Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone else quit smoking?

Old 01-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i gotta quit again.......soon.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you PackerfanXD! Its not a good time and its never easy but you'll be glad you did it! Best of luck to you.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
I will quit....................................when we have a baby on the way.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ese Loco View Post
Good for you PackerfanXD! Its not a good time and its never easy but you'll be glad you did it! Best of luck to you.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afwrestler1986 View Post
I will quit....................................when we have a baby on the way.
That's what I said 16yrs ago.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
Im trying to. Its been 12 hours and counting. I was up at 6 am raiding the fridge....lol
Old 01-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Thanks!

That's what I said 16yrs ago.
It shouldn't be too bad when I do. I can go for a week at a time without smoking alright. I will NEVER use Chantix again though. good Luck man.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #9
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
nice work! I quit smoking in October, but i like dipping so that stuck around. have a bet going with three fellow dippers to quit for the new year. so far so good...
Old 01-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #12
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I finally called it quits after 30 years of smoking all kinds of stuff. While laid up in the hospital due to a stroke, the doctor said "congratulations, your now a non smoker"...now I just need to get off the dam Nicorette gum!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Quit smoking 10 years ago, never looked back.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #14
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Long time quitter

Great for all of you making a true effort to quit smoking. I personally know how difficult it can be. Stopped 25 years ago just before my first born.
I can tell you a couple of things. You will enjoy the food more. You will smell better. More people will enjoy being around you. Your friends and family will forgive you for being such a _ick head while going through any withdrawl from smoking.
One tip I learned. Stay away from old habits for as long as you can. If you always eat in your easy chair and a smoke happens right after, eat standing or in the kitchen. Key is don't follow the same old pattern.
Last item. If you quit you will have boocoo money for all your mods.

Happy New Year and congrats to those who are giving it their best. K
Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I used Chantix... been smoke free for 1 year and 1 month... not a day goes by without me thinking about it..

On another note... had a great cigar last night...
Old 01-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #16
The clown has no penis...
smallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to all

Name: Brian
smallcandle's Tacoma Gallery
Quit cold-turkey 7 1/2 years ago. Stick with it - it is definately worth it! Just keep telling yourself that you don't care about tomorrow but that you won't smoke today.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #17
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
I made it about 45 minutes.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #18
bigsur is on a distinguished road
Name: Stephen
bigsur's Tacoma Gallery
Giving quitting a shot today. I try to quit about 4 times a year and made it a few months once. I have been smoking about a pack a day for the entire 00's, and not a day before, and so far not a day after. I am 25 now.

Not going to use any nicotine products (no gum) but I may call a Dr. friend and get a Chantix prescription called in and give that a shot.

Here are some photos from my front porch yesterday afternoon. If I am too stressed here to deal with life without cigarettes, its never gonna happen:

Old 01-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #19
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
not a day goes by without me thinking about it
I'm that way with snuff Mike. Quit 10 years ago and still carry mints for when I get a craving.

Commit your mind over matter. You all can do it. Little ones that depend on you will be gratefull.

My father-in-law is nearly bed ridden now due to years of heavy smoking and heavy drinking. He would love to teach my kids to birdhunt, shoot guns and fish, but he can't get out of the house very easily. He's in his mid 60's which is too young to have serious health issues, all thanks to smoking and alchohol. This is not me speaking, but the words I painfully hear him tell my children.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #20
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
to the OP and anyone else that want to quit smoking...you have to WANT to do it. You CAN do it. But, you have to say to yourself, enough. I quit about six years ago when my wife was pregnant with our son. I got tired of sneaking, even though she didn't seem to care. I may sport a few extra pounds because of it, but I won't be a slave to an oxygen tank, coughing, wheezing, and gasping for air. It's not a pretty sight, I see it all the time. I can't say it enough, so with that, I am getting off the soapbox. Good luck to you, you have my support.