1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you tip furniture/appliance delivery guys?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by z33tec, Dec 29, 2009.

?

Do you tip furniture/appliance delivery guys?

Poll closed Jan 28, 2010.
  1. Yes.

27.7%
  2. Only if there was no delivery charge from the store.

21.5%
  3. No.

50.8%
  1. Dec 30, 2009 at 7:52 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I have worked my ass off since i was 15, I worked 40 hours a week as a full time high school student. and since then have worked my ass off to overcome the poverty i grew up with. I now own my house. And have lots of nice stuff. (including a Tacoma) And don't mind SHARING the fruits of my labor, When i can. Like the way people in this cuntry used to do. A LONG time ago... When we used to say hello to our neighbors.

2. Dec 30, 2009 at 8:19 AM
    tanktodd

tanktodd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    back on the right side of the bay, Ala
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner w/TRD Sport Pkg
    Limo tint in back w/ 20% on doors. Removed all badges. Stereo headunit, all new door speakers, 2 amps, and 10' sub...so far Black bullbar MotoMetals and 285/70/17 Duratracs. 3" OME springs in front and aal in back with tsb springs Black UWS tool box 5100's all around Plasti-dipped evo front end Fog light anytime mod OEM steps (for sale) HID fogs 55w 3000k HID heads 35 w 6000k "Cool white" dome & map lights
    I'll usually tip especially if they move some extra for me. If i'm getting a new dresser and they move the old one then they'll get a little extra.

3. Dec 30, 2009 at 8:27 AM
    TimberT

TimberT Timberlicious

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 DC
    N-fab Nerfs, Weathertech Liners, Bed Mat, Eibach Springs, AFE Pro Dry filter, Dog slobber
    A long time ago a tip was something to be earned and not expected. That's my main gripe nowadays - young people feel like they're entitled just because they're doing what has always been expected of their fathers and grandfather's generation. If you want to SHARE your fruit, go spend some time with a disabled vet or sick child - I personally don't subscribe to any charity cases for kids that are having a hard time making ends meet while making payments on their Tacoma lift kit.

4. Dec 30, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    LOL at how hard ^ that guy is working for stereo types.

I have a 30 year old cousin who makes her living as a food server. She's good at it and enjoys working in the food industry (she also writes reviews for a local paper in her area). But guess what...Tips are a fair portion of her income....and doesn't have a car or a house that's twice what she needs/can afford.
    It's pretty presumptuous of you to think that every server is a charity case looking for your hand out and to lump "those damn kids" into a group.

5. Dec 30, 2009 at 8:59 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Good, then you can understand my position.

6. Dec 30, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    NeoMoose

NeoMoose Possibly Batman

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner DC TRD O.R.
    Kenwood eXcelon X993, Kenwood KFC-1693PS (Front), Kenwood KFC-G1620 (Rear), Luverne Black Nerf Bars, OEM Brush Guard, AFE Pro Dry S Drop-In, Some kickass wheel locks, Removed front mud flaps, All windows tinted, Anti-theft tailgate mod
    Sure, if the install is reasonably priced, but it seems like $85 just to drop a microwave off at my house (like im having done today) is a ripoff.

Products Discussed in

To Top