1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kinda OT, Kinda not. Tire talk.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Krazie Sj, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Dec 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj [OP] Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    So our Ambulance service refuses to put anything other than Michelin LTX M/S on our rigs. We don't have 4x4 on them and we have fucking Canadian winters. Now I had the LTX M/S on my truck before, and as a 3 season tire they were top fucking notch. Smooth car like ride. Excellent wet and dry traction. But they sucked in snow and ice. Badly.

So today we get dispatched out and honestly, we got the ambulance stuck in a snow drift ½'-1'. My partner switched me spots to see if I could get the rig out, and they she just took off down the block on foot while I inched the fucking ambulance down the road. Eventually a citizen with his 2500 Cummins just pulled out, helped me throw a tow chain around the sway bar (that's right, there's no tow hook on the front of our rigs either) and dragged me down the street.

I left a note on our white board saying that if we don't get new tires, we should no longer call ourselves EMS, but instead switch to just MS, cause we sure as fuck aren't responding to medical calls in any 'Emergent' fashion when we have to be pulled down the town's street by a citizen.

Rant over.

PS - What kind of tires do other services have on their rigs? Do you switch to winter tires? Have more aggressive M/S like BFG ATs? Or do you just throw the snow chains on?

2. Dec 5, 2009 at 1:23 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    seeing as how we have significant snow once every 5 or 6 years

we run the same tires all year round...we have some cars on BFGs and some on Goodyears

Products Discussed in

To Top