1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Been pulled over and gotten out of a ticket or even an arrest? Lets hear your story!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by NorthXNorthwest, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    got stopped twice - once i did get a ticket and the other i did not.

ticket - i was going 47 in a 25. i didn't even know it was a 25 zone, i was out in the middle of nowhere and next thing i know there's some idiot standing in the middle of the road flapping his arms. turns out that idiot was a cop. i think what clinched it for me that i was getting a ticket was my response to his comment of "i was wondering if you were going to stop..." i told him that i only slowed down because i thought he was stranded and needed help.

no ticket - 25 in a school zone. didn't get a ticket because i had my friends little boy - 8 mo. at the time - in the back. the second i stopped he started crying. i explained that i was out driving around trying to get him to go to sleep. cop had kids too so he understood.

2. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    HA! oh my i have a great one... we didnt get almost arrested but it was funny as hell...
    ok so im 18 and out of highschool and this happened over this past summer...

so me and like 7 of my friends were out skating (they are all really gnarly skate rats) and we heard some yelling but it sounded like little kids so we went and checked it out and it was at a park at this local middle school and the field is huge... so we just walked up the field casually and sat about 100 yards away and watched these little 8th grader kids bitching at eachother over this beat ass fat chick that was like 13... so after like 10 minutes of watching them yelling eachother we decided it would be fun to encurage them to fight. sooooo we started yelling like fight you pussies and dumb stuff like that... so i started to walk over and root them on a little and as i was walking down one of the kids was all "who do you want to win... me? or this pussy" so i thought i was hilarious so i said "YOU!! that other kid is a ****** kick his ass!" so when i said that my friends walked down and then we were talking to them and yelling at them and telling them to fight (they threw a few punches to the face but it was mostly bitching) so my buddy steven (hes super outgoing and funny) went down and started harrassing the kids with "verbal abuse" just to root them on to get fighting for real.... so one of the kids was trying to get a truce and the other kid played along and said shure and right when they went to shake hands the kid said psyche and tackled the other kid (cheap shotted him) and started hitting him in the head. my buddy steven was not cool with it so he got down and grabbed the kid knocked him on his head and threw him on the ground and helped the other kid up.... so more bitching goes on for a while and sure enough a cop comes barreling in super fast with his lights on and everything... so we were over it and started walking away and the cop yelled at us and told us to come back so we did and obviously we gave him a bunch of bs about how we just got there and we were all skating and how no one was fighting (basically covering for the 8th grade kids) so he just said "alright well get the hell out of here" so we all left...... it was funny as hell i was cracking up the whole time.

3. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:48 PM
    texasbowhunter

texasbowhunter Third Coast

Member:
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab 4x4 TRD
    Tinted Windows, Moto Metal 955's, Cooper 305/70/16 STT's, Deckplate Mod.,AFE Pro Dry, Toytec Coilovers, 2" AAL, Diff. Drop, Bilstein 5100's On the Corners, Alpine 10" Sub, Alpine 305 Head, Polk Mids
    I have been pulled over 4 times since I've gotten my CHL and every cop has given me a warning. Before I had my Concealed I never got a warning.

4. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:50 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Pulled over 3 times, no tickets to show for it :cool: And for one of those I was going 60 in a 40, haha.

5. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    cko

cko Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NoVa
    Vehicle:
    '09 Timberland Mica DC/LB
    All these stories of getting off of tickets, you all are some kinda lucky. I can count on one hand the number of people I know that've gotten off with a warning or nothing. If you're a teenager on a weekend night, you might as well expect a search of your vehicle.

If yall ever wanna send some of the "good cop" types over here to Northern Virginia be my guest :annoyed:

6. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    NorthXNorthwest

NorthXNorthwest [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Myrtle Creek, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport DC 4X4 Not Debaged
    BHLM, Ultra Mammoths, Husky mats, K&N non true CAI, window tint, Avid Steps and light bar.

Pretty sure deep down the dude misses that type of stuff lol

7. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Know your rights- They can't just search your car because you are a teenager.

8. Dec 29, 2009 at 7:50 PM
    qballenko

qballenko Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD
    Only been pulled over once and got a ticket. Two miles from the AZ-Cali border. Was only going 65 in a 70 but of course being California the speed limit for pulling trailers is 55. Thanks CHP!

9. Dec 29, 2009 at 8:01 PM
    KaoskrewPB

KaoskrewPB -Empty-

Member:
    First was 80 in a 70- 270 dollars, second was carpooling solo along with following too close to the vehicle ahead of me- 667 dollars, third 83 in a 65. Still waiting to get that one in the mail.

All 3 times no seat belt and all the officers let me slide on it.

