LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

kyb/tokico..shocks/struts for my wife's honda accord!!!

Old 03-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
kyb/tokico..shocks/struts for my wife's honda accord!!!

gonna be getting some shocks/struts for the wife's accord shortly......and looking on ebay, i found some really good deals on some suspension setups. for anyone who has experience with front wheel drive cars(yeah.....im used to truck suspensions)..................how good are kyb and tokico??

i've done strut swaps before.....im just wanting to know how good these companies are. i've only used gabriel pro-ryder shocks/struts before on the mustang she had, kinda cheap.....rode good for a while, but i think kyb or tokico will probably be better.

these are the set-ups im looking at.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-G...ACCORD_W0QQcmd

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...D-98-02_W0QQcm

anyone know anything about either set, as far as the product goes???
Old 03-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I think the OEM Honda ones are made by KYB.... if that helps you any.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:30 AM   #3
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Kyb and tokico are two very good shocks i have used both in the past. I am not sure what kyb shocks you are looking at but the set i used had four adjustments depending on the ride you were looking for pretty easy to adjust. Tokico is also very good they are very basic pretty much a good step up from stock are you keeping the stock springs
Old 03-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacoma View Post
Kyb and tokico are two very good shocks i have used both in the past. I am not sure what kyb shocks you are looking at but the set i used had four adjustments depending on the ride you were looking for pretty easy to adjust. Tokico is also very good they are very basic pretty much a good step up from stock are you keeping the stock springs
the kyb's im looking at are the gr-2.........which is supposed to be an awesome shock/ strut set-up for replacing stockers with. im not changing springs, just want a litle better ride, as the struts are pretty worn out now(hahaha.....the wife kinda likes pot holes a little too much).......so i think these kyb's will be pretty good. i think maybe the adjustables you are talking about are called kyb agx.........adjustables, but i think more for a good tuner/racing setup,where you can adjust the dampening for track or whatever. they look cool, but im just wanting something to replace the stockers with that are gonna be comfortable, and may also help with hi-speed braking(you know.......some idiot stops in front of you on the interstate while you are running 70..........good shocks and struts will shorten braking distances a bit).
Old 03-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yeh thats a very good choice and yes i was talking about the agx. I helped my buddy not to long ago chang out his shock struts and springs on his wifes car he went with some kyb's as well probaly the same ones i believe. The car was an acura TL for springs he went with some tein luxury springs droped maybe a inch but the ride is great well worth
Old 04-01-2008, 03:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacoma View Post
Yeh thats a very good choice and yes i was talking about the agx. I helped my buddy not to long ago chang out his shock struts and springs on his wifes car he went with some kyb's as well probaly the same ones i believe. The car was an acura TL for springs he went with some tein luxury springs droped maybe a inch but the ride is great well worth
thanks man......i'll let ya know how it turns out when i get the set-up!!