1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wesboro Baptist Church

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by WhatThePho?, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Jan 31, 2010 at 10:53 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? [OP] Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Anyone Heard of them?

Well the Wesboro Baptist church is having a protest at the Seal Beach Navy weapons station. These people are the ones who protest at fallen soldiers funerals and hold signs saying "god hates America" and "soldiers are ****" and the worst "Thank god for 9-11".

I'm going to be out there that day Protesting AGAINST them. If you want to Join and show your American Pride, come out and protest with us. Bring an American Flag and some signs.

DATE: 2-20-10
    Time: 9:00 AM
    Where: Bolsa Avenue & Seal Beach BLVD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

2. Jan 31, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I fucking hate those motherfuckers. I might come with you dude. When is it?

3. Jan 31, 2010 at 10:55 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    when?

4. Jan 31, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    WhatThePho?

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    Opps Forgot the date, Feb 20

FIXED!

5. Jan 31, 2010 at 10:58 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    x2

6. Jan 31, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    WhatThePho?

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
  7. Jan 31, 2010 at 11:08 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    I'll make out with one of you guys, wearing an ACU, to prove a point [​IMG]

8. Jan 31, 2010 at 11:09 PM
    DuderAbides

DuderAbides Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    Being in the military, I find it oh so hilarious that these people's right to say this putrid fucking drivel is protected by the men and women I serve with. If they hate America so damn much, then get the fuck outta here; and dont let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out! Secondly, also being an atheist, I'm quite certain that the bible, and christianity in general says absolutely nothing of what they are preaching, and if there is indeed a lord or higher power, these people certainly aren't making him/her/it proud of them...truth be told im sure god is totally doin' the "face palm" to these ingrates :facepalm:

9. Jan 31, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    The WBC is nothing more than a group of attention seeking imbeciles who go protest at high emotion events soley to cause trouble and if their lucky someone will attack them so they can sue them... Not to mention the entire church is composed of one family...

Truthfully, paying them any sort of attention is only giving into what they want... However I cant deny that I would love to give any one of them a swift kick in the ass.

10. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    They are one of the reasons that the Patriot Guard Riders was formed. To block them from the families of fallen heros, during the funerals.
    One of the best groups I've belonged to. I wish I could be there, with my bike and flags!

11. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:36 AM
    2kool4school

2kool4school Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    '12 JKU Sport
    if yall go out there be-careful, they do have lawyers with them. they just want to start a fight to "prove their point". ALL Navy personal were told to stay away from them the last time they were in VA

12. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Go give those cocksuckers hell!!

13. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6
  14. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    These freaks are from my hometown, so I grew up hearing and seeing them all the time. They definitely are out there. Unfortunately, the old man (Fred Phelps) is/was a lawyer, and is very smart. Many have tried to run him over or harm him, but he manages to stay alive. His daughter is the leader now and is actually probably the more clinically insane. She is all about publicity. Many poeple think she even set her own garage on fire and claimed arson to try and get publicity. But all the people in Topeka, KS hate him just as much or more than anyone else, so please don't think that he acts as all Topekans or Kansas do :(.

The weird thing is, my mom is a teacher and has had many of the kids in class. She says that all of the kids are the nicest and well-behaved of all her students, and many of them are very smart. They just literally get brainwashed from the time they are born. If you see them picket, you'll see kids as young as 3 or 4 holding signs. So messed up.

15. Feb 1, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That's a shame- Ya'll be careful and be smart out there. I'll be thinking about ya....cause it's a bit too far for me to come out.

16. Feb 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    So what is their platform ? why would you protest a fallen soldier ? You have to be pretty angry or misguided to protest that venue. Hate mongers ? anti-war ? anti-govt ? Protest in front of the Seals, yea o.k. that's saying "I want an ass whoopin" like no other" ---fools :eek:

17. Feb 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    They are based right here in Topeka. The best thing you can do is just ignore them. They crave the attention. Most of the Phelps clan are lawyers. They are considered a cult around here. PB65Stang is right on the money.

18. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    johneman

johneman Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    I believe in freedom of religion but when it is used to protest against the very men who are protecting that right and those who have lost their life protecting their freedoms, I get pissed!! Where are these assholes getting the balls or should I say lack of brains to protest the MEN in the Military? If I lived on the West Coast, I would be there with you guys. Because of distance, I can only be there in spirit. Stay out of trouble and let them know that our Military has people who care and support our MEN in uniform!!

19. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    DuderAbides

DuderAbides Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    Alot of it is interpreted on their views and opinions of the bible. They believe they are messengers from God telling the people of America that we as a people are doomed to hell because we live in sin, we celebrate sin, and we have forgotten how vengeful and powerful and spiteful God can be. That we have "sinned away our day of grace" is what I believe the lead daughter says. So they're extremely happy to see that our men and women in the military are getting killed etc etc. And alot of the protests and signs are strictly for shock value. I agree that its like throwing fuel on a fire by giving them attention. Voltaire once said, "I may not agree with what you have to say sir, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." I'm glad the freedom riders were formed, just so the WBB followers can see the flags, and hear their lovely motorcycles! :D

20. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Their church number was all over youtube at one point and i called those shit heads and told them a few things ;). I hope they get hit by a empty plane and only kill them and no one else.

Products Discussed in

To Top