Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

need some input for the cigar smokers

Old 01-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
need some input for the cigar smokers

Hey guys, im going out west to vegas then through l.a and san fran then to yosemite this summer with a few buddies on a road trip. camping the whole way for 3.5 weeks! never smoked anything in my entire life but would like to have an occasional cigar while im out there. ? is... its gonna have to be fairly cheap can i get by just spending 10 bucks and have something decent? what brands are good? i have no f'ing clue what i should look for...

help me out!

thanks!

edit... damn... was supposed to be from the cigars smokers! my bad! mods? can you change it?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
You can actually earn money by smoking a cigar in San Francisco.

(Sorry, I had to be the smart @$$.)
Old 01-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterquad View Post
You can actually earn money by smoking a cigar in San Francisco.

(Sorry, I had to be the smart @$$.)

yeh... i know im not gonna get to smoke anything in cali. GAY! but when im in vegas and moab. i know there are quite a few cigar shops in vegas.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product...01/pc/8335.uts

Old 01-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
krisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kris
krisjw101's Tacoma Gallery
The cigars that I like a lot are; Onyx Reserve, Nubs, and Acids. They have some different flavors and stuff as well. The onyx are pretty strong but really tasty. Nubs are really good too but they are a smaller cigar, but dont be fooled they burn a long time. But my favorite are the Acid cigars, they are really sweet and pretty light. If you try any of these they run from $4 to $10 a piece. Another tip is if you buy them all at once and carry them with you put them in a zip lock bag and keep them out of the sun, so they don't dry out.
Hope you find something you like, ENJOY!!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
sc426hemi will become famous soon enoughsc426hemi will become famous soon enough
Air Force: C-130 loadmaster
Name: Wayne
sc426hemi's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sc426hemi
my personal favorite is the rocky pattel vintage 1990 and vintage connecticut. Ashton is pretty good if you want something with a little spice and monte christo classic edition is great too
Old 01-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend that you start cigar smoking before your trip. First time smokers can get a little lightheaded, buzzy, and even sick, especially when combined with alcohol. Best to get this out of the way at home before your trip.

If you have a good cigar shop or tobacconist in your area, try going there. Weekdays are great days to go since they won't be busy and can spend time with you. Admit you're a newbie and ask for some recommendations for a first timer. Smoke something crappy like Black & Milds or Jewels Sweets (both available at 7-11) before you go. You'll appreciate a good smoke more.

Total Wine is another great place to go for cigars. Their selection isn't as great as an actual tobacco shop, but their shelves have a little tags that decribe the flavors of each cigar.

Some tips I've learned from other smokers;
-Smoke slow. Puffing quick makes the tobacco burn hot. It kills the flavor and you can get 'tongue bite' easily.

-Let the smoke waft out of your mouth. Try breathing in through your nose. You'll get more flavor out of it.

-Don't let your tobacco dry out. They're kept in a humidity controlled room or case at a shop.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
I recommend that you start cigar smoking before your trip. First time smokers can get a little lightheaded, buzzy, and even sick, especially when combined with alcohol. Best to get this out of the way at home before your trip.

If you have a good cigar shop or tobacconist in your area, try going there. Weekdays are great days to go since they won't be busy and can spend time with you. Admit you're a newbie and ask for some recommendations for a first timer. Smoke something crappy like Black & Milds or Jewels Sweets (both available at 7-11) before you go. You'll appreciate a good smoke more.

Total Wine is another great place to go for cigars. Their selection isn't as great as an actual tobacco shop, but their shelves have a little tags that decribe the flavors of each cigar.

-Smoke slow. Puffing quick makes the tobacco burn hot. It kills the flavor and you can get 'tongue bite' easily.

-Let the smoke waft out of your mouth. Try breathing in through your nose. You'll get more flavor out of it.

-Don't let your tobacco dry out. They're kept in a humidity controlled room or case at a shop.
This man is basically a genius. +1 to what he said.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Great advice
Old 01-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #10

Firefighter:
Quote:

THANKS!!!! i know exactly where to get black n milds. my dad used to smoke them all the time. im concerned about keeping them in the car though. im going out there in the heat of the summer. if i put them anywhere, where would be the best place? glove box? i will have a couple coolers too.... maybe put them in one of the top lids (that can be accessed from the outside of the cooler) not directly on ice but not exposed to the heat either?
Old 01-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
check put puff.com

good site for cigars and pipes, but mostly cigars.

i think 3 sites merged to form that one, so there is a ton of info. cigars can be as addicting as truck mods. while they them selves aren't addicting, the time spent, and the relaxing it takes to enjoy a good smoke (45-60 minutes) is addicting. your taste will quickly go to high end smokes. buy online, much cheaper too
Old 01-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #12

Firefighter:
thanks yota1 checking it out now
Old 01-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #13
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
THANKS!!!! i know exactly where to get black n milds. my dad used to smoke them all the time. im concerned about keeping them in the car though. im going out there in the heat of the summer. if i put them anywhere, where would be the best place? glove box? i will have a couple coolers too.... maybe put them in one of the top lids (that can be accessed from the outside of the cooler) not directly on ice but not exposed to the heat either?
travel humidor, less them 50 bucks, or a zip lock baggie with a 1" by 1" sponge damp with distilled water in the ziplock bag will get a few days.

long term, humidor with a hydrometer. humidity and temp are can change a cigar drastically.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #14

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota1 View Post
travel humidor, less them 50 bucks, or a zip lock baggie with a 1" by 1" sponge damp with distilled water in the ziplock bag will get a few days.

long term, humidor with a hydrometer. humidity and temp are can change a cigar drastically.
k i will check into one of those. im sure between the 3 of us going.... we will get good use out of it. i know the others smoke cigars frequently.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #15
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Depending on how much of a habit cigars are going to be for you....A humidor is a worthwhile investment.

I have this one: http://www.2ndstreet-cigars.com/perfectoxlt.html
It's great for traveling and keeps cigars decently well...I don't usually keep a stock of cigars...But I used that while deployed to sea.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #16
Fisters stay rock hard
Fister is on a distinguished road

Army: FA
Name: Derrick
Fister's Tacoma Gallery
Cigars international is a good site. I would try a mild cigar sampler pack if I was just starting off. Ghurka Triple Ligero is an excellent one as well as the Rocky Patell vintage 90 and 92's.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #17

Firefighter:
thanks for all the replies guys. do i need to worry about a cigar cutter (or whatever its called to snip the end off)?
Old 01-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #18
Fisters stay rock hard
Fister is on a distinguished road

Army: FA
Name: Derrick
Fister's Tacoma Gallery
If your buddies smoke alot they should have one but you can get one for cheap, I perfer a punch to the cutter, I like the draw with the punch better. But to be honest you could use a spent casing from say a .223 round as a punch to, if you do make sure that local laws don't prohibit the possesion of spent rounds.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #19
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
YES GET SOME SWISHERS!

or black and milds

u wont be let down
Old 01-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #20
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
and no with those u just light up and ur good to go