Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Army Guys

Old 03-18-2008, 05:10 AM   #1
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Army Guys

Hey Army guys, my son is signing up to the Florida National Guard this week. He is going to basic this summer, will finish his senior year of high school and then go to his AIT training after he graduates. He then plans on going to active duty. He is going to be a Combat Engineer. It sounds like that is a Jack of all Trades kinda job from what I've read about it. Please tell me your opinions on this and please be truthful. Thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I've got no advice missile,just congrats to your boy for considering a life of service to others.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #3
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Well your son is going to be busy, Im in the ROTC program and there is a huge demand for Combat Engineers. Your son will be very busy, they're used for everything from building roads, bridges, fortifing positions, as well as destroying mines and IED's. They really are the "Jack of all trades". So thank you, your son and your family for all of yalls sacrife and i hope to one day work with him.
Brett TX
Old 03-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #4
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks for the kind words. I do worry about him joining but he wants to serve his country. He is such a good kid, I just want the best for him.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I was a combat engineer, great bunch of guys, hard working, focused, loyal, and bad asses. Basically they are infantry but with bulldozers and cranes. I learned so much while I was in there, I had a great time, I wish him well, and I wish you and yours peace.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
This seems like a really interesting branch of the service...I bet these/you guys don't/didn't get bored too often.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Never, we were building things all the time and then blowing it up !
We also were in trouble quite a lot, work hard play hard mentality was taken to the extreme in some moments, all in all I was happy I was there.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:42 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
I was a combat engineer, great bunch of guys, hard working, focused, loyal, and bad asses. Basically they are infantry but with bulldozers and cranes. I learned so much while I was in there, I had a great time, I wish him well, and I wish you and yours peace.
Thanks for the input and the kind words. He's going to sign up Thursday.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
Thanks for the input and the kind words. He's going to sign up Thursday.
He's going to be just fine, I'm glad I went in and I'm glad I got out, and now I take what I learned in the Army and apply the good parts out here, seems to be paying off.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #10
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Combat Engineers, badass. Congrats/my thanks to your son.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 AM   #11
87Raven is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
87Raven's Tacoma Gallery
Bigger Toys

Congrats! Your son will get to play with all the BIG toys; Bulldozers, 15K + Forklifts, AVLB's Probably HEMMTS, Cranes and plenty of other Military hardware.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #12
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
congrats to the both of you. best of luck to him/you/family from the TW community
Old 04-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #13
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
I was on a 2 week field op in Haiti with the Engineer Battalion in the Marines. I know Marine Engineers are loyal and hard working like concrete jedi said and I know with as much as Marines and Soldiers always try measure who has the biggest dick, they had a lot to say about the schooling of Army Engineers and how intense it is to become a Sapper. So, good luck to your son and your family. Thank you and tell him I said welcome to an "economy-proof" job.