1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

snowboarding in canada??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Timicha, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Nov 29, 2009 at 9:59 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Tillamook / Portland , Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    Fabtech 4 inch lift, tinted windows, diff drop, 33 inch MTZ tires on Raceline Raptor wheels, ELITE OFF-ROAD bumpers and sliders
    does anyone know of some good mountains to go snowboarding in canada, me and some friends are looking to make a trip up this christmas break and none of us know the names of any good mountains. any help would be appreciated

2. Nov 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    guystyles

guystyles Member

Member:
    3" leveling kit, Roll Top
    Fernie, Sunshine Village, Lake Louise, Revelstoke(new mountain, haven't been, heard it is AMAZING)
    Sunshine and lake louise are 1-1.5 hours away west of Calgary. Fernie is about 3hours south west and Revelstoke is about 5 hours west of Calgary. Hopefully this helps! Maybe I'll see you there.

3. Nov 29, 2009 at 10:07 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    Fabtech 4 inch lift, tinted windows, diff drop, 33 inch MTZ tires on Raceline Raptor wheels, ELITE OFF-ROAD bumpers and sliders
    do you live in canada

4. Nov 29, 2009 at 10:08 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    mostly just above washington area

5. Nov 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM
    guystyles

guystyles Member

Member:
    3" leveling kit, Roll Top
    Yeah, forgot to mention Whistler. Never been but definitely amazing aswell. I live in Calgary and go to Sunshine and Lake Louise on a regular basis. I like them cause they are so close. Kicking Horse is another prime spot, Panorama aswell. It would be hard to choose if you were to go inland and not towards Whistler. Look on a map at all these spots and maybe decided to hit up more then one:D

6. Nov 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Iv done whistler/blackcomb and that would probably be the most amazing xmas break trip of your lives. Mind you I went in july but still haha, they got blackcomb up top open to goof around and some park

7. Nov 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    thanks alot guys i've heard alot of good things about whistler from other people and have been looking at it online, ill probably end up going there for a couple days and should be awesome!

8. Nov 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    Yea just make sure it isn't during Olympics, cause it will be busy as hell.

I vote for Fernie, but I am biased since my hometown is about 20 mins away.

9. Nov 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    oh the olympics are at whistler this year??

10. Nov 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    You better believe it!

11. Nov 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    oh well ill defenetly be avoiding when ever that is haha

12. Nov 30, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    Check out one of the best kept secrets in Canada. Apex Resort is an hour north of the Washington border and has some of the best powder in Canada. There are several Olympic freestyle teams training here now for Vancouver 2010 and they have all been blown away by this place. Wicked black & double black runs and a terrain park.:thumbsup:

Stay away from Whistler/Blackcomb, Revelstoke, Big White/Silverstar unless you like wet snow, long lift lines and ridiculous prices on EVERYTHING!:crapstorm:

13. Nov 30, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    x2

14. Nov 30, 2009 at 4:36 PM
    DLAV

DLAV Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    SK
    Vehicle:
    12 DCLB Barcelona Red
    N-Fab Steps, Weathertech floor mats, Oem Bed mat
    i did three days riding in revelstoke last year and absolutely loved it. I didn't find it to expensive. the snow was awesome and the lines were not crazy. . Panarama was like a skating rink when i was there last year. my GF and i spent three days on the hill 30 second walk to chair lift from our room . it was only $600 for both of us. but that was not during peak times like christmas or spring break.

This Christmas we're heading to kimberly and Fernie for 5 days of riding. I can't wait.

15. Nov 30, 2009 at 4:36 PM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    I got a flyer from Whistler today. It's 100% open before and after the Olympics, and 90% during. Typically ski resorts are quite quiet for the whole season that the Olympics are there.

Whistler is great, have skied there twice and had great snow both times. But then a friend went the year after and they had the worst snow ever. Trouble is, it isn't that high when compared to other reorts in NA.

Last time I went there wasn't any snow at all. But then it was in September and I was mountain biking :)

16. Nov 30, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    05trdsport

05trdsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary AB CAN
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport Silver
    K&N cold air intake, Aroturbine exhaust OME 885's on OME Nitrochargers, Total Chaos UCA, 1-1/4" wheel spacers, TRD sport wheels coated flat black, dick cepek AT 285/70/17, Alcan AAL/OME rear struts, Blacked out front valance, bhlm headlights, nav/ipod eclipse headunit. URD maf calibrator with map option. Supercharger in the works.
    silverstar/sunpeaks is in the kamloops/vernon. also big white in kelowna is amazing!

17. Nov 30, 2009 at 5:11 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Wait a second, there is a ski resort without ridiculous prices?

Personally, you live in Oregon and never heard of Whistler/Blackcomb? I would suggest definitely going to Whistler due to the atmosphere and the mountains but I wouldn't go this year and I wouldn't go during the Christmas holidays. Not only will it be unbelievably expensive but it will be super crowded as well. That's just insane. I would just stay on Hood or head to one of the Washington mountains and plan for a Whistler trip another time.

Yeah, except for the overcrowding of spectators, the inflated lodging costs and the general annoyance of being there I'm sure it's a swell time.

18. Nov 30, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I have heard good things about Big White. What is the atmosphere like?
    Maybe after I recover from knee surgery and get in shape I will head there(next season, of course).

Also, another option for you is there is a resort in Wyoming that you take the train and it drops you right in town and the mountain is vast with fewer crowds. I can't remember the name but I have always wanted to do it. Maybe look into it.

The other setback is that it is almost December and you are just starting to plan a trip for the holidays. A spur of the moment trip can ruin the whole experience.

19. Nov 30, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I can vouch for Silverstar, Sunshine and Lake Louise.

Specially seeing as I live 1½hrs away from the latter two.

20. Nov 30, 2009 at 7:33 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    ya i've gone to pretty much ever mountain in oregon and a few in washington, and ill be going to tahoe alot this year since its only a few hours from my college. few friends were looking to make a trip up to canada and i thought it would be pretty fun to venture out haha but ill defenetly be avoiding whistler if the olympics are gonna be there sometime soon because i hate crowds and waiting in lift lines

Products Discussed in

To Top