1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Verizon Wireless

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by supremetaco2, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    supremetaco2

supremetaco2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    +hp, lifted, lights, dif breather mod, debadged, shorty antenna...
    Who has this shitty company as well? Went to the goddamn verizon store in my area then all they do is tell me to call customer service. how nice. i just wanted to block a phone number and they can't do it. need to go through multiple BS phone calls. shits rediculous. is it that hard to do? :mad:

2. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    my wife loves them.......J/K!! she has about had it with them, myself, I could care less, I wish that I still had alltel, because I like my POS razor, but alas, when my alltel contract runs out, I have to get a new phone, and a new contract, YES!!!:D all this has to be done by february at the latest.Good times.

3. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i went to verizon from tmobile. not impressed with them at all. just as bad

4. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:14 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    ive had the same experience... there is one store that i know has good people there that treat me like a customer and want my business. but there is another one that treat me like piss.. they can blow themselves for all i care... it all depends on who you get and who wants to make you a returning customer.

5. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    don't get me wrong, my buddy is with at&t or whatever it's called now, and we are both out in the same area, he doesn't get a signal and I do, which I like. It all comes down to customer service in the end, and these days, customer service is shit.

6. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    i went verison to att and the phone service it a little worse but the customer service is good

7. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    you can block a number through your online account through verizonwireless.com

8. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    We don't have that ability at the store level...

Marc M

9. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I have Verizon Wireless and avoid the stores as much as I can, do my account online as well as upgrades etc.

10. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    x2

My experiences (very few) have always been for shit. I just get my phones off of the website. The folks in the stores seem like they work off of commission or something like that. They haven't been as willing to work with you as the folks you get when you call in.

FWIW, I don't have a problem with the phone service.

11. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    supremetaco2

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    yeah f**k the stores already they are POS there is no point to having it there besides buying a phone. how goddamn useless.

12. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    have never had ant trouble with VZ Customer Service or with the service in the stores here. I'm plenty satisfied with them.

13. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i had suncom for a year...then alltell for 2 years...then sprint for a year...then verizon for 4 years...im with at&t now

i had a NASTY experience with Verizon involving them tying my account to my dads account and putting a PIN on the account and not informing either of us what it was...and then refusing to allow me to do anything to my account

i'll never go back willingly

14. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Verizon takes care of me, so I have no complaints. I have heard horror stories about them though. I cant complain because they gave me a $500 Blackberry tour for free :spy:

15. Nov 25, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    You have to go online, sign up for parental controls ($4.99/mo if you're on a Nationwide Plan. If you're on the older America's Choice 2 still you're SOL I think), and then block the number. I'd assume the stores can't do that unless the can add that feature to your account, log into it, and set the number to block. It sure as hell isn't as easy as my home phone: dial *62, hit pound, 1 for last incoming call, # again. I think that's the sequence anyway. :D

As for their service in general.... They can be rather useless sometimes, and there's one store I won't go to because it's staffed with assholes. But they opened up a new one closer to me with like 2 guys running it! :D No high pressured sales people with lots of customers to deal with so they're pretty cool. The network coverage is unbeatable though. No one else gets signal at my house (ATT work on-call phone, other people with ATT, a buddy with Sprint, and another with T-Mobile), but I get full signal EVDO and 1X. :D I get full signal in the hospital I work in too mainly due to the repeating equipment in the building while the hospital (stupidly) uses ATT, and everyone complains about the lack of signal. Or shitty battery life probably due to constantly looking for signal.

I looked into blocking a number on my wifes phone, so I'm familiar with the process. In the end, it wasn't worth it for 1 number and a pissed off wife.

16. Nov 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    supremetaco2

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    okay so i called them once already and they told me they cant put the block through because i didnt have my account information... so then i call them again and they tell me its blocked? im like WTF are you friggin sure its blocked cuz the first time i called the lady asked for all this information i didnt have, so she said the block wouldnt go through... conflicting stories, man i really dont know who to believe... i swear if the number isnt blocked im gonna go at the people at the store. this is rediculous.

17. Nov 25, 2009 at 7:17 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Is the phone in your name? WTF did they need? I call up, give them my primary number (family plan), name, account password, maybe verify address or SSN or something, and boom! I can make all the changes I want. Back when the phone was in my mom's name (due to them wanting a $1,000 security deposit 5 years ago when I got the phone :eek: ) I had a HELL of a time making changes. Even when I was an authorized user. Some people would let me, some wouldn't. Like some people would break the rules or something. Even though it was my credit card making every single payment for 4 years. Finally got in my name a few months ago when they told me the credit req's had been reduced and I could do it without that insane security deposit.

As it is, I prefer to do everything through the website so I can *SEE* what's changing and make sure it's right. I have really hard time remembering things said over the phone, or visualizing how it affects my account/budget.

18. Nov 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Dont even get me started on this fucking company. Between the fuck face that told me to buy the "Most reliable phone we see", which has been replaced 3 times so far because its about as usefull as a fucking coffee table coaster, and the bull shit billing statements, I have half a mind to go into their store and choke every one of those fuckers!

19. Nov 25, 2009 at 7:26 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    Same here! I got my tour for next to nothing. Never had any problems other than they gave me 3 defective phones in a row. I'll never get an LG phone again!

20. Nov 25, 2009 at 7:28 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    Chris, you def need that phone thats waterproof, shock proof, and dust proof! haha

Products Discussed in

To Top