Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Basssssssstards

Old 01-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Basssssssstards

GM offers $1,000 incentive to Toyota owners

"The Equinox is the obvious buy over a Rav4"

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/27/auto...ives/index.htm
Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
I personally want GM and Ford to make better products than any foreign brand. I'd buy American if they had the best light truck but Toyota does so that's what I bought.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Cant blame them. They acted quickly on this, thats for sure
Old 01-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
it's intelligent marketing, what can you expect from a couple of the largest companies in the nation?

but seriously, those jerk offs........
Old 01-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
Fever is a splendid one to beholdFever is a splendid one to beholdFever is a splendid one to beholdFever is a splendid one to beholdFever is a splendid one to beholdFever is a splendid one to behold
Fever's Tacoma Gallery
I just switched from a Chevy S10 ZR2 to the taco. I did like the look of the ZR2 but putting in $1500 of front end work at 32,000 miles (just outside of warranty) & lousy dealership service soured me! I too would prefer to buy domestic but I want to put my money for a quality product as it is a major purchase.

Only have 3200 miles on the taco but hoping for the best!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote from a commentor on the article...

"gm vs toyota, not even close. gm produced 305 v8's with bad cams , cars with bad steering racks, quad4 engine was good for a head gasket at 80k, i owned 3 of them.3800 engine with plastic intakes that warped, the famous cadillac 4100 engine and the infamous v8 diesel.but now they are selling quality, get a grip.it's business as usual at gm just a different body style."

lol
Old 01-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Kick them while they are down I expected it but dam that was freakin fast.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #9
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
All wrapped up

Gee guys,
Don't get your nut sack all scrunched up over this.
Competition is a good thing. Look where Toyota started here in the late 60's and where they are today. Look where American auto makers Chevy and Ford have come as a result of foreign competition. Toyota needs to get back to it's roots and not live off it's past successes too.
Ken
Old 01-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #10
VancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud of

VancityCK's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else think it's in bad form for GM, as a company recently rescued from the brink of bankruptcy by US and Canadian taxpayers to be offering any kind of incentive like this? Sure, it may be good marketing on their part, but it smacks of fiscal irresponsibility for some reason...
Old 01-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #11
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
GOVERNMENT MOTORS strikes again...
Old 01-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #12
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityCK View Post
Anyone else think it's in bad form for GM, as a company recently rescued from the brink of bankruptcy by US and Canadian taxpayers to be offering any kind of incentive like this? Sure, it may be good marketing on their part, but it smacks of fiscal irresponsibility for some reason...

$1000 isn't anything to sell a car, its good marketig.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityCK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
$1000 isn't anything to sell a car, its good marketig.
There's no way they're going to lose money (hopefully). They'll just jack you around, and the lowest price you'll get is $1k higher than it was pre-incentive. If they're losing money to sell cars, then yes, that certainly smacks of fiscal irresponsibility.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #14
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Saddest thing is, the faulty pedal is not even Japanese made, it's American made by CTS Corp in Indiana.

CTS Corp. of Elkhart, Ind., has some serious 'splaining to do.
Toyota Motor Corp.'s sweeping halt of U.S. sales in some of its most popular car models is said to stem from a flawed gas-pedal assembly made by the Midwest company. Obviously a sticky accellerator can have potentially fatal consequences.

A bulletproof reputation for quality is on the firing line. This halt easily could extend to Canada, Europe and beyond, with severe consequences for the No. 1 automaker's image -- not to mention its sales in 2010.
CTS, which operates a plant in suburban Bloomingdale, is slated to unveil its earnings Wednesday afternoon. Its executives have scheduled a conference call to discuss results with investors at 10 a.m. Thursday. Any guess what the first question might be?

Asked about the accellerator issue on Wednesday morning, a CTS spokeswoman said, "We're not giving out any sort of comment."
Old 01-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #15
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna go to my closest GM Dealer right now and scream at them in the face with spit coming from my mouth!

They can keep the $1000...I would never trade my Tacoma for any of they're products...except for the 2010 Camaro SS
Old 01-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #16
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a low blow, but that's marketing. Probably a good move on GM's part... until the people who take advantage realize what they gave up and what they got out of it.

EDIT: Another commenter on the article: "Well lets see. In the last twenty years, Toyota has had 558 recalls (maybe 560 now). All GM products combined have 3,403. Yeah, I'll run right out and replace my Toyota with a "reliable" GM product."
Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #17
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
I would not drive any GM product even if it were given to me.

And that is not just rhetoric.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #18
10silvertaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
10silvertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would never buy any GM vehicle. As previous owner 1996 pontiac sunfire, 2003 Blazer 4x4, and 2007 Trailblazer. All of them value are sucks and problems too many time. I used to own Subaru Legacy and Toyota Camry, they all have good value and few problems. I would like to buy America but not GM. Never try with Ford, or Dodge. I did my homework and notice Toyota and Honda hold better value.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #19
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Last week I had an work order come across my parts counter for a 2010 Equinox (which I have to admit is a nice vehicle in its class) with 4 recalls on it. How many recalls does the RAV4 have? GM is just taking advantage of Toyota's bad press and I can't blame them for trying to up their sales at Toyota's expense. When you stumble at the top, everyone comes gunning for you. GM knows this better than anyone.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #20
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'm gonna go to my closest GM Dealer right now and scream at them in the face with spit coming from my mouth!

They can keep the $1000...I would never trade my Tacoma for any of they're products...except for the 2010 Camaro SS
I'm at work right know and just lmao with your comment...(with spit coming from my mouth) I can actually picture this!!!...good one bro by the way.....GO COLTS!!!!!