Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Boyd Coddington, may he tear it up in Heaven!

Old 02-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Boyd Coddington, may he tear it up in Heaven!

A great innovator and fabricator has passed. Love or hate him you can't deny he had some sweet rides.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
wow, that was seriously unexpected.... R.I.P.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Its defiantly a shame, the guy had alot of talent. R I P Boyd
Old 02-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
alextreme76 is on a distinguished road

alextreme76's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i heard about this yesterday. sad day for the custom car world. he was an true innovator who had awesome ideas.

r.I.p. boyd!!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, i had no idea he died. That is sad.

RIP Boyd.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
Obama can suck-it
TSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the rough
TSUNAMI*22's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mean to start any crap, but this guy always impressed me as being a tad on the fruity side.

When I read that he had passed and that they wouldn't disclose the cause of death, I immediately thought of Aids or something along those lines.

It's just a gut feeling and I could be totally off-base here.

As far as talent goes, it was his crew that did most of the work. Boyd just barked a lot of orders (in my opinion). Rudely at times.

I'm not passing judgement on the guy (God's job). I just found him very non-charismatic, and a bit of a protagonistic personality.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #8
alextreme76 is on a distinguished road

alextreme76's Tacoma Gallery
no offense to you dude, but you probably only know him from one tv show. if you read up about him, he was a great designer and builder. i say the guy had every right to bark at his employees because he knows cars, was building and buy cars and then LIVING in them and it is his business, he wasnt the fabricator anymore. also he was diabtec and i hear that his death was following a surgery around new years and he had complication relating to his diabetes
Old 03-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #9
Obama can suck-it
TSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the rough
TSUNAMI*22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alextreme76 View Post
no offense to you dude, but you probably only know him from one tv show. if you read up about him, he was a great designer and builder. i say the guy had every right to bark at his employees because he knows cars, was building and buy cars and then LIVING in them and it is his business, he wasnt the fabricator anymore. also he was diabtec and i hear that his death was following a surgery around new years and he had complication relating to his diabetes
Your right. All I knew of him was from the tv show. I surprised he was a diabetic as well.

No offense taken. I just had this skewed first impression of him I guess.

Thanks for not biting my head off.