Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

California Pickup Truck DMV Commercial Vehicle Law

Old 01-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Talking California Pickup Truck DMV Commercial Vehicle Law

Do you live in California? Do you drive a Toyota Tacoma? OK, then you are being asked to carry an unfair tax burden. Really! A California driver in a Hummer or a Chevy Suburban or a Ford Expedition is getting a better DVM registration rate then you are. Yes, actually you pay extra and are classified as a 'commercial vehicle' because you drive a pickup truck. They don't.

Unfair. You be it is.

Tell your state representative and lets fix this injustice. BTW, they've been doing this to pickup truck owners sinse the 1970's... isn't it time for a change?

Check out this op-ed piece for the full low-down on what is going on.

http://cssrc.us/web/18/publications....ookieSupport=1

Outraged? I hope so. Now, contact your state legislature (send them a real letter through the postal system - most effective) and share your feelings. Tell them you are a TW member and want a change. We all do..

Contact your California Legislative Representative:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/find...s.xpd?state=CA

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html
Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Fml.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
i was really intrigued by the fact that like 3 months after i recieved my plates and registration i recieved another 'commercial' registration. i heard the only way you can get around that extra tax is putting a camper shell over the bed. my gf's 2000 taco however was relatively cheap, it was only $110 for 2011, and i cant find commercial on her card anywhere.... i dont know how she was able to get around it but i am very curious....
Old 01-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
459 for my reg who do i
Old 01-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Cali is so hard pressed for money they will just raise it some more.....
Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick478 View Post
i was really intrigued by the fact that like 3 months after i recieved my plates and registration i recieved another 'commercial' registration. i heard the only way you can get around that extra tax is putting a camper shell over the bed. my gf's 2000 taco however was relatively cheap, it was only $110 for 2011, and i cant find commercial on her card anywhere.... i dont know how she was able to get around it but i am very curious....
Take a look at her plate. If it has one letter in it, then it's registered as a commercial vehicle. If it has 3 letters, then it's registered as non-commercial.
#A##### (com) vs #AAA### (non-com)
Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
mr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the rough

mr2crazed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coke View Post
I'll compose a letter for all to download and use. When I finish I'll post it here.
Interested in seeing that letter. Getting tired of being taxed to death in this state.

Also may want to take a close look at your renewal when you get it, you'll be paying $20 smog abatement fee for NOT having to smog you vehicle. Fee applies to newer vehicles, up to 4 years old.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #9
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
Take a look at her plate. If it has one letter in it, then it's registered as a commercial vehicle. If it has 3 letters, then it's registered as non-commercial.
#A##### (com) vs #AAA### (non-com)
yeah i saw it but thought it would say commercial on her registration at least somewhere