Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

so i finally got my dream job!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #22
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the congrats guys! as many have said, im definitely saving up for retirement. i love my job but dont wanna work my whole life. right now im set to retire at 55 with 85k a year to live on for 25 years. im putting a lot in my retirement fund. im also investing in gold, that crap's expensive but well worth it.

im very fortunate to have a job like this in west virginia. as many of you know wv is a coal-friendly state and we have many power plants in the state. with this job, im set for life. short drive to work and great pay. heck i was 20 years old and made 61k my first year. cant beat that.

now for this house hunting thing, closing costs are rediculous. thats all i got to say bout that.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #23
ACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Adam
ACBWV91's Tacoma Gallery
First of all congrats on the dream job, and im sure your gonna be loving that short drive there. My girlfriends dad got laid off from a company working at amos, but he liked it when he was there. One thing he did complained about was the guys in the parking lot throwing up gravel when leaving... He drives a red chevy 2500 and its got lots of chips in it now. You may be getting to know the guys at the body shop really well once you start working. Awsome truck btw.

Good luck with the job.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #24
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACBWV91 View Post
First of all congrats on the dream job, and im sure your gonna be loving that short drive there. My girlfriends dad got laid off from a company working at amos, but he liked it when he was there. One thing he did complained about was the guys in the parking lot throwing up gravel when leaving... He drives a red chevy 2500 and its got lots of chips in it now. You may be getting to know the guys at the body shop really well once you start working. Awsome truck btw.

Good luck with the job.
thanks for the congrats. what company did he work for? i know theres thousands of contractors there right now for the FGD tie-in. and ill be driving my 93 corolla to work so no worries about the taco. id never drive that thing to work lol
Old 01-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #26
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
congrats man! what will you be doing there? r u going to be in the IBEW? if so ull be my new brother!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #27
4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future

4low2go's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations
Old 01-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #28
ACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of light
ACBWV91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
thanks for the congrats. what company did he work for? i know theres thousands of contractors there right now for the FGD tie-in. and ill be driving my 93 corolla to work so no worries about the taco. id never drive that thing to work lol
haha that carolla is a good thing. I think he worked for Babcock and Wilcox, or at least he did at one point. Not too sure.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #30
ACBWV91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
I know where that plant is... right by I-64 headed towards Huntington right?
Thats the one!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #31
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats the one!
Kind of hard to miss with all the smoke (i know its not smoke, probably steam) billowing all over the place. I used to live in southern OH, so we drive by the place a couple times a year.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #32
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
CONGRATULATIONS on the new job.

You should also look into starting an IRA in addition to the 401 if you can.... Not sure what you will be making or what the limits are on one...
Old 01-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #34
df4iguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
df4iguy's Tacoma Gallery
take that money your saving on gas and put that into the IRA. haha.

Congrats man
Old 01-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #35
newfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud of

newfie8's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good on ya buddy!! Kinda reminds me of the girlfriend she is a public health nurse and has been driving 2 hours a day four the past 3 years to go and come from work and she just started her new job a couple days ago in the community we lives in and now she drives 5 minutes to and from work so a little thing i like to say " it always works out in the end"
Old 01-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamo23 View Post
congrats man! what will you be doing there? r u going to be in the IBEW? if so ull be my new brother!
yes i will be IBEW, i am currently UMWA though. so here soon i will be your new brother, bro!

Quote:
haha that carolla is a good thing. I think he worked for Babcock and Wilcox, or at least he did at one point. Not too sure.
oh yeah those b & w guys were needed really bad at first, i think they arent needed as much anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
I know where that plant is... right by I-64 headed towards Huntington right?
yep thats the plant. you can see it after you pass the nitro exit before you cross the bridge going towards huntington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS on the new job.

You should also look into starting an IRA in addition to the 401 if you can.... Not sure what you will be making or what the limits are on one...
i have looked into some IRA's thanks to clark howard's tv show lol
Old 01-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #38
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the job.
But I see one major problem. You only get to drive the Tacoma 20 minutes a day.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:03 AM   #39
RockyTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Dojo
RockyTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

at tender age of 21, you are on a right track. i wish more young people were self-efficent, and resposible like you...congrats!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:17 AM   #40
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
My fantasy dream job would be to photograph beautiful nude woman all day long......and then bang them. A person can dream can't they????? Instead, I sit here in this cube farm making other people rich......