1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question for the police officers here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mntbiker2008, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Jan 23, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8
    Some very good advice (and some not so good:rolleyes: ). It could be as easy as calling the police on the non-emergency line (not 911) and have them come out. Tell them the problem and maybe have them go ask them to move it.

As a police officer I have gotten these calls many times. I would just politely advise them that if they left it there they could possibly face numerous citations and possibly have it towed at their expense. In Houston we have tons of city ordinances for just this reason. I can't think of a time where someone DID NOT move the vehicle. Good luck!

2. Jan 23, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    truckalter

truckalter Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Waynesville, NC
    Yep... returning the favor usually works well. We had a neighbor blocking the road with a RV and he wouldn't move it. Sheriff's Dept said it was a civil matter... So, my Dad parked an old truck across their driveway and blocked them in. They called the Sheriff. Guess what? Another civil matter. Needless to say they moved the RV. Find an old beater and when they are home, block them in so they can't get out and when they ask you to move point to their vehicle in front of your house.

3. Jan 23, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    do what my neighbors and i have to do with the wanna be mechanic down the street - he has at least 4 non-operable/wrecked vehicles parked in and around his property at any given time. take pictures when a new vehicle shows up, making sure that the camera's date stamp is on, and continue to take pictures every day (to document that it has not moved, etc). then call the city and complain, explain the situation and the length of time the vehicles have been there back it up with the photos. usually, the city comes by about once a month now and forces him to get rid of a couple of the vehicles. only to be replaced by more a week later and then the whole process starts again. Added bonus: make sure the neighbors are home when you are taking pics of the vehicle - makes them more suspicious if they see you.
    I think it also helps when you have multiple people calling and complaining. That way it does appear as more of a neighborhood nuisance and not just a gripe between two people. Get more people on your side!

And if you want to play dirty...go to a pet shop/aquarium supply store and look for a chemical called Prime. Totally harmless but smells really bad, sort of a rotten egg/vomit smell. One or two drops of that in an enclosed space will do the trick.

4. Jan 23, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    Kahunadave

Kahunadave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 DC PrernrTRD Sport
    K&N CAI-series 63, custom Billet Grille, Magnaflow exhaust, AR Tactic 17x8, Toyo A/T opencountry 265/70/17, Iridium plugs.
    just a thought..if you know your neighbors are going to be gone for a while, why not call one of those places that takes cars as "donations".. Salvation Army..etc. They come out and tow it away for you...tell em you don't have the keys or title yet- (you were given the car by someone and it doesn't run some bs like that) but will come by in a few wks and drop it off to them. Ha ha.. that may work!

5. Jan 23, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    Slotback

Slotback Triple Option

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    Code enforcement can be your friend. If the car is legally parked, the PD probably won't do much. Code enforcement on the other hand could issue a citation for such a blight.

6. Jan 23, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    twyo

twyo Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma Off Road
    Looking at your location, I found that following municipal ordinance- it's a start. There is probably a more stringent ordinance dealing with inoperable vehicles, but this one is a start.

Sec. 508-12. - Parking Unreasonable Time.
    No person shall park any vehicle contrary to traffic signs erected as otherwise authorized herein; and further, no person shall park any vehicle upon any highway longer than 14 hours except that vehicles operated by or for the transport of a person with a disability that limits or impairs the ability to walk which display a valid removable windshield handicapped placard, or special handicapped license plates alone, or special handicapped license plates and validation stickers, or validation stickers alone, issued pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 5034 of the Ohio Revised Code or the equivalent thereof from any other state, may park upon a highway for up to but not more than 36 hours. ​

7. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    personally i think taking the tags and calling it in was the best idea given so far

8. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    when that happens I call a towing company, they take the care out it on the lot and the owner has to pay all the fees.....

9. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    You should really think this one through before you getting someone sued.

10. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    id hook a chain to it and reef it down the street with the taco. or just lift it with a jack and get some buddies to help u push it

11. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    Put it on Craigslist as "Free Car" to anyone that has a tow truck. List your neighbor as the owner, with his address and say it can be picked up any night after 9PM, just ring doorbell.

12. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 [OP] First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    Thank you very much. I am supposed to meet with the Cheif of the police dept. today to discuss the situation and I also put in a call to the EPA for the leaking oil.

13. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Mntbiker - you manned up and actually callled the PD? Sweet..problem solved or at least headed in the right direction.

14. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Similiar situation, that has been driving me apeshit for 5 years. I have a diagram to explain.

The nieghbors (in red) have this thing where they love to park their fullsize truck or have their guests in fullsize (and on occasion fucking dually) trucks directly infront of our driveway. This isn't even infront of their property, and rarely does anyone park infront of theirs. I also happen to park infront of my house, so have the time they park there after me and BLOCK the road. My Mom spoke to them about this the day we moved in while waiting for a moving truck and they where rude. I recently called the local PD and they havn't done it since.

Also, where my truck is normally parked, one of them somehow managed to back out of their driveway into my Dads Camry. It's about 40 feet from my truck to their driveway.

fda-1_ef1431da3986c9127f15845687338d278debc688.jpg

Is it just me or do these people suck? Shouldn't they atleast park infront of their own property, not down the street directly infront of my driveway. Especially since we have 2 trucks and an SUV...

15. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    Im not sure about your state but here in WV. We have a 72 hour law which requires a vehicle to be moved at least every 72 hours or it can be towed. It only applies if they are on the road...not in a yard or driveway.:D

16. Jan 26, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    yeh ive heard 72 hrs, 48 hrs, and 60 days. lol I am waiting for a call back from the Capt. at teh P.D. I think I know just about every one of the officers there just because of these neighbors doing something that would require me to call them... most of the time its the loud music outside my window at 3 in the morning... and one other time they about hit me flying down the street when i was getting in my car. i had to literly jump on my hood to avoid bein hit.

fuckin bastards. :mad: i will have my way eventually

thanks for all the suggestions guys. i will post back when i hear whats going on.

17. Jan 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    freesample

freesample Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport LB
    Visors, Deflector, Husky Liners, too expsensive for good ones :(
    if its leaking oil or anything call some sort of environmental group. i know it wouldn't be there very long like that around here

18. Jan 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    yep. i notified the EPA about it. lol

19. Jan 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    I'm just here for the entertainment. Carry on. :)

20. Jan 26, 2010 at 1:09 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    lol thanks mjp2:p

Products Discussed in

To Top