1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question for the police officers here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mntbiker2008, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Jan 22, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 [OP] First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    so ive mentioned my dumbass neighbors in past threads and now they are back at it again pissin people off. me at least. this kid who im guessing is the owner of the house nephew parked his p.o.s car in front of our house (when they have a shit ton of room in the driveway) approx. 2 weeks ago (soon to be 3 on monday) and just left it there. well it has a flat tire, we are tired of looking at the junk in our front yard.... and not to mention it is leaking oil on the road. i have confronted the house owner and politely asked if she would please find a way to move the car into her driveway. she said no. so before i knocked her redneck block off her shoulders i walked away. ( this was tuesday this week) well... to make this short... how long is it before the car is considered abandoned and i can have it towed? the police are pretty much useless here and wont do anything unless you pester them every day to do something.

im half tempted to hook my step dads tundra to it and drag it across the street into their driveway for the rednecks. :mad:

2. Jan 22, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    take the tags in the middle of the night then the next day, call it in as an abandoned car

3. Jan 22, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    LJD

LJD Well-Known Member

Member:

I would contact your local police station and put in a proper complaint so it's documented rather than dealing with it through your own actions. You don't want to start any domestic situations. I know their is a limited amount of time someone can park in front of your house before they can get towed though. Call around and see.

4. Jan 22, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Would drag it anywhere....That'll get you in more trouble than it's worth. Weeks doesn't usually make an "abandoned" car. Usually it's like 60 days MIN.

For you to get it towed you'll have to deal with the police most likely....A towing company won't come out and tow the car just because you say it's been there forever.

Start blowing up the cops phone.

5. Jan 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    I have neighbors like this as well. They just moved in and are renting they dont even own the house and trash the areas around it they had car parts in this alley way that all of our drive ways use and I drove over every one of them they looked like they wanted to say something but didnt then then next morning I threw all of there trash and crap car parts into there yard and out of our alley. Next Im calling on there trucks that are broke down in the street and have expired tags. Im done messing with these people who should not even be living in this neighborhood.

I feel your pain, it sucks having crap people living by you.

6. Jan 22, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    iTacozz

iTacozz Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Ormond Beach, FL
    First thing you need to do is look at any city or county ordinances that cover the parking on streets. Thats the only time the police can get involved if ordinances are involved otherwise its a civil issue. Unless the vehicle is actually on your property you have no right to tow the vehicle. You can use the fact that the vehicle is in poor condition and leaking hazardous materials in order to contact your local police to have them do proper documentation. The most they would get is a citation and request the vehicle to be moved. Hope this would help because I do deal with this every once in a while while Im am work.

Hope this helped

7. Jan 22, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    Call the City (not the PD) and file a complaint. Tell them the vehicle has been parked there a couple days, has flat and is leaking oil.

8. Jan 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    thanks guys. im gonna try the city first. its very annoying because i live in a pretty nice neighborhood but ever since they moved in it looks like we live in da hood.

guess this will wait till monday. :mad:

9. Jan 22, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    Take a look at your local and state laws about parking. I'm sorry to hear that your neighbors are complete asshats and need a lesson in courtesy. If you do your research, you'll have more ammo. Continue to call and complain. If you have a city council, complain to them. If you live in a County jurisdiciton, complain to the county Board of Supervisors. Good luck

10. Jan 22, 2010 at 3:20 PM
    tisher49

tisher49 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Orange, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '08 4.0L 4x4
    K&N Air Filter, Westin Bull Bar with PIAA fog lights, Retrax cover, Alpine Head unit with I-Pod interface, maglite mount, Color matched grill surround w/ Grillcraft mesh
    if the town or police won't get rid of it you could try calling a town or govt environmental agency since the oil is leaking all over the place... I guess im thinking of DEP or something like that. There's a reason oil is always supposed to disposed of properly and not just leaking in the road.

11. Jan 22, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    bishtacova

bishtacova Don't buy a Ford

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC PreRunner V6
    4 leaf TSB, reflash ECM, Eurostyle antenna, thule roof rack, bed extender
    Do you live in a neighborhood with an association? My neighbor parked his POS saab in front of the neighbor's house and then on the street forever. As it turns out you can't leave a parked car in our development for over 30 days or you'll get a ticket. It was designed for folks that like to park crappy cars. Needless to say there aren't any in my development.

12. Jan 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    Black Taco

Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    No mods whatsoever!
    so ive mentioned my dumbass neighbors in past threads and now they are back at it again pissin people off. me at least. this kid who im guessing is the owner of the house nephew parked his p.o.s car in front of our house (when they have a shit ton of room in the driveway) approx. 2 weeks ago (soon to be 3 on monday) and just left it there. well it has a flat tire, we are tired of looking at the junk in our front yard.... and not to mention it is leaking oil on the road. i have confronted the house owner and politely asked if she would please find a way to move the car into her driveway. she said no. so before i knocked her redneck block off her shoulders i walked away. ( this was tuesday this week) well... to make this short... how long is it before the car is considered abandoned and i can have it towed? the police are pretty much useless here and wont do anything unless you pester them every day to do something.

I have a friend who's a Police Officer. lol. He said not to touch the tags, because that would be theft. I, uhhh he also said that if it was a main roadway, the Police would probably tow it, but if it's a secondary road they probably wouldn't. You would be better off calling and making complaints and getting case #'s on file instead of confronting your neighbors because they could retaliate. I would probably have Code Enforcement handle it as this sounds like more of a Code Violation rather than a Police matter. Go to a Council Meeting and make your case, eventually you'll get results.My friend also wishes you luck.

13. Jan 22, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    thank you guys. unfortunately, we dont have a HOA. could be good most times but in cases like this.... not so much.... i didnt plan on taking the plates. lol me and them have already gotten in enough battles... in fact... one call from me even sent one of them to jail for a while. (it all started with boom boom boom shit outside at 3 in the morning waking everyone up)

im gonna call the city monday and make a complaint. i will try to get my other neighbors (who hate these bastards as well) to make some complaints as well. :frusty: im gonna move to a house where there is nobody around. sounds very nice to me.

14. Jan 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    Like a lot of people have said, call the police and start documenting. Call the city, especially the Environmental Health Department if the car is leaking oil etc. They would be the responsible agency for solid/hazardous wastes. Check the city ordinances and codes and see what they say about parking, and if they're not in compliance, lodge a complaint with code enforcement too.

15. Jan 22, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Do you have a City/County Parking Enforcement Agency???

16. Jan 22, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    in new york we deal with things like that with a wrench through the window or a match hope that helps

17. Jan 23, 2010 at 6:44 AM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    i dont think we do. we are in a township and live on a residential street.

18. Jan 23, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    lol i wish i could deal with it like that. but the car would still sit there. :mad:

19. Jan 23, 2010 at 6:57 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Have you considered placing an ad on craigslist to get a couple of cars on your own to park in front of their house? I bet if you went on Craigslist and placed a wanted ad for "pieces of crap" "must run long enough to get home", and explained your rant, you would probably find a few nice folks who would love to give you their pieces of junk. You could then park them in front of their house, right up to the edge of their driveway. Make it really difficult for them to get their own cars in and out of their drive. When the time comes to get rid of them, just call the scrap yard.
    While I know this may not work, it sure would be fun to hear about your outcome. Ken:cool:

20. Jan 23, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    lol yeh that would be nice. we let the snow plow guy pay them back in the winter as he always gets pissed( we are in a culdesac) when they park their cars in the road so he has nowhere to push the snow... so what does he do? yep... he goes right up into their driveway... i always get a get laugh.

Products Discussed in

To Top