1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Idiots on the road.......

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 05PreRunner, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Feb 22, 2008 at 11:02 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner [OP] "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    :mad: I was stuck at a Carl's Jr Drive-thru and it was getting dark....so, i turned on my lights.
    The guy in front of me in a beat up corvette got pissed and yelled out "your f'n brights are shining right in my f'n eyes" He wouln't stop bitchin' then he puts his car in reverse and slowly backs up and acts like he's gonna hit my truck.. Im sitting there going "WTF!!!" and honking at him. He said "im not moving till you turn your lights off" So i then put my high beams on for a couple seconds, then turned them to the parking lights just so the f'n idiot would freaking move. Damn, if i only had a push bar..........or a train horn..............
    (I have Silverstar Ultras in there BTW) Freakin people these days.....seriously!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Please share your "Idiots on the road" story...

2. Feb 23, 2008 at 12:11 AM
    lawnrevenge

lawnrevenge Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    08 regular cab 5-lug, automatic
    Corvette=fiberglass
    Let him ram you and laugh as his car breaks into pieces. I turn my headlights off in drive thrus because I remember driving a low car, but it's not that buig a deal. He probably thought you turned them on to be a dick, not because it was dark. Amazing how some people are so retarded that they try and pick a fight over headlights.

3. Feb 23, 2008 at 12:22 AM
    05PreRunner

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    yeah, people over here try to start fights for almost anything.........my cousins best friend actually got killed at a drive-thru.... apparently this young couple rear ended him while he was waiting. He got out and tried to take a picture of the couples license plate, and when he crouched down to snap the picture, the man came over and punched him in the head so hard that he never made it. (It think it happened in Riverside, Ca)

4. Feb 23, 2008 at 3:40 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I would've turned my highbeams on and left them on...... :D You wanna bitch? Here, I'll make it even worse just because you're an idiot.

And actually - the guy is a frigin retard. He owns a corvette for gawd sake and he should be used to having lights blared at him because the vettes are so low.

Should've told him to put a lift kit on it !

5. Feb 23, 2008 at 6:10 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    I do not condone the Corvette drivers behaviour since he had the option of letting you, the "offending party" get ahead or switch his mirror to the non reflective night mode. However, in my opinion both parties acted irresponsibly in this instance.

Please understand that everybody is entitled to privacy and the quiet enjoyment of their space be it in their home or an extension thereof, such as your car. Just as you would not shine a flash light into a neighbours or strangers house, you should attempt to avoid similar action with your auto's lights whenever humanly possible especially if you can do so without causing an accident or endangering life.

Many cities effectively enforce it's "light trespass" by-law's if a complaint is documented. It does not apply to automobiles, however the concept does. The bottom line is the extension of common courtesy to the fellow human being. To treat others as you wish to be treated or better. ;)

6. Feb 23, 2008 at 7:38 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    You were in a losing situation, it's obvious that no matter what you did, you were "going" to be wrong. Sarcasm is your only way to save face, like one of my favorites-- You have your whole life to be a dick!! don't use it all up today! or an oldie but a goodie-- Oh dear, sounds like your Midol is wearing off, take two more pills you GIANT P***Y ! :D But with that said, be ready to throw down. :laugh:

7. Feb 23, 2008 at 8:20 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4

Very nicely put Master! !!

Don G

8. Feb 23, 2008 at 9:36 AM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    Then maybe afterwards they can form a circle and sing KOOM BAY YA?
    The jerk in the Vette could have just adjusted his mirrors and went on.
    Don't know what the original poster looked like but if he looked young
    this guy thought he was just F'ing with him.
    Bottom line if you drive a car that low to the ground expect to get blinded.
    Hell my 2wd 5lugger would nail his mirror.

9. Feb 23, 2008 at 10:34 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    I'm with TheMaster and Don on this one.....There's no disputing that the guy in the 'vette was acting like a jerk,however,antagonizing him or further provoking him is only going to lead to trouble.Granted,noboby likes being bitched at or called names but in the grand scheme of things,who cares?If this confrontation escalates to the point of getting out of your vehicles,as jedi said,be prepared to throw down.....You think it's embarrassing being bitched at,try rolling around on the ground with some jerkoff you don't even know...or worse.The OP stated that he had a friend lose his life over a beef in a drive thru.

