight axle conversion. They have some sick cars in that shop. The far car in the first picture left the shop with a 3000hp blown hemi.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOCKADE View Post
Ouch! I bet that engine swap was fun. I just swapped a transmission on an accord, those fwd cars are like working in a coffin.

Keep the pics coming!
Two weeks of fun and mess. My son did alot of the work, he got very frustrated in the process. The new motor is from a junk yard and the damn thing runs great! I told him the work is not done until you clean up. Well, he left it very messy. Jack stands laying everywhere and tools greasy. He doesn't know it yet but we're scrubbing the garage down on Sunday!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #9

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
Two weeks of fun and mess. My son did alot of the work, he got very frustrated in the process. The new motor is from a junk yard and the damn thing runs great! I told him the work is not done until you clean up. Well, he left it very messy. Jack stands laying everywhere and tools greasy. He doesn't know it yet but we're scrubbing the garage down on Sunday!
Hell, for help with an engine swap I'll clean your garage!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Hell, for help with an engine swap I'll clean your garage!
It's something I don't want to do again. And to tell you the truth, I had to have several friends help out. I'll take volunteers to clean the garage though!!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:39 PM   #11
Anyone else have pics?
Old 02-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really have a garage. It's more of a shop. Actually, it's more of a junk depository. There is too much crap in there. Anyway, I just finished building some shelves and I've been organizing a lot lately. This weekend I'll try to get some pictures up of the mess that is my shop.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #13
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

In this picture, my garage is piled with crap from my basement that had been damaged by water.....I'm still in the process of hauling all this sh*t out.

This picture is from my phone, so it's not real clear.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #14
Thanks for the replies (and the future replies). Toy, that is very close to the state of my garage so don't feel bad. I started this thread in effort to remedy that problem.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOCKADE View Post
Thanks for the replies (and the future replies). Toy, that is very close to the state of my garage so don't feel bad. I started this thread in effort to remedy that problem.
I have an oversized 1 car garage. Although the perimeter is always stacked with crap, I can usually fit either my truck or the wifes CRV at any given time. The shit pile in the center was just added this week. Even after I clean it, it remains a mess.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:25 AM   #16
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Don't even have one what I would look for in a place I call my own is : concrete floor with hard trowel finish for easy clean up, pitched so I can wash it indoors and water runs to the drain, lots of lights from the ground up, sound deadening walls so when I skin my knuckles and scream some foul words my neighbors don't think I am hacking up my wife, air compressor with no containment for sound, so if I want to hack up my wife my neighbors think I am working on my truck , stereo, T.V., internet feed for computer, fridge, exhaust fans b/c I am very "gassy", dog kennel so if someone wants my rig there Shit just gets ripped up , uh... I think that's it.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #17
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have pictures handy, but one of the best, and cheapest, things I did for garage organization was when I heard about someone re-doing their kitchen and willing to give away the old cabinets to whoever would haul them away. I had to share the cabinets with my wife who wanted some in the rec room in the house, but I got a couple in the garage. I'm keeping my ears open for another kitchen remodel.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
I don't have pictures handy, but one of the best, and cheapest, things I did for garage organization was when I heard about someone re-doing their kitchen and willing to give away the old cabinets to whoever would haul them away. I had to share the cabinets with my wife who wanted some in the rec room in the house, but I got a couple in the garage. I'm keeping my ears open for another kitchen remodel.

That's a great Idea. Old cabinets would be great in my garage.