Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Federal taxes

Old 01-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Federal taxes

HAS ANYBODY ELSE NOTICED HOW MUCH FEDERAL INCOME TAXES THEY HAD WITHHELD IN 2009 VS 2008.MINE ARE LESS THAN HALF,I ASK EVERYBODY WHERE I WORK TO CHECK THEIRS,SAME THING,LESS THAN HALF.I'M NOT COMPLAINING BUT I WONDER WHATS THE DEAL.....ANYBODY KNOW?
Old 01-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
I was working on mine and I paid just a little bit more, but I made a few thousand more this year. So far my return is looking good
Old 01-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i dunno...BUT IS IT NECESSARY TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS????
Old 01-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
x2! aint it a rule to not type in all caps?? anyway, i wouldnt know since last year was the first full year i held a full time job. i do know i am not getting squat back. it sucks being single in the US in uncle sams eyes!
Old 01-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
vg05 is on a distinguished road
vg05's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 11k in taxes in 2008 and about 11.5k in 2009. same job (cut in 401k matching, no pay raise and no move during those 24 months)
Old 01-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
ok,sorry i was on cap locks and did'nt notice
Old 01-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Are you talking about how much you OWE or how much you had withheld from your paycheck??
how much i had withheld
Old 01-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
x2! aint it a rule to not type in all caps?? anyway, i wouldnt know since last year was the first full year i held a full time job. i do know i am not getting squat back. it sucks being single in the US in uncle sams eyes!
Dood- Not getting money back isn't a BAD thing. You are GOING to owe some taxes no matter who you are. The money that you get BACK isn't money that Uncle Sam is giving you-It's your money that you gave to Uncle Sam during the year above and beyond what you owed.

If you can get to the point were you have the right amount withheld so you have to pay nothing, but get very little back...You are keeping your money as yours instead of giving Uncle Sam a free loan for a year.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Dood- Not getting money back isn't a BAD thing. You are GOING to owe some taxes no matter who you are. The money that you get BACK isn't money that Uncle Sam is giving you-It's your money that you gave to Uncle Sam during the year above and beyond what you owed.

If you can get to the point were you have the right amount withheld so you have to pay nothing, but get very little back...You are keeping your money as yours instead of giving Uncle Sam a free loan for a year.
yeah i know. i did the irs witholding calculator and it said i should have claimed 2 this year. i claimed none. im changing it to 1 but id rather get a little back than owe a lot or any.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
yeah i know. i did the irs witholding calculator and it said i should have claimed 2 this year. i claimed none. im changing it to 1 but id rather get a little back than owe a lot or any.
I screwed myself with that claim number and put it a tad to high for 09'. I now owe the government and state money and not just a couple bucks. I am pissed.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #12
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
HAS ANYBODY ELSE NOTICED HOW MUCH FEDERAL INCOME TAXES THEY HAD WITHHELD IN 2009 VS 2008.MINE ARE LESS THAN HALF,I ASK EVERYBODY WHERE I WORK TO CHECK THEIRS,SAME THING,LESS THAN HALF.I'M NOT COMPLAINING BUT I WONDER WHATS THE DEAL.....ANYBODY KNOW?
Why are you yelling?
But no, I haven't noticed. I am sure my accountant will though.