Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

How did you hear about the site?

View Poll Results: How did you hear about the site?
Search Engine 1,088 74.32%
Toyota Forums 113 7.72%
Other Forums 58 3.96%
Referral 92 6.28%
Wikipedia 5 0.34%
Recruiting Office 5 0.34%
Sticker on a truck 35 2.39%
Dealership 10 0.68%
Lucky guess 100 6.83%
Other 79 5.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1464. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
How did you hear about the site?

I'm glad Tacoma World has become such a happening place. How did you hear about it? Post in your comments what keeps you coming back.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I keep coming back to make fun of the Carolinas and drool over truck pictures.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I was searching for other X-SP tacomas like mine. I keep logging on because it's addictive. My daughter said I use tacomaworld like myspace.com. I told her she didn't know what she was talking about!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i found it over a year ago when i first started looking for trucks and researching Taco's. then i got my truck and the rest is history, i became the most well respected member in a matter of days. i keep coming back cause everyone is so cool and laid back. plus Bob is an awesome administrator that lets us get away with stupid stuff like the CA and NA and constant flaming between the Carolinas, Texas, and Shit hole... i mean Canada
Old 03-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
i found it over a year ago when i first started looking for trucks and researching Taco's. then i got my truck and the rest is history, i became the most well respected member in a matter of days. i keep coming back cause everyone is so cool and laid back. plus Bob is an awesome administrator that lets us get away with stupid stuff like the CA and NA and constant flaming between the Carolinas, Texas, and Shit hole... i mean Canada
same here!!! plus......i like the atmosphere here a hell of alot better than toyotanation and what i've seen at ttora and ct!!

search or die!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
\m/.....\m/
ph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ph16drive's Tacoma Gallery
I find all you guys are helpful and most all of the posts help with mods to the Taco as well as take care of problems before I have them (i.e. the suspension TSB). Even though I'm not in any alliance . . . I seldom post because there's so much on the TW site already. Thanks for all the posts on the suspension TSB, tailgate, ScanGauge II, ipod to factory stereo, mpg, and many many more.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i was looking for a forum for the taco b/c i was on one w/ my s-10 back in the day. i've never actually signed up for any other taco forum and only seen others when people post links
Old 03-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I was so geeked about Tacos that I was looking for the history of Toyotas and came across this on one of the searches I was doing, this is the only forum I have ever been on, and it was cool, so I stayed.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=ndcouch;68459] i became the most well respected member in a matter of days

huh??
Old 03-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #10
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
I joined TacomaWorld after googling "tacoma" and this site popped up. I've been on tn for a while but I don't really care for the new format too much. TacomaWorld reminds me of what tn used to be like. I like that everyone can have fun at each other's expense and it's no harm no foul. Plus there's alot of good info here and I can see(read) the posts from members' I have respect for.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I found the site while searching for mileage information. I'm still pissed off we're forced to have ethanol added to the fuel and then it's even worse with the winter formulation. Oh well it's almost spring.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #12
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I googled "Tacoma forums" and browsed around the results.....This is the one I decided to join because it seemed to offer lots of info.I also liked the atmosphere,laid back and easy.I've belonged to other forums where everything seems to be a fight to the death...Who needs it!...Along with the USN this is the only forum that I check every day.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #13
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I stumbled upon TW while doing some sort of search for my truck. I read a little and liked what I saw, so I joined. This is the 1st and only forum I belong to.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #14
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
I was so geeked about Tacos that I was looking for the history of Toyotas and came across this on one of the searches I was doing, this is the only forum I have ever been on, and it was cool, so I stayed.
1st forum for me and the best for the tacoma's, personal opinion.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #15
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I guarantee there is no other Tacoma forum that is even half as fun to browse. Plus you can even learn a thing or two if you are so inclined.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #16
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
I was searching for lift info and found stuff on several forums--TW was the most helpful. I also noticed that some ppl on other forums seemed, how shall I put it? Less than helpful to newcomers? No that's not it... SUCKY. Yup, that's it. No one on TW was like that. I started reading stuff, joined to be able to see pictures in threads, met alot of cool people and stayed. Now I'm addicted.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #17
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Was searching for Prerunners on 22" wheels and found the excellent picture gallery for Mat-taco06 (who has not posted in ages), started reading other stuff, and now the addiction is permanent.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I think I stumbled on this looking for more Toyota forums. I was on TN, but there was only 1 person near me: demoncleaner. I was trying to find more people at least in NY to go wheeling with, and none of the other sites had people in NY that I could find (TTORA, yotatech, and a few other offroad forums).

I don't really remember though. This is about the only forum I frequent now other than TN, and even TN has become more of a monitoring thing for me. I just skim new posts looking for mods, group buys, or some other interesting bit of info. I've cut back my time actually posting there as it seems to be over run with a different kind of people. Hard to explain, but to me it seems like a lot of spoiled rich kids born with a silver spoon in their mouth that expect everything to be handed to them. Ok, so posting something that's be been discussed a 100 times before isn't too bad... But there's people there now that post it 3 times over an hour or across 3 sections of the forum or just bump the thread in 30 minutes on a monday morning. Then get pissed when no one answers them. Like most people aren't at work and unable to answer it. I can understand wanting an answer quick, but why not search for half an hour instead of waiting to be spoon fed the answer and bumping the thread? Hell I know I usually find an answer myself by the time someone gets back to me via email. Happened all the time before at work.

I guess a turning point for me was a thread about "what did santa bring you?". And I saw guys posting up lists that included at least 1 item that cost more than my entire family, parents, and in laws spent on christmas all together. Many acted like it wasn't much or they didn't appreciate it. Right there I thought "there's too many people on here with more money than brains".
Old 03-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #19
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Someone on CustomTacos post a link to this site and I have been here ever since, just to annoy NDcouch.

Quote:
plus Bob is an awesome administrator that lets us get away with stupid stuff like the CA and NA and constant flaming between the Carolinas, Texas, and Shit hole... i mean Canada

Hey numb-nuts you spelled shit hole wrong its spelled like this New Jersey.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #20
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
a friend of mine said to go here ;-)yep when you get a truck you have friends you didn't even know about
seriously, i never knew so many people liked me until i could help them move...

[QUOTE=rick;68527]
Quote:
i became the most well respected member in a matter of days

huh??
its a fact, look it up. I'm pretty sure its in Wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
I guess a turning point for me was a thread about "what did santa bring you?". And I saw guys posting up lists that included at least 1 item that cost more than my entire family, parents, and in laws spent on christmas all together. Many acted like it wasn't much or they didn't appreciate it. Right there I thought "there's too many people on here with more money than brains".
We definatly dont have that problem here, we have no money and no brains, which makes posting much more fun