Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Toyota stops selling cars and trucks.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota stops selling cars and trucks.

Saw on the news tonight that Toyota has stopped selling vehicles at the present time because of the accelerator issues, anyone have any info on that?
Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35086922...tos/?gt1=43001
Old 01-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
At least they're taking care of it themselves and not waiting for the courts to walk in.

Unlike say...ford? (Pinto or Explorer ring a bell?)
Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad they have to hault sales. But they are manning up and doing what needs to be done.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
...............and let it begin -
Old 01-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
CtYankee is a jewel in the roughCtYankee is a jewel in the roughCtYankee is a jewel in the rough

Army:
CtYankee's Tacoma Gallery
more toyota recalls, geesus
Old 01-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #7
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:TM

Down 6.46 as of now...
Old 01-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #8
NAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 12th Missile Sq
NAYo2002's Tacoma Gallery
am I crazy or is Tacoma not in it?

Anyhow, this validates some claims that pedal sticking should not be solely blamed on floormats.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I always knew that the floormats were not to blame. It was Toyota's quick answer so there wouldn't be all this speculation. And of course, with the media, a little specualtion becomes a big thing. Toyota didn't want that so they blamed the floor mats and with time would find the real problem. I mean come on, a person cannot move the floor mat to free up the accelerator? And Zip ties as a remedy for the problem? HAHA.

Anyway, at least they are taking care of the real issue now.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
At least they're taking care of it themselves and not waiting for the courts to walk in.

Unlike say...ford? (Pinto or Explorer ring a bell?)

Ummm they were forced to stop selling the cars by the US government...

http://detnews.com/article/20100127/...selling-models

TOYOTA needs to GO down for this ordeal..
Old 01-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #11
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywen View Post

TOYOTA needs to GO down for this ordeal..
wow
Old 01-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #12
NAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
wow
I hate to say it, but his comment wasnt too out there. Something like the gas pedal should not be taken lightly.. especially since 4 people died from it. Toyota needs to reevaluate their quality standards and go back to what it used to be.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #13
EBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really nice

Name: Rob
EBBS03's Tacoma Gallery
I must be missing something here. I don't understand how they can't come up with a fix. My Mustang had an issue with the gas pedal getting stuck down (on where the carpet ends, not the floor mat), and Ford's fix was put a thin metal plate behind the pedal to prevent it getting stuck. Problem solved. So what's the issue here?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBBS03 View Post
I must be missing something here. I don't understand how they can't come up with a fix. My Mustang had an issue with the gas pedal getting stuck down (on where the carpet ends, not the floor mat), and Ford's fix was put a thin metal plate behind the pedal to prevent it getting stuck. Problem solved. So what's the issue here?
I think new Toyotas come with sort of "fly-by-wire" systems. The pedal is only connected to a sensor, and sensor gives input to the computer which finally controlls the gas. I'm guessing they are having software issues or sensor issue.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:20 AM   #15
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
the list just got bigger, it even goes to the Pontiac Vibe! ummm... tacoma will be coming up soon, just wait and see!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:13 AM   #16
Blue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blue Hooligan's Tacoma Gallery
An article I read claims Toyota said if the excelerator becomes stuck apply firm pressure to the brake. Well no shit!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #17
DLAV is on a distinguished road
Name: Denis
DLAV's Tacoma Gallery
my girlfriend just bought an 2010 corolla S and she can't pick it up for another week until they fix the gas pedal. it came in on monday and is sitting on the lot. Brutal
Old 01-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #18
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I assume thats what Toyota gets for starting to get parts in the U.S, if the gas pedal modules were made in Japan they wouldn't have this mess. They keep this up and before long they can put Chevy emblems on them and make the transmissions last 90k.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #19
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAYo2002 View Post
I think new Toyotas come with sort of "fly-by-wire" systems. The pedal is only connected to a sensor, and sensor gives input to the computer which finally controlls the gas. I'm guessing they are having software issues or sensor issue.
From what I've gather the issue is whatever mechanism the pedal has so the pedal goes back to its natural position once you let off the gas. Some pedals do not return back at all and some are not fully returning back.

I don't fully blame Toyota about this I mean they have 2 distributors who make the pedals and the issue is with one of them, the design is the same for both of them, but looks like one of them makes a better quality product (materials) than the other. One might say why doesn't toyota sticks with one of the distributors, well probably they can't supply enough for Toyota's needs so they need someone else too.