Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

so i finally got my dream job!

Old 01-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
so i finally got my dream job!

i havent been on here in awhile, figured id post an update...

i work in a power plant about 60 miles from home. its an old plant and they dont really know how much longer it will be running. it could be 20 years it could be 1 year but they dont know for sure. its old and small nothing big at all. well there is a plant about 7 miles from my house called john amos. its the largest plant in the AEP system and it is the place you want to work at. huge, up to date plant with all the latest emissions controls. when they post a job opening, hundreds apply for it.

well they posted a job opening not too long ago and i got called in for an interview. a week later i found out i was the only one to get offered the job out of 385 applicants. im 21 and only been working for the company for 1.5 years and i beat out everybody. im pretty pumped. what once was a 60 mile, hour and 15 minute drive is now a 7 mile 10 minute drive. plus i know that plant will be running in 30 years when i retire! i start this coming monday

now that i have the dream job i gotta find a house. ive been wanting to pay off the taco first ($435 month payment) but i cant pass up on the 8k homebuyer tax credit so im gonna have to suffer with 2 payments.

on another note i got almost everything i need for my taco makeover. im taking the lift off and putting 5100's all around with new coils and some tsb leafs i bought from yosh2000. i also got some black tailights for xmas too. the taco is in the body shop right now gettin every chip and scratch fixed. she'll be a new truck when im done with her. btw, keep an eye out for my LR uca's to be up for sale in the next few weeks
Old 01-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome news, congrats! Driving 7 miles to work after a commute of over an hour will change your life. Working for a power plant should be a steady job until you retire. I will give you one small piece of advice. Put as much into your 401k as you can afford. At your age, you will retire a millionaire!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
congrats man! glad you got it!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

wow congrats man sunds like you hit it big on ths one
Old 01-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
paulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Name: paul
paulm09tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on the new job. my only advise is what OLDTACOMAGUY said. put as much money into your 401k as you possibly can. you dont know me but you will thank me later when you retire early while the rest of us are still chewin on the grind stone. good luck.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #8
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Taco View Post
SWEEEEEEEET!

Congrats man
thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Awesome news, congrats! Driving 7 miles to work after a commute of over an hour will change your life. Working for a power plant should be a steady job until you retire. I will give you one small piece of advice. Put as much into your 401k as you can afford. At your age, you will retire a millionaire!
already a step ahead of you. the company contributes $.75 per dollar up to 6% you put in the company retirement plan. im putting 10% in right now. hopin to retire at 55.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
congrats man! glad you got it!
thanks! there was much partying and drinking when i found out the news that weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Dood...That decrease in your commute is AWESOME!!
Good luck house shopping....
thanks man! shopping is going so so right now
Old 01-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #10
Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals
Blumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Blumpkinson's Tacoma Gallery
congrats man, definitely take advantage of the 8k rebate
Old 01-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
You sound wise beyond your years!

Gratz and Happy New Year!! What a way to start it off!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #12
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
good luck with the new job
Old 01-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #13
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats
Old 01-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #14
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
thats awesome!!!! good luck with everything!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Congratulations & ditto on the 401k. The sooner in life you start, the better off you'll be.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #16
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Best advice I've heard in a long time! Good luck Brett, hope all works out!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #17
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats. That's awesome. I need to find myself a good job.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #19
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
got me thinking... im gonna start looking into 401k's maybe i should think about starting to save now.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #20
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Just remember to make sure you get the truck up to temp. That short of a DD could be bad for the CAT.

Oh, and congrats!