Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Toyotanation?

Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #21
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
For those of you who have that supreme membership thing from TN, which parts of it actually made you sign up for it?
  • Supreme Member Tags
  • Bold/Color Username
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Increased Photo Gallery Storage
  • Increased Avatar Size
  • Increased Signature Image Size
  • Less Ads
  • Ability to turn Sidebar off on All Pages
None of that did it for me, so I never signed up for that. Not to mention I can block half the shit with FF and AdBlock+.

They were trying to get access to Toyota service info, TSBs, etc with the paid membership. That didn't do it for me either as I got the FSM for free, and most people post TSBs as soon as they hear about them anyway.

And quite frankly, the way things are going I'll never pay to play there.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #22
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Those didn't really do it for me, but they were a little tempting. Increased PM and photo gallery would be nice.

I can't think of anything more from TW that I'd like.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #23
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Watcha got up your sleeve, tcBob?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #24
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Bob, I hope you're ready for the onslaught. I'm thinking mass exodus to TW.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #25
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Better beef up border patrol.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #26
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Those didn't really do it for me, but they were a little tempting. Increased PM and photo gallery would be nice.

bah.... I dump everything on photobucket anyway since I post across multiple forums. No point in paying for something I get for free.

And we have less PM storage on here, so I've learned to clean out the old ones.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #27
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bob, I hope you're ready for the onslaught. I'm thinking mass exodus to TW.
+1 It's really starting to suck over there. Moving stuff around, deleting threads where people go at it, deleting interesting(read argumental) threads, everybody's supposed to hold hands and sing. I sent a few inquiring pm's about some of it, but I guess my thread count wasn't high enough, so I get the "noob" gruffy answer back.
Alot of people I used to see there seldom show up anymore. The whole site reeks of "corporate management".

Tacoma Welt besser ist = Tacoma World is better
Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #28
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
bah.... I dump everything on photobucket anyway since I post across multiple forums. No point in paying for something I get for free.

And we have less PM storage on here, so I've learned to clean out the old ones.
Just bumped everybody to 300 PM limit (was previously at 50).
Old 03-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #29
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
woo hoo! Thanks Bob!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #30
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Just bumped everybody to 300 PM limit (was previously at 50).
no shit! It's like gmail! I'll never have to delete them!

Quote:
woo hoo! Thanks Bob!
x2!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #31

Damn! I wasted 5 minutes earlier today deleting PM's. 5 minutes of my life.....gone forever. Thanks Bob......no deleting = more mods
Old 03-05-2008, 03:48 AM   #32
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
300 pm = kickass!! thanks bob!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #33
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Job TCBob this site rocks !
Old 03-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #34
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
True, but give TW some time. We're not even 2 years old yet. Not to mention, we are way more awesomer than TN.
I dont want TW to get big like TN. If i had to chose between my favorite local pub with some good friends or a huge LA night club full of annoying strangers and constant fights, i'd take my local pub any day. TW is like my local pub. If it gets too big then its gonna suck. Bob will have to make a "grandfather" site where all the old members can be hang out and be a little more exclusive. (hint hint )

Quote:
For those of you who have that supreme membership thing from TN, which parts of it actually made you sign up for it?
  • Supreme Member Tags
  • Bold/Color Username
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Increased Photo Gallery Storage
  • Increased Avatar Size
  • Increased Signature Image Size
  • Less Ads
  • Ability to turn Sidebar off on All Pages
Just out of curiosity what does it cost for supreme membership? The only thing i could see being more attractive is the PM storage and maybe Gallary Storage
Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #35
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd like the power to ban whoever i want but other than that i dont need anything.

BTW, thanks for the extra PM space Bob!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #36
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post

Just out of curiosity what does it cost for supreme membership? The only thing i could see being more attractive is the PM storage and maybe Gallary Storage
I'm reading through all the posts and I'm wondering if there's a *cost* involved in getting special member areas (if they existed).
I don't need the other perks - as I have my own storage media (webpage). And don't need the PM space either.

How is this site supported financially? Just curious....
Old 03-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #37
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I'm reading through all the posts and I'm wondering if there's a *cost* involved in getting special member areas (if they existed).
I don't need the other perks - as I have my own storage media (webpage). And don't need the PM space either.

How is this site supported financially? Just curious....

I think it's $25, but I'm not sure. I didn't see anything that would warrant paying money myself.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #38
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I still like TW the best. Even if I got rid of my Tacoma and got another Jetta, I would rather be here than anywhere else.

(note: this may be my last post as I will soon be executed for blasphemous remarks of getting rid of my Tacoma - farewell...)
Old 03-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #39

Quote:
I'd like the power to ban whoever i want but other than that i dont need anything.

BTW, thanks for the extra PM space Bob!
You know there's an option to "ignore" members of your choice, don't you?
Old 03-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #40
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
You know there's an option to "ignore" members of your choice, don't you?
Who would he talk to then? He'd ignore everyone on the site if he used it!