1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Had my first lucid dream!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by dunkhi, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Jun 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    I'm gonna go ahead and add my first experience of astral projection (I know, sounds sexy huh?) since I am actually interested in this shit.
    Basically the run down is you can control your dream and you can, if you will, spiritually leave your body as you dream and you're totally aware of it all. At first it can seem a little odd and creepy but once you get it right and your thoughts and senses are calm it gets fucking cool. First you're there eyes closed and as you enter the early stages of it you'll see purple dots through your eyelids and then you can feel your mind lifting itself up out of your body and sometimes you can see yourself laying there.
    I've only done this twice, it's tricky and requires absolute concentration. The first time I felt like a ghost, it was fucking cool and I'll never forget the shit I could do. I was flying through walls and floating in the air, went across the state, I thought I saw someone who resembled Jesus who was also floating around like a boss. Andddddd that's it. End of story

2. Jun 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    hitmans.army

hitmans.army Just a guy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Myrtle Creek, OR
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner & '40 Chrysler Coupe
    Bilstein 5100s up front with OME 885s, rear Add-A-Leaf, LED lights (tails, dome, map, plate lights), Kicker 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure under back seat, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker amp for sub, Pioneer DVD Player, Satoshi Grille with Devil Horns, Leer 100XQ.
    LSD- Lucid state dream.
    Explains a lot OZ.
    images_dab206112b02e2c4145955d2f2d61c8405bc6f95.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  3. Jun 21, 2014 at 1:16 AM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 Professional Threadjacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 PreRunner V6 DCSB
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    For what it's worth OP I know what you are talking about. I actually tried before, I wrote down my dreams for a while. I still remember those I wrote down from 2 years ago just because I wrote them.

I decided it was time to quit that shit when I had a night terror at a friends house, and the next morning he told me what I did. After that I decided I didn't want to remember a damn thing from my dreams! If I need to see it I'll be shown! You can google night terror, I'm sure not going to, sorry. Lol

4. Jun 21, 2014 at 1:53 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    I have pretty vivid dreams. I have had dreams of crashing atvs. i have had dreams of crashing the trucks. to the point i remember(still remember most of it to this day) how i got ran off the road and flipped the truck and i remember crawling out and being sad that the truck was so fucked up. also remember the police coming and also arresting the guy for running me off the road and something els. i remember having to call come one to come get me. i remember the tow truck loading and driving off with the truck, also remember going to the wrecking yard to clean out the truck.

Have had other dreams that are pretty detailed.

edit: i’m going to start righting them down.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  5. Jun 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I fucked Mila Kunis in a dream once..... come to find out she's pregnant. Coincidence???? I think not.

6. Jun 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    Chopper678

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    @Rearview: Every time you remember a dream now, you dream of your life after getting Mila Kunis pregnant. You wake up and continue your life but when you go to sleep you continue going through life raising a child with Mila Kunis. You begin to want to trade lives and sleep more often, thus the tension and plot of the movie.

Both are your dreams, you are the child of Mila Kunis.

Fin

:humble:

7. Jun 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Whatever.... I'd fuck her again. I need a nap.

8. Jun 21, 2014 at 12:56 PM
    Chopper678

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Thus, the intro.
    Not to thread jack, so OP you have anything to share about dreaming?

9. Jun 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Like maybe fucking Mila Kunis?? No wait.... she's mine. Find your own.

10. Jun 21, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    Chopper678

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    PLOT TWIST. Two dreams of Mila Kunis intertwine. She must choose.

11. Jun 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    So you should take pictures of her naked on your phone, then when you wake up check your phone.

12. Jun 21, 2014 at 5:52 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    So i initially revived this thread because i recently actually had one. And I know after one they become easier to get. So for anyone who actually knows a bit about these lucid dreams, whats the best way to get it to happen again?

I started trying the technique where you wake up in the middle of the night (via alarm) and get yourself fully awake (and read more on lucid dreaming to reinfoece it) then fall back asleep. Ive not had much sucess there but it has not been that long so I can keep giving that a try. any other suggestions?

13. Jun 21, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    Chopper678

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    I actually found out why that happened and I don't attribute it to actual night terrors, let's just say what happened in my dream was site-specific and I bet I know for sure what I was dreaming about, I was just the only person to not remember it. So I just call it a night terror to keep the peace and prevent having to explain.:eek:

But that being said, I guess I kind of have no more reason not to lucid dream.

Anyone know if it reduces sleep quality/ability to wake up?

14. Jun 21, 2014 at 10:38 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    I read that rem sleep was they key as well. But that rem sleep can be had by going from full consciousness to sleeping.

In fact when it actually happened the first time I woke up from a dream, went back to bed and that's when I had the realization and subsequent lucid dream

15. Jun 21, 2014 at 10:44 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    I'm with you on the night terror thing.
    I've had a few of them and they are pretty frightening. Mostly of an old guy sitting at the edge of my bed or reflections in the mirror.
    They have let up over the years as I get older and the last ones I had, I seemed to get out of them fairly quick.

16. Jun 21, 2014 at 11:00 PM
    tooter

tooter play every day

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2012, std cab, 5 lug, 2.7, 5 speed
    Built for maximum low end torque, tooter II.VII intake manifold spacer, LCE long tube header, Injen long tube intake, 2,900 rpm torque peak.
    Lucid dreaming is a trick where the images are powered by your own emotional energy. When you are lucid, if you become aware of yourself and stop emoting, the images immediately collapse. If you are interacting with the images of people when you stop emoting, they will just stare blankly at you before they dissipate, because the action of the dream cannot continue without feeding on your energy to power it.

A lucid dream is simply a flashlight that needs you to be the battery.

17. Jun 21, 2014 at 11:03 PM
    Chopper678

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Oh really? You remembered them? I thought you weren't supposed to remember night terrors... That sounds scary as hell. Why do you classify them differently than nightmares?

18. Jun 22, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Because I clearly remember that I was nearly/almost awake as it was happening.
    My mouth felt like keanu reeves in the matrix where the skin was covering it up as I was trying to scream. I could feel every muscle in my body tense up as I was trying to get out of it. And I remember coming out of it and being totally awake only to fall right back into it 4-5 times.
    I even stood up out of bed once trying to shake it off. As soon as I laid back down it sorta encapsulated me and I fell right back in.

19. Jun 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    Been there twice but controlling it was some what difficult. I was only in control off and on.

Products Discussed in

To Top