10. Dec 30, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    aaronatl

aaronatl ©1975

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron Nrsa
    In A Big Country
    Vehicle:
    it hauls tostitos

11. Dec 31, 2009 at 3:51 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    first...you said taillight was out...you didnt say the lens was broken with tape over it...

not that that changes my statements

you came across like you were entitled to some sort of special privileges because of who your family is and what theyve earned

cops arent going to get bent out of shape for no reason

you even said yourself your buddy flipped him the bird when you drove off

i'm betting you arent telling us the entire story...about how you gave the cop attitude or tried to name drop...or something else

grow up and have some respect for the people who put their lives on the line every day to keep you safe

12. Dec 31, 2009 at 4:44 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    I got pulled over last night, 1st time in about 6 years or so. I was speeding, I try not to make a habit out of it, but I just wasn't paying much attention and I was the only vehicle on the road, so I was just cruising...anyway he pulls behind me in the turn lane and when the light turns green he turns on the lights, so I make the turn and pull into a shopping center and park. He walks up and asks me to roll down the back window, front was already down, he says "why did you pull into the parking lot?" and I reply "I'm under the impression that pulling into a parking lot is acceptable" to which he replies "its not, pull over on the street, blah blah" :rolleyes:..well he lit me up in an intersection, the 1st thing on the right was a bus stop and the street does not have an emergency lane, but whatever because it is perfectly acceptable for me to pull into a well lit occupied parking lot instead of staying on a busy street or turning down a dark road. So, then he says "had a few drinks tonight" and I'm like you have got to be kidding me cause I don't drink! so I say "none at all" and he says "your eyes look a little glassy" (yeah well I ain't been sleeping so much) and has me follow his finger :rolleyes:...so he takes my paperwork and goes back to his car, then comes back to my window and says "so what happened with the police cadet program" Yup that's right I spent 3 years on the PD, but I never mention it and now you want to be buddy buddy with me :rolleyes: so I tell him I had a medical problem and had to leave the department, now he wants to know if I'd considered testing for the PD again, I've been gone about 5 years so take the hint no I don't want to work on the PD..so I say "No I work for the county now" and he's like "oh doing what" and I'm like "dispatch at the convention center" and he says "I used to work there many years ago"...anyways he doesn't give me a ticket and just tells me to watch my speed and always pull immediately to the right of the road. He didn't do any of the steps taught in a vehicle stop and was pretty much an ass till he saw I'd been on the department.

I'd rather a cop treat me with respect from the beginning and write me a ticket than treat me like I'm some POS dirtbag till he finds out I was on the PD myself. It might be his personal pet peeve of people pulling into parking lots, but it is still perfectly acceptable to do so.

13. Dec 31, 2009 at 4:58 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    My other story...about 6 or so years ago, I was pretty new on the police department and in the cadet program at the time and I was young...I was driving home from work, my uniforms were clearly visable on the back seat of the car..I was speeding and a traffic sergeant pulls me over, now I'm nervous cause I'm new on the department, my sergeant is going to be mad, this sergeant is going to give me a hard time I'm sure. So he walks up, goes through the procedure and asks for my paperwork, I reach over to get it and realize my gun is sitting between the seats and I'm reaching over it, but obviously he didn't see it...so now I'm really freaking out cause I didn't mention it and if he sees it now he is going to freak out, well he didn't notice my uniforms either..so I hand him my paperwork and he goes back to his bike. I cover the gun and just wait, he comes back and gives me a ticket, so I sign it and off I go. Then I call my training officer and tell him what happened, he told me don't worry and he'd take care of it for me and I didn't have to tell my sergeant cause this sergeant never figured out I was an employee.

At least he was respectful to me the entire time, but he really should have been paying more attention. Traffic stops are one of the most dangerous things a cop does, I could have shot this cop and they wouldn't have known who did it cause he didn't call in the stop till after he had my paperwork and was heading back to his bike. Here I was brand new on the streets out of the academy and I was just shocked by this.

14. Dec 31, 2009 at 7:04 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    +1- You are now back peddling. Spent the majority of that post talking about who you know and what they can do for you. THAT is entitlement. If you were offended on the merits of the situation- Should talked about that instead of how your mommy or auntie or who ever was going to fix it for you.

15. Dec 31, 2009 at 3:04 PM
    aaronatl

aaronatl ©1975

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron Nrsa
    In A Big Country
    Vehicle:
    it hauls tostitos
    lol, I never used them to get out of anything nor did I name drop

16. Dec 31, 2009 at 10:42 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    Half truth is usually what is given to us. A person will most likely give their side of the story and make it look in their favor. Well said Tigerfan00

17. Dec 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Been pulled over twice...

CHULA VISTA 5N @ L STREET
    1) In my 1998 Nissan 200SX SE for speeding on the freeway. I saw the cop merging and I decided to get off the freeway. When asked if I knew why I was pulled over I said probably for speeding, BUT I quickly added to that that I sped up to pass the car on my right I was approaching to get off the freeway. He looked over my info and then questioned who the people were on the registration (my In-laws). He said ok. He gave me the option to slow down. :D

PACIFIC BEACH @ MISSION BAY DRIVE
    2) The 2nd time was in my 1986.5 Nissan Hardbody. I ran a red light. There was a cop (first car) at the intersection. Instead of making a left, he turned on his lights and made a right right towards me. The cool thing I did was immediately pull over because I was entering a freeway onramp. He took my info and said asked why I had pulled over. Haha, I told him the light turned yellow at that point I could have stopped hard or let off the gas and roll through the light. I choose the one and noticed you there. Once he made the right, I knew he was coming after me.

Don't get me wrong...
    Been pulled over 2 other times for speeding and was given a ticket. :(
    Once coming from San Francisco and another time in San Diego again in my 2000 Altima off Home Ave.

Products Discussed in

To Top