1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USAF U2 chase car (video)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by neontrail, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Dec 19, 2009 at 11:00 AM
    neontrail

neontrail [OP] ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
  2. Dec 19, 2009 at 1:46 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    That's pretty cool. I got to see them fly around last December when I was at their base for some training. Really cool plane. They call them the dragon lady. Looks awkward when it just flies around.

3. Dec 20, 2009 at 12:43 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    my dad used to fly these planes and i got to chase on a few of those exercises. its actually pretty cool. they need the chase car because it lands on only two wheels instead of the usual three. the person in the car acts as a spotter and tells them how high they are off the ground and if they are tilted at all. and when they land they have a crew ready and they run underneath the winds with big sticks with wheels on the end so that the plane can taxi into the hanger without dragging its wheels on the ground.

Products Discussed in

To Top