1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lost a good friend yesterday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by j_cyrus, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Dec 2, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    j_cyrus

j_cyrus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rickman TN
    One of my cock sucking neighbors poisoned my dog Brownie yesterday. So let me give you guys a little bit of history.

Back in April someone poisoned Brownie's mother, Maggie. They got my uncle's dog that day, my neighbor Jon's dog, and a cat. That's 4 animals, dead, all died from the same thing. Foaming out of the mouth, shaking really bad, couldn't hardly walk or stand up.

I got over that, and I got Brownie about 2 months after Maggie was poisoned. I have 2 labs in the house, and my parents wouldn't let me have another dog inside, so Brownie stayed outside. Yesterday I went to catch him and put him in the cattle trailer(that's where I always put him if I was going somewhere), so I could leave. I couldn't catch him, and he was at my uncles house chewing on a bone. So I thought to myself, ok, he'll be fine, I'll just leave him outside. I left at 1pm. I get a call at 2:15pm from my neighbor saying Brownie had been poisoned. I am 2 counties away, so I couldn't get there in time. My uncle ended up taking him to the vet, and he didn't make it. :(

I have 5 neighbors, and I live in the sticks. Each house is at least 500-600 yards away from each other.

I suspect 2 of my neighbors, but I don't know what to do to get revenge? Should I get revenge? Or should I just drop it? They killed 3 dogs, 1 cat, and another dog is really sick, it barely made it through it. What in the fuck do I do?

RIP Brownie.

IMG00140_93b758f6e7afc3aa756e2d171ef41562cf2a6d9d.jpg

2. Dec 2, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    start filing paperwork with the local sheriffs dept

3. Dec 2, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Very sorry to hear of your loss. Have you contacted the local LEO?

4. Dec 2, 2009 at 9:48 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    agreed. Get them where it hurts the most - wallet. You go over there with a shovel and you'll be the one in the back of a squad car..

Sorry bud.. if this were me it'd take everything in the world for me not to go over there and burn their house down..!

5. Dec 2, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Start with LEO.

6. Dec 2, 2009 at 9:51 AM
    j_cyrus

j_cyrus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rickman TN
    My brother is a deputy actually. He had an investigator collect some vomit, and dog crap for testing I guess? The sheriff told my brother to stay out of it since it was personal. I have a feeling they aren't going to do a damn thing about it though.

7. Dec 2, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    so sorry about Brownie
    i cant tell you what to do .
    i know what i would do
    Iam so sorry

8. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:04 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    The right thing to do is far from what I'd want to do in that situation. This is absolutely horrible. :(

9. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    Sorry for the loss of your dogs.
    I would definatly take a walk around the property lines and see if there is tainted meat around. We had some fucktard doing that up here. They would go by a place where people walked thier dogs and put poisened meat all over.

10. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    Sorry for your loss!!
    Contact your local LEO, like chris4x4 suggested!!
    Don't take matters into your on hands, it's not worth it!!

11. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    ..seriously? You should be allowed to shoot fuckers that do that stuff. People like that shouldnt be allowed the same freedoms as i have. Like.. use of their legs.. or vision.

12. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a dog is a hard thing to do. Just remember the good times. As much as you, and a lot of us here too, would love to put a bullet in the guys skull, only you will get in trouble. I think the best thing to do is contact local LEO and animal control and start an investigation. Best of luck. I hope the cock sucker gets what he deserves!!

13. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    sorry to hear about your loss man.

file some paperwork with johnny law first.

Make sure you dont have any poisonous plants or anything. Certain things that grow naturally can be very poisonous to dogs. Maybe you have something growing out there that caused it...

14. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM
    warpwr

warpwr Junior Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vaughn
    S.F. Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport Access Cab
    DRL mod with switch, rear spring TSB, trans TSB, tailgate mod, snug-top shell.
    You could also contact the nearest ASPCA.
    They have the authority to arrest animal cruelty perps, obtain warrants, etc.

http://www.spcatn.org/contact.htm

Don't know if that will help you but they may start an investigation for you or point you in the right direction.
    Pet poisoning is a serious crime whether your local sheriff thinks so or not.

15. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM
    CO-DayTripper

CO-DayTripper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '08 V6 PreRunner SR5
    ARE top, D-Ring install, tailgate anti-thief mod, iPod adapter, rear power bank
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I love my animals, so I can imagine what you're going through. And, as tempting it is to take revenge, it's not worth it.

I was in the same boat when I first moved out in the country. The best thing you could do is get a fence. That is the only way you're going to secure your dogs from access to anyone else. Then, if they step into your yard to hurt your dogs... well, you know the rest.

If evidence can be gathered, depending on the animal cruelty laws in your state, they may be able to press charges for felony animal abuse, although most southern states have very weak laws for protecting animals.

Good luck, and I hope you get this resolved for the sake of the animals. Mine are in the attached photo.

The Gang.jpg

16. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    Set their house on fire...

17. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Have the vet figure out exactly what poisoned your dog, if possible. This will help your local law enforcement agency if they are willing to pursue the case. I would definitely contact the police though if you suspect your dog was poisoned.

If you have an SPCA in the area, I would also give them a call.

Sorry to hear about your dog. :(

18. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I'd call the police for sure...I'd also go knock on the neighbors door and be like WTF!!!

19. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    thats really sick to think someone would do that to an animal. Are you sure the animals that have died didnt find something while running around?? its just a thought and sorry to hear this happened. I know what I would do but you should just let the police or?? handle it then if that fails break some bones if you know forsure of the asshole responsible.

20. Dec 2, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    x2 It pisses me of we have to share our air with these fucks!!!! :mad:

Products Discussed in

To Top