Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

New Tire Size Calculator - learning C#

Old 01-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
New Tire Size Calculator - learning C#

Hey guys,

so, i wanted to learn a new software language to further my professional development. so i chose to learn C# so that i could write tools with a user interface. so, i picked up a book, went through some tutorials, and i made a Tire Size Calculator application. I modeled mine after the one on this website so i didnt have to focus on the actual layout design. but it was also simple enough that i could over-engineer the shit out of it and add a ton of new features.
i think this is pretty kick-ass for my first attempt at coding in C#.

if you have any problems or you find any bugs in it, please let me know.

also, if you would like to see any additional features added to it, let me know and i can see about incorporating your suggestions.

enjoy

http://www.teeceetee.com/TireSizeCalculator/index.html

Old 01-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Good job!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Cool beans.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't work on my mac
Old 01-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
Didn't work on my mac

ya.. PC only
Old 01-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
nice work! the customizable starting display speed is a nice touch and saving it out to file w/ proper spacing is nice as well.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
nice work! the customizable starting display speed is a nice touch and saving it out to file w/ proper spacing is nice as well.

thanks

i was just thinking that i could add an option to show all the units in millimeters/kilometers or inches/miles .
Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #9

shameless bump