Now don't get me wrong,there have been times when my fuse has been extremely short and something like this would send me into a hissy fit and we'd have been boxing.However maybe it's that I'm getting older and god forbid wiser that I'm going to save my physical confrontations for times that my or my loved ones safety is in jeopardy.

Tough 'vette guy seems to be living by the sword,and rest assured he'll get his.It's just that there are too many people in the ground who should have let silly shit go.I think you did the right thing 05 PreRunner,let it defuse and go on with your day.

Just my $.02 :)

10. Feb 25, 2008 at 1:33 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I hope the asshole got busted!

And that mentality right there is why Canadians are viewd as little more than toilet paper to us big stubborn Americana ;)

Personally i would have left my lights on high and if he said he wasn't gonna move until i turned them off so be it. i would have enjoyed sitting there wasting time if i knew it was gonna piss this jackass off. i guarntee eventually he would get tired of trying to prove his point and driven off. or gotten out and come to my window, which would have been bad for him

11. Feb 25, 2008 at 1:46 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    That's complete BS. The law requires you to have your lights on when driving at night. You are technically driving while you wait at a drive thru. If you are blinding the person in front of you, it's your choice to be extra nice and turn your lights off. But you are in no way being a jerk by leaving your lights on.

12. Feb 25, 2008 at 1:51 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    One time, I honked at a guy for cutting me off on the interstate. He was clearly in the wrong, but decided that I was wrong for honking at him. So he flicked me off, I honked, he hit his brakes and then threw a burger wrapper out his window at me.

What gets me the most is how people react when you tell them they did something wrong by honking at them. I know, the horn isn't supposed to be an after the fact "screw you." The horn is supposed to mean "Hey! Look out!" But I'm not one to let people cut me off and not tell them about it. So many people that I honk at have the nerve to flick you off after they screwed up.

On the rare occasion that I'm honked at, I generally just wave, because I doubt that I purposely did something to piss you off.

13. Feb 25, 2008 at 5:57 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    I stopped needing to prove how tough I am a long time ago.;)

14. Feb 25, 2008 at 6:02 PM
    05PreRunner

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    Yeah, he eventually did. Turns out he had just gotten outta jail a couple days earlier...:rolleyes:. He said he just wanted to scare him and that he was very sad for what had happened.... we all know that's complete b/s

15. Feb 25, 2008 at 6:14 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    Hmmm?? I`m just glad I can say that age has mellowed me out,being a father too has changed me.My reaction today would be much different than it would have been just 10 yrs ago,(sometimes I wonder,but @ 40yrs. I`m pretty certain I could still open a serious can a whoop ass if I had to).

16. Feb 25, 2008 at 6:16 PM
    350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    1997 3RZ 5spd 4x4 Reg Cab
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    4lo/drive and throttle is all this situation really needed to be resolved

17. Feb 26, 2008 at 7:03 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    When I was just a youngster, my step-dad would say,"I think that guy wants a push,get out and lock the hubs in".

18. Feb 26, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Lucky you, being a father has made my fuse even shorter since the kids keep it burning eternally. I would have high beamed him til he left. I got nothing to prove, I'm not a confrontational person. That leaves me to be passive aggressive. When it was done, I would smile, wave, and say have a nice evening. A-holes can't handle that.

19. Feb 26, 2008 at 7:30 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    I can say honestly I have been behind someone in a dr. thru and they didn`t say anything but they moved their mirrors so I shut my lights off till I got through.The guy hollering and screaming I wouldn`t have shut them off for him...to smile and wave would have been tempting, but you just never know what some jerk might do, I think I would have just ignored him. I live in a smaller town and couldn`t see this hapening here luckily.Moral of the story being a dork won`t get ya much consideration from me. Nice shoes BTW.

20. Feb 26, 2008 at 7:46 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    I hear ya. How bout this one. I live in a college town and as I stood in line at the local convenience store, I couldn't help but hear a college student bitching about the locals. She said "I can't believe the locals walk around acting like they own the place". AS IF! haha

Products Discussed in

To Top