1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Christmas Blues

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by concrete jedi, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:35 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Is it me or is this Christmas season going in the dumper, my wife is REALLY bumming out, making my life and for all that cross hers a living HELL!!! We are fortunate, both have jobs, paying bills, healthy. I try explaining this to her, but she wants nothing to do with it. If this was a football game, I would drop back 4 and punt.

2. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:36 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Sorry to hear this man.

3. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Sorry to hear man... :(

4. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    sorry to hear this. does she have a reason to dislike christmas?

5. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:39 PM
    applawman

applawman Well-Known Member

Member:
    OBX
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC SB Pre-Runner
    you know.....sometimes people (women) need Love most, when they deserve it the least.....

6. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I'm right there with you, my wife gets more and more stressed out the closer it gets. Her parents are crazy, and her brother's even worse. They manage to find something wrong with something every year, so my wife just starts to anticipate what the problem will be this year and gets all worked up and worried before anything happens.

7. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Sorry to hear this too. I'm not really very good at advice, but vent all you want. Lots of sympathetic folks on here who might be able to help.

8. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    i hear ya man...seems like this year, no one has the holiday spirt. There just all about buying,buying,buying.

I'm afraid to see what next year will be like

9. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    mb_edgar

mb_edgar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan Beach
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road Pack
    6000k headlights and fog lights, L.E.D lightning all around, satoshi grill, hella 5100's behind the grill, pnasonic in dash, dual fosgates ps3's behind back seat, powder coated back bumper.
    well at least you guys have jobs. Im going on 4 months now...

10. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:48 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    sorry to hear buddy. sometimes...it just gets that way sometimes.

11. Dec 23, 2009 at 6:50 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Sorry to hear... Sounds like you & the wife need to GET AWAY from it all - literally.

This time of year...you spend more of your time preparing to cater to everyone else in your life.... yet you don't have 2 minutes to sit down and enjoy a quiet moment for yourself.

Make sure she's getting lots of sleep. Drinking lots of fluids (keep hydrated) and.. ask her if there's anything you can do for her.

Seriously.....women tend to have mental 'to do lists' that can get overwhelming to get them all done. When you can't get that list to a manageable size - it's stressfull and can temporarily wreck your self esteem.

Just guessing that she's overwhelmed right now?

12. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:07 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    It's not that uncommon. I refer to Christmas as a season of obligation because of all the random crap that's expected of everyone. How many times have people had to ask others what they want for Christmas? If you don't know someone well enough to know their passions, hobbies, interests, etc., you shouldn't have to buy for them.

Personally, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's all the food, family, and fun that Christmas is supposed to be without the expenses and obligations.

Holiday stuff aside, tell her to go tanning. Seriously. The short days suck and affect people's moods more than most realize. We're built to be in the sun but most spend their days indoors and commute in the dark both morning and night. 15 minutes in a tanning bed does wonders for both body and mind. Warm up and make some Vitamin D. :)

13. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    That is a bummer. I would try to take some of the holiday work load off her so both of yall will be less stressed out. Hopefully she'll see what your trying to do and calm down...From reading your mod list I can tell your a funny guy so make her laugh every once in a while.

14. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:18 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors

Sorry to hear about this. Is there a reason for her to feel like this? (death in the family) Get her some flowers (her favorites). Get them delivered to her work.

15. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:30 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    My wife is the same way, stresses out every year about xmas. Everything is so damn expensive and with no pay raise this year keeping up with xmas has been a struggle. Thank God for beer. I'm looking foward to December 26th when it's all over. I told my wife I didn't want anything for xmas except for unlimited sex whenever I wanted it. I always ask for that and it never happens!

16. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:33 AM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap
    Ghost of Christmas past maybe? Lots of people get bummed around the holidays. Maybe she needs to talk about it.

Maybe she fed up because she is the one that has to do all the shopping, card writing, cooking and so on? Might need a helping hand. Course, if she has to ask for it, you're in bigger trouble.

Have you got a little extra cheddar in your pocket? These days nice diamond jewelry gifts can be bought for a hundred bucks or less.

Give a gift to her asap and see if it doesn't turn things around enormously. Get a corked bottle of champagne for New Years eve too. You'll be golden for a week or two at least. :D

17. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:47 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    You must have been a naughty boy.....:eek:

18. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:58 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:

This is just me - and not necessarily all the other ladies...

Gifts are nice but they don't necessarily take-away from the hectic-ness of the holidays. Maybe I'm old & weird...but I value TIME with my husband far more than a gift. Sometimes, it's soooo much nicer just to cuddle up by the fire place and watch a movie. I'm not a materialistic person.... Some ladies might be.

I'm excited to see the family and eat & drink & be merry....but up till tonight, I'm personally busting my butt to get things done. I'm glad I took 2 weks off. I don't know how I would've gotten this shit done and have to work 8 hours each day.

Concrete jedi - are you both free this weekend (no relatives, no plans)?
    I'd suggest helping her get *caught up* with things (ask, she'll tell you). Offer to do the grocery shopping (if needed). Take her out to dinner so she doesn't have to cook. Sit her down by the TV...watch a movie...have a few drinks... and relax.

Cheers!

19. Dec 23, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    bake some special holiday brownies with shrooms in them works everytime

20. Dec 23, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    The best way to satisfy your wife's desire for happiness is to show her that you love her. I know it sounds cheesy, but write her a short list of five reasons why you love her, and just leave it somewhere she will find it. Do what Janster said, take her out to dinner and just be there for her, she doesn't want you to solve the problem just listen to it and understand. I am still getting the hang of it with my fiance (we have been together for 4 years now) but it helps trust me. Best of luck to you man, try the above and I think she will come around :)

Products Discussed in

To